Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I don't see how they will even score, you can see the shape and there is no 'point to it' because they haven't put a striker in the team.

PSG are out working, out muscling, out playing them so far.

Mental.... LEVELS to this thing hey?

This is the team brushing Premier League teams aside on the regular.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think we’d sign him as a left winger and we’d move Grealish to 10. I think we have so much more control of a game with Grealish in the middle as he retains possession more and basically does things that world class players do. 

However, I’m not against keeping him on the left, it just means we need to sign another quality attacking midfielder (what Barkley was supposed to be). 

I’ve said it before on here, but if we have a budget of say, 100m, I’d be more than happy spending 70m of that on Bissouma and Lookman. What we need now is players that will come here and command a starting position, relegating the current crop to squad players. 

For 100m

Koopmeiners and Wjindal of AZ and Oyarzabal for Real Sociadad 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/owen-wijndal/profil/spieler/339328
https://www.transfermarkt.com/teun-koopmeiners/profil/spieler/360518
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mikel-oyarzabal/profil/spieler/351478

Happy to swap Wijndal with Sosa of Stuttgart.
https://www.transfermarkt.com/borna-sosa/profil/spieler/293194

Throw in Olise for 8m if there is any change left or we sell El Ghazi.... and the release clause is true

Edited by paul514
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

PSG are out working, out muscling, out playing them so far.

Mental.... LEVELS to this thing hey?

This is the team brushing Premier League teams aside on the regular.

How good must Lille be? Who’ve they got on the right wing? Sign him. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Always injured and relies on explosive pace, that is a bad combo. Not to mention we don't need a right back as a priority this summer.

I'd play him further forward, but you're right, the first bit is a worry.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Do people seriously think we can sign Coutinho? I hope they are just having a bit of fun otherwise they are going to be disappointed this summer if this calibre of player is expected.

I'm saying that's the sort of quality we could be looking at, I know there are some good young players out there, but at some point if you want to succeed you have to buy some proven quality. He's likely to end up at Everton or Leicester and though Coutinho probably isn't the player for us because of his age, the principle that we should be competing for players like him is there.

That allied with Barca being desperate to get rid and talk of a £30m fee puts him well within our range - albeit unlikely because of age and resale value.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I'm saying that's the sort of quality we could be looking at, I know there are some good young players out there, but at some point if you want to succeed you have to buy some proven quality.

Exactly. I don’t know if we’ll land any of them but expecting us to go after some very, very good players this summer. £100M on 3 players is far from unthinkable. 

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

No, he doesn’t seem much better than what we have, was just replying to Delphino’s question. 

4 hours ago, TRO said:

Bruno Guimaraes or Leandro Paredes maybe.

Paredes is more box to box and regular starter at PSG since Poch got in there alongside Gana.

Yeah Lyon have a few to look at....Thiago Mendes is on the bench currently and pretty sure he was highly rated at Lille as a DM so he is gettable, only 5ft 9 though. Would've liked Lucas Paqueta aswell, Lyon signed him for about 16m last summer (so pretty much used the Traore fee). Pretty good price for 23 year old with 13 Brazil caps but it didn't quite work for him at AC Milan so those are the sorts we need to be targeting as clubs will certainly be wanting to move fringe players on after last year.

• Like 1

Just now, Awol said:

No, he doesn’t seem much better than what we have, was just replying to Delphino’s question. 

I am sure his chances created etc is way better than El Ghazi but his goals and assists aren't.

We need a player currently in the bracket of just below world class for wide forward

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

But what about Watkins? 

He goes to position of Son, Rashford, Mane, Salah, Richarlison, Aubameyang plays wide for Arsenal on occasions when they also start Lacazette, Jarad Bowen etc. I mean if we had signed Bowen from Hull in Jan 2020 as many wanted I have no doubts whatsoever he'd have played every minute for us as CF just like Ollie has done but West Ham use him out wide and he fills in whenever Antonio is injured.

All top half clubs, all have players who can fill in or came to club as central strikers but now play wide and it improves the all round game.

What happens if Ollie has a Grealish type injury from October as then we'd be in a bit of a problem if we're asking Wes or Davis to fire us into top 8 regardless of the wide players we have.

I also hope we go with two out and out strikers far more often as plan B next season. Fulham game when we scored three goals in 15 minutes shows it can certainly have its uses against weaker teams in the league at least.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, paul514 said:

He is a fine player, we can buy better for that large a fee through.

Yeah that's fair enough. I keep mentioning him thinking Newcastle are going down but that's very remote prospect so they'll price him out of move to anyone I imagine given how crucial he is in their system.

I suspect we'll look at Lookman given Leipzig will sell for 20m so fits into our range. Good player but he's very much left sided attacker so would have to re-jig things a bit but certainly got more about him in long run than AEG.

I would much rather be putting round pegs into round holes.

We've got the striker in Watkins; and we need wingers to help provide the ammunition for him to score more goals. We need to go out this Summer and sign a winger who has the quality to be one of the leading players in our side.

As for Tammy Abraham; if Smith wants him then we should go in for him. But I would hope he plans on using both Watkins and Abraham up front together.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Please don't forget a DCM/CM !

Well if we go by numbers game and Watkins, Wes, Davis and potentially Barry is too many to bring in a CF I'd suggest McGinn, Nakamba, Luiz, Sanson, Ramsey and potentially Carney (with Jack potentially going back to number 10 so that will mean just two spots) is certainly far too many to bring in another midfielder on top and make it all work so two of those would have to go.

Nakamba for sure, probably optimistic to think Brighton would take him and 30m for Bissouma but you never know.

47 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

For me, he’s a couple of seasons off still. Again, possibly in the minority, but I haven’t been all that impressed with Barry having watched him play a few times. The standout youngsters for me have always been Carney, Kessler and Ramsey. I confess to know very little about Philogene-Bidace also. 

The ice cold way he took the goal v Liverpool was very special though and that was against experienced keeper and defenders. I'd like to see him get a few minutes in the run in but Wes actually back involved makes that unlikely. Season long loan to league 1 or lower end championship the smart move.

Edited by VillaChris

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Well if we go by numbers game and Watkins, Wes, Davis and potentially Barry is too many to bring in a CF I'd suggest McGinn, Nakamba, Luiz, Sanson, Ramsey and potentially Carney (with Jack potentially going back to number 10 so that will mean just two spots) is certainly far too many to bring in another midfielder on top and make it all work so two of those would have to go.

Nakamba for sure, probably optimistic to think Brighton would take him and 30m for Bissouma but you never know.

If we are depending on Barry, Davis, Ramsey and Davis next season then we've failed to progress and will get nowhere near Europe.

All are too raw right now (possibly Davis aside), and they need loans to get professional game time at a competitive level.

All of them have the potential to be great players for us. I personally think Carney is going to be the next Grealish for Aston Villa; but he needs blooding into the side in the same way we did with Jack.