Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

No idea but I wouldn’t be devastated if he left because there would be a large premium attached and he can be replaced.

IMO the only players we can’t replace are Konsa, Martinez and Grealish.

First time agreeing with you in a while but as much as I love him if we got, say, £50m we could buy well with that sort of money for a direct replacement.  

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Was just discussing this on Facebook:

Is our young lad Brad Young, going under the radar?

He is the youth player, who came on and produced some filthy skill against Liverpool in our own area to get out of trouble.

Looked confident and fearless.

Seems he has banging the goals in for fun.

In my opinion, these " under the radar " types are the ones who usually, ACTUALLY make it most times, over the overhyped ones.

Agreed and I also liked the look of Arjan Raikhy too had an understated game and pressed with incredible intensity. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, useless said:

We're being linked to Duván Zapata.

Always liked him since when he was at Napoli. Think he moved to Udinese and had a good couple of years scoring and been brilliant in Atalanta's mega attacking system, pretty sure he got 30 goals a year or two ago.

Can play wide or central in front 3 so would be excited by that. Muriel is the one I don't really rate from their attackers so wouldn't be interested in him as he wasn't great at Sevilla.

Will be interesting who Watford target now they're up again. Paper yesterday linked them to Rodrigo De Paul due to him playing for Udinese but would be amazed if they pull that off, probably more likely to get back Delefeuo.

Zapata Serie A record:

16/17- Udinese (10 goals)

17/18- Sampdoria (11 goals)

18/19- Atalanta (23 goals)

19/20- Atalanta (19 goals)

So far this season 14 league goals.

Far to say we're doing very very well if we sign anyone this summer with that sort of top flight scoring record!

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

The Ajax fullback? Is your point that you need a different manager to sign international players at Ajax?

Or foreign names?

Or a CL player?

Or that we don't spend €15 million?

I'm confused.

Allan and Hames would've never considered Everton in a million years if Ancelotti wasn't there so it does help. In same way O'Neill probably was edge in getting likes of Petrov, Milner and Carew in first two years of his reign.

Wouldn't beat DS with that stick yet though as in this period it makes sense to concentrate more on up and coming players and working before with Konsa and Watkins helped us get them ahead of other clubs. The test will come though when we start trying to get in more established at top level names. Might not be this summer but have to think we'll start doing it in summer 2022 as we'll have been in prem by four seasons at that point so surely can start offering competitive wages by then which Purslow has said we continue to be restricted by.

I do think a few more South American players will consider us now looking at how well Martinez and Doug have done so they know they can come in and have that little community in the dressing room to help them settle in with Wes aswell so I'd look at the south Americans who are on fringes of some of the bigger teams as a few will be open to season long loan deals, Rodrygo at Real Madrid seems an obvious one there.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Always liked him since when he was at Napoli. Think he moved to Udinese and had a good couple of years scoring and been brilliant in Atalanta's mega attacking system, pretty sure he got 30 goals a year or two ago.

Can play wide or central in front 3 so would be excited by that. Muriel is the one I don't really rate from their attackers so wouldn't be interested in him as he wasn't great at Sevilla.

Will be interesting who Watford target now they're up again. Paper yesterday linked them to Rodrigo De Paul due to him playing for Udinese but would be amazed if they pull that off, probably more likely to get back Delefeuo.

Zapata Serie A record:

16/17- Udinese (10 goals)

17/18- Sampdoria (11 goals)

18/19- Atalanta (23 goals)

19/20- Atalanta (19 goals)

So far this season 14 league goals.

Far to say we're doing very very well if we sign anyone this summer with that sort of top flight scoring record!

He’s linked to Chelsea too. JPA needs to have a word. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Pereira is Leeds people. The street never lies!

Good. He can crack on. Not good enough for where we want to go in my opinion.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Good. He can crack on. Not good enough for where we want to go in my opinion.

And me, £20m+ player on a 4 or 5 year deal, with where we would want to be in that time is he really going to develop any further and still be a first teamer? 

If we signed him and started to flirt with top 7 we'd all be in the summer transfer 2023 thread talking about who we could replace him with

Good player and it would wind them lot up I just don't think a deal would be there (relegation = bargains is a myth) or any kind of longevity 

I was actually amazed he had 10 goals as he barely did anything bar one good free kick for them up to January. On really good form currently but so is Calum Robinson.

Reminds me of people demanding we signed Diangana last summer who's warming the bench for them every week.

24 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I was actually amazed he had 10 goals as he barely did anything bar one good free kick for them up to January. On really good form currently but so is Calum Robinson.

Reminds me of people demanding we signed Diangana last summer who's warming the bench for them every week.

Second half the season his chances created are up their with the best.  He’s a good player. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Second half the season his chances created are up their with the best.  He’s a good player. 

He is a decent player, I want a wide player who can be top 10 in his position worldwide this summer. Extremely difficult to do but it what we need 

4 hours ago, hippo said:

Pereira ticks a lot boxes. Local to us, done well at wba, we could afford the fee and the wages.

Really think we need to give Barry a couple of games to see if he is ready to be back up striker next season, before bringing in another striker .

no he is only 18, Barry should not be back up next season. Look how Wolves season have gone with Fabio Silva as back up

4 hours ago, hippo said:

Pereira ticks a lot boxes. Local to us, done well at wba, we could afford the fee and the wages.

Really think we need to give Barry a couple of games to see if he is ready to be back up striker next season, before bringing in another striker .

no he is only 18, Barry should not be back up next season. Look how Wolves season have gone with Fabio Silva as back up

Maybe but I think he is having an Ayew season, looking better when the team is practically relegated and will not do much after goes up the ladder

• Like 1

Guess Big Sam has sorted out their midfield structure and given him more licence to have a free role although he did track back well on Sunday.

Only thing I'd say is N'zogbia had a couple of seasons like that at Wigan when he got hot in last two months and was goals and assists machine so that's the caution whereas someone like Saint Maximn has been good for two seasons running now for Newcastle so I rate him a level higher.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

someone like Saint Maximn has been good for two seasons running now for Newcastle so I rate him a level higher.

As many have stated, he would be a great addition to our midfield.

He's a match winner and I wouldn't be dissapointed if we managed to sign him, he would be a better option than someone like Lookman imo.