Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 minutes ago, supermon said:

8 goals and 5 assists for a relegation team is pretty decent, he's only going to get better. He is WBA's talisman, could do with another at our club to help Grealish out

10 goals and 5 assists i would say is very good.

And the way he played at Villa Park the other night yes I think he's a good shout.

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

10 goals and 5 assists i would say is very good.

And the way he played at Villa Park the other night yes I think he's a good shout.

Let's hope Wesley and Luiz can do a number on him and get Emi on the phone to Buendia too

Both players can play either wing or in the middle...a front 4 of Grealish, Pereira, Buendia and Watkins!! Just need a strong DM to add to that and we'd be a decent team. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, supermon said:

8 goals and 5 assists for a relegation team is pretty decent, he's only going to get better. He is WBA's talisman, could do with another at our club to help Grealish out

Output stats aren’t all I look for or I wouldn’t want to replace El Ghazi

If we are going after Brazilians with the first name Matheus - does anyone follow the bundesliga know how Matheus Cunha is developing ? 

Also yes I know I have been critical of a Smith but that does not mean I’m calling for his head either.... My point regarding Bielsa was not a criticism of Smith - it’s a simple and lazy link to make in many ways but flip side is CL teams were after him during the summer and if he ends up at Leeds over a CL team then it will be down to Bielsa’s influence. Be interesting  if we both have bids for Buendia accepted which club he’d choose ... exciting times! 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, supermon said:

Thought it was pretty clear, he feels Bielsa is able to attract a higher calibre player than our current manager.

You see I found it incredibly unclear, as whatever parameter you choose to look at we signed that the last summer. And from what I can remember Deano was in charge then as well.

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Wow just wow. This is some FIFA /FM dreamland stuff

The only player you overvalued was Alberto the rest are undervalued big time. Saul was linked with a 90 million move recently and probably similar for Kessie

Again I didn't value them it's what the transfer market values them, I wished people would read properly.

Sure there's a difference between there current market value and what the club would want for them.

Edited by Dave-R

24 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

You see I found it incredibly unclear, as whatever parameter you choose to look at we signed that the last summer. And from what I can remember Deano was in charge then as well.

Whether you like Dean or not, and clearly you do, you can't argue that certain managers are a bigger draw for certain players.  The kid in question is obviously South American as is Bielsa and he is highly rated so not surprising that he might have a preference to working with a South American manager, all other things being equal??

James Rodriguez probably went to Everton because of Ancelotti (name and had worked with him previously).

Big named managers can be a draw BUT I'm not sure that we want to fish in that pool anyway??

And Jack might prefer to stay at the Villa because he works with Dean??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, barry'sboots said:

Whether you like Dean or not, and clearly you do, you can't argue that certain managers are a bigger draw for certain players.  The kid in question is obviously South American as is Bielsa and he is highly rated so not surprising that he might have a preference to working with a South American manager, all other things being equal??

James Rodriguez probably went to Everton because of Ancelotti (name and had worked with him previously).

Big named managers can be a draw BUT I'm not sure that we want to fish in that pool anyway??

And Jack might prefer to stay at the Villa because he works with Dean??

I've got no issues with that, but that was not mentioned in the afore quoted post.

4 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

Is he any good? Has anyone ever seen him play? Is he suited to the premier league at all?

Think he would be destroyed in the Premier League myself

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Certain players may rather play for Bielsa than Smith. But Cash and Watkins were two that chose Villa.

That villa No. 10 really admires Smith as well

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Certain players may rather play for Bielsa than Smith. But Cash and Watkins were two that chose Villa.

I would say when they are at the Negotiating table and plans are put across a certain way yes some players buy into what other managers do over others. It's the way plans are put across as well as how a team plays and what players are already in a team. A player joining may also ask those in charge at the Negotiations how they fit into the team and fit into the potential future. There is alot that no doubt gets talked about and hashed out before the signature point.

I do agree that players will always favourite one manager over another and a particular reason maybe involved. As some have said it could be down to they have played under that person before or as simple as they speak the same language and there is no language barrier. Could also be a manager may be able to pull more players from his own nation like Smith is English so we may get more English players. If so I am down for that to be fair as I'd love us to be a mostly English club hoping to make English nationals and English football better anyway. For me having more internationals for our own nation is important for the development of our national football team. 

5 hours ago, supermon said:

Apparently we are monitoring matheus pereira, that is Brum mail though. Wouldn't mind a midfield of Grealish Pereira and add in someone like Buendia and then we have a decent attacking threat.

Pereira ticks a lot boxes. Local to us, done well at wba, we could afford the fee and the wages.

Really think we need to give Barry a couple of games to see if he is ready to be back up striker next season, before bringing in another striker .

2 hours ago, beachboys1 said:

any truth of watkins to liverpool

No idea but I wouldn’t be devastated if he left because there would be a large premium attached and he can be replaced.

IMO the only players we can’t replace are Konsa, Martinez and Grealish.

• Like 1