Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

mikel oyarzabal Has a release clause for 56m

64-70 million release clause was the last report and no chance he would be interested to join us at the moment.

Sociedad fans would have similar reactions when Jack was linked with Everton and Spurs the summer before last :D 

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

64-70 million release clause was the last report and no chance he would be interested to join us at the moment.

Sociedad fans would have similar reactions when Jack was linked with Everton and Spurs the summer before last :D 

65 million euros and I doubt he would join too I was just pointing out there are far superior players to ASM for the same price.

Put the bid in and make him say no.

3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

65 million euros and I doubt he would join too I was just pointing out there are far superior players to ASM for the same price.

Put the bid in and make him say no.

Pretty sure clubs dont do that anymore with transfers, medicals and personal terms usually done before the transfer fee now

12 minutes ago, Villa Stu said:

What does everyone think of anguissa? I’ve watched Fulham 5 or 6 times and IMO looks like he would make a great addition for us. Quite tall, powerful and comfortable on the ball

I thought the same but he doesn’t always get in to the Fulham team so something ain’t right. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Pretty sure clubs dont do that anymore with transfers, medicals and personal terms usually done before the transfer fee now

Either way you’re asking the question to him.

19 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Why? I just don’t get this logic. Why have we got to be spending half of our transfer budget on a player that plays in the same position as one of our best players. 

We’re just not at the level to be signing 40m back up’s to our club record signings. We need wingers and central midfielders before we entertain another starting striker. 

It's bizarre to me, that people just can't understand that a striker isn't our main problem ffs.

It's the link TO the striker and the line behind and around him which is!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, paul514 said:

mikel oyarzabal Has a release clause for 56m

Na, disagree and he would probably be too much out of our price range anyway.

With Saint-Maximin, he is a proven premier league player who would hit the ground running and not take time to settle in either.

59 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

With Saint-Maximin, he is a proven premier league player who would hit the ground running and not take time to settle in either.

Why would Newcastle not ask for more than £56 million?

I think he signed a new crazily-long contract at the start of the season, and he is quality. He'd be expensive.

Edited by Rolta

17 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He's only played 39% of possible minutes this season.  I think we would be more likely to go for McNeill myself.

Abraham or Coutinho?

The price for both will be roughly the same by the looks of things - Coutinho will go for a cheaper fee but demand more in wages.

Abraham being linked to us, Leicester and West Ham; Coutinho to Everton and Leicester.

10 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Why would Newcastle not ask for more than £56 million?

I think he signed a new crazily-long contract at the start of the season, and he is quality. He'd be crazily expensive.

We won't know until the summer I guess.

Quality doesn't come cheap either.

9 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

He's only played 39% of possible minutes this season.

I don't think it's career defining though.

I remember Mings always being out for Bournemouth, he hasn't had the same level of absence with us to be fair.

Not sure about McNeil mate as I've not seen much of him.

40 mil + addons for abraham when we spent 30 for Watkins? Thats crazy and unnecesery 40 mil thats starting money we dont and wont play 2 strikers.

As i see we need decend creative backup for grealish. Starting creative midfielder starting right winger and backup left back.

• Like 3