Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

Vinicius Junior is probably a £80m player, 

Brosovic might not be out of reach financially and would be a real signal of intent , and tbf I never thought Felipe Anderson would rock up at West Ham but he did despite being a flop at the time was a major coup so anything is possible I suppose.

Well yeah that's what the market value is not what a club would sell those players at, as Tomaszk pointed out there clubs would no doubt sell for higher.

There have been many players who move around and some are very shocking and surprising signings that you thought never would be.

When were the last time we pulled a major signing in that shocked us all or the footballing world, it's been a long time right. Sure last season none of us seen the signings coming in that actually came in not until foreign media reported it at least. 

I think were due for a great summer and our Owners will go all out but that's just me, we probably won't get none of those names, I did say dream but then again dreams do come true at times and our Owners have made dreaming possible again.

So I'll continue to dream and hope we catch us a couple of big names, those kind of names is where Jack's head is I believe.  Those are the kind of signings where if Jacks injured he knows they are going to carry themselves and make something happen for Villa and do what he does which is create something from nothing and make the rest of the players believe they can go win games. Those players bring crowds, make defences crumble, they don't go missing often in games and you often notice them creating chances, showing there tricks, just really showing there worth

As I said to others above with current circumstances my friend, there's never been a better time to try drag some players of that calibre to Villa. Covid, super League, basically all the trouble that's gone on and were in a good position for once to take advantage of some of these clubs. If our Owners put the currency in the transfer pot, just like they did with that NBA player and spent over 240 million dollars retaining him, then I'm sure they have the balls to put into an excellent summer of transfer for our club. It all then comes to Negotiating, does Alange have the gift of mouth and can he lure players of that calibre to Villa.

We may also have to slightly overspend compared to the so called big 6 clubs, we may just have to offer more than what they would and that's be okay as long as they brought the good to there game. We may just have to be prepared to sweeten the deal and I forgot who mentioned that to me the other day but they said that's basically how Man City started off, they bought a few players at over the odds and went from there and look at them now, they don't have to spend as much luring players compared to what they did at the start as it's all about getting your first few into the club then it's much easier convincing the rest.

3 hours ago, Swerbs said:

I'd like to see us go for Julian Brandt

He would be an excellent signing as a 10 but I wouldn't prioritise signing a 10 this summer due to the level of quality wide player I want us to sign and the fact we have to replace a left back, probably Engels and need a DCM.

Brandt will be a bargain for whoever signs him for the 25m euros they want as he is only out of that team as an automatic starter due to a system change

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Well yeah that's what the market value is not what a club would sell those players at, as Tomaszk pointed out there clubs would no doubt sell for higher.

There have been many players who move around and some are very shocking and surprising signings that you thought never would be.

When were the last time we pulled a major signing in that shocked us all or the footballing world, it's been a long time right. Sure last season none of us seen the signings coming in that actually came in not until foreign media reported it at least. 

I think were due for a great summer and our Owners will go all out but that's just me, we probably won't get none of those names, I did say dream but then again dreams do come true at times and our Owners have made dreaming possible again.

So I'll continue to dream and hope we catch us a couple of big names, those kind of names is where Jack's head is I believe.  Those are the kind of signings where if Jacks injured he knows they are going to carry themselves and make something happen for Villa and do what he does which is create something from nothing and make the rest of the players believe they can go win games. Those players bring crowds, make defences crumble, they don't go missing often in games and you often notice them creating chances, showing there tricks, just really showing there worth

As I said to others above with current circumstances my friend, there's never been a better time to try drag some players of that calibre to Villa. Covid, super League, basically all the trouble that's gone on and were in a good position for once to take advantage of some of these clubs. If our Owners put the currency in the transfer pot, just like they did with that NBA player and spent over 240 million dollars retaining him, then I'm sure they have the balls to put into an excellent summer of transfer for our club. It all then comes to Negotiating, does Alange have the gift of mouth and can he lure players of that calibre to Villa.

We may also have to slightly overspend compared to the so called big 6 clubs, we may just have to offer more than what they would and that's be okay as long as they brought the good to there game. We may just have to be prepared to sweeten the deal and I forgot who mentioned that to me the other day but they said that's basically how Man City started off, they bought a few players at over the odds and went from there and look at them now, they don't have to spend as much luring players compared to what they did at the start as it's all about getting your first few into the club then it's much easier convincing the rest.

Mikel Oyarzabal is the dream signing we could afford to buy, I'd make a bid just to see if he refuses to move.

I'm starting to come to the view that I know we have to buy a LB,CB and DCM but I would sack off buying anyone else after them with our budget assuming its 120m which is half way between what we spent last season and this season, and throw it all on a wide player of extreme quality.
We have a bunch of players who can play ACM (Sanson, McGinn, Ramsey, Traore) so I can deal with that and I can deal with giving Wes a real chance to see if he can be a good player for us upfront.

• Like 1

In terms of the summer project there are two asks. Improving the first team and then improving the squad. 

In order to improve the first team there are three players who I'd have my eyes on replacing. 

- Traore - He's got the ability no doubt and it'll be interesting to see how he develops in his second full season. My gut tells me he'll never be consistent enough and will be a mercurial squad player. 

- Barkley (the no.10 slot) - Nothing needs to be said. It hasn't worked out. It's a crucial position and we can do much much better here. 

- One of McGinn or Luiz (not sure which) they both seem capable of being brilliant for about a 1/3 of a season and terrible for the rest. McGinn is strong, great athlete but as much as it pains me to say it because I love the man there are A LOT of games now where I question whether his technique is good enough for a top half PL team. Luiz has got the technique but when he's off form doesnt have the bite you need for that role. His confidence seems to go easily too then starts getting really sloppy with his passing. 

In terms of improving the squad we need another striker in case Watkins gets injured, another winger probably too, LB and probably just chuck a couple of keepers in there too because you never know. 

11 hours ago, Dave-R said:

These would be some of my choices for the Summer spend if we're looking around the 40 mill and upwards mark. Two or three of these would be a dream.

Central Midfield-Saul Niguez who plays for athletico Madrid, age 26, market value 49.50 mill.

Central midfield- Franck kessie, age 24, AC Milan, market value 45.00 mill.

Right Winger- Ousmane Dembele, age 23, FC Barcelona. Market value-45.00 mill.

Attacking midfield- Luis Alberto, age 28, Lazio, Market value 45.00 mill.

Left Winger- Vinicius Junior- age 20- real Madrid, Market Value 36.00 mill.

Defensive Midfield- Marcel Brozovic, age 28, Inter, Market Value 36.00 mills.

Wow just wow. This is some FIFA /FM dreamland stuff

The only player you overvalued was Alberto the rest are undervalued big time. Saul was linked with a 90 million move recently and probably similar for Kessie

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Dave-R said:

It’s not just transfer fees that are the issue. It’s wages. With no FFP city were able to entice big players by offering them silly money.

It’s just not possible anymore. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is 30 but would be a huge upgrade on even Watkins 

Different kind of player tbf - Zapata seems to be like Benteke when he was with us. I think they could easily play together up front. 

It'd be a hell of a coup, as he's highly rated.

• Like 1

Just now, lexicon said:

Different kind of player tbf - Zapata seems to be like Benteke when he was with us. I think they could easily play together up front. 

It'd be a hell of a coup, as he's highly rated.

He is a good presser, and quite fast on his feet as well. His height makes up look like a target man but he is quite nimble for a big guy and good finisher. Muriel might be the more realistic of the Atalanta strikers and is the same age but has a better goals to minute ratio but probably cost less as mainly a sub

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

He is a good presser, and quite fast on his feet as well. His height makes up look like a target man but he is quite nimble for a big guy and good finisher. Muriel might be the more realistic of the Atalanta strikers and is the same age but has a better goals to minute ratio but probably cost less as mainly a sub

Hence the Benteke comparison - I'd rather go for him than Muriel tbf. Availability is a huge factor in the signings we'll be making, as we're shopping from a more competitive level now - just got to find the right combination of fit and desire to play for us. 

10 hours ago, paul514 said:

He would be an excellent signing as a 10 but I wouldn't prioritise signing a 10 this summer due to the level of quality wide player I want us to sign and the fact we have to replace a left back, probably Engels and need a DCM.

Brandt will be a bargain for whoever signs him for the 25m euros they want as he is only out of that team as an automatic starter due to a system change

heavily linked to arsenal

and he's said that he wants to be a 10, £21m and decent wages, i think he's a better signing than taking a gamble on someone like almada but at the same time think he'll see us beneath him

would be great if arsenal got big eyes and thought draxler was the better option, he's got typical arsenal fraud written all over him

• Like 1

There's absolutely no chance we're turning around and start buying 30 year old strikers for huge amounts of money.

With Watkins doing so well, I imagine the only striker we will buy will be someone who is also comfortable with playing out wide.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

There's absolutely no chance we're turning around and start buying 30 year old strikers for huge amounts of money.

With Watkins doing so well, I imagine the only striker we will buy will be someone who is also comfortable with playing out wide.

I think you’re right on the age issue but some really high scoring forwards do it from the left or right of a front three. For example Tammy central with Watkins on the left could easily work, imo. 

Love Dave’s Dembele shout too, although with Messi moving on this summer he might finally get a chance.

But, given how much financial trouble the Spanish ESL reprobates are in, I reckon some top, top foreign players will be on the move this summer and the PL will be a favoured destination. Citeh, Chelsea etc can only fit so many of them into squads already heaving with talent. 

• Like 1

Ousmane Dembele is in something like €250.000 ... zero chance he will end up at B6 other than with a visiting team. 

Players like that a more a few years and a different manager away. Smith through no fault of his own does not have the pull factor to entice big name European players with no Europe etc  That is not a stick to hit him with nor a reason to get rid of Smith (BTW before pounced upon) just an opinion. 

Tammy is just another Solanke imo and is only spoken about the way he is coming through at Chelsea. Overrated and overpriced in my view. 

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s not just transfer fees that are the issue. It’s wages. With no FFP city were able to entice big players by offering them silly money.

It’s just not possible anymore. 

Not just even for FFP reasons, I don't want wages to get really high here as it eats into transfer budgets too much.