Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

5 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

Daryl Dike scored again today. Will be super interested to see where he ends up in the summer (I just can't see him going back to MLS after this)

Dike is an interesting one certainly doing very well at Barnsley, Orlando supposed to want 20mil and 20% of any sell on price though. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Dike is an interesting one certainly doing very well at Barnsley, Orlando supposed to want 20mil and 20% of any sell on price though. 

Think you need to negotiate with MLS and not Orlando 

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Think you need to negotiate with MLS and not Orlando 

Ah like la Liga then. I think every player has a sell on clause and you pay it to La Liga like the Founding member of the super League Arsenal did for partey.

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Ah like la Liga then. I think every player has a sell on clause and you pay it to La Liga like the Founding member of the super League Arsenal did for partey.

No its more complicated 😂 if i recall the MLS own all the players contracts except the Designated Players spots like Beckham, Gerrard etc and distribute them to clubs. Its so trades can be done without players permission

• Thanks 1

- RB & LB backups: In the mould of James Justin. Lower league, potential, young enough to improve, but not bank-breaking. Probably £5-10m each.

- Winger: Top quality, £40m+ price tag, someone to add really quality to our front line.

- Creative attacking mid: Top quality, another £30-40m+ player. Someone to rotate with Jack or play alongside him/ out wide or deeper against weaker opposition.

That’s what I’d be going for. I see a lot of people are asking for a new DM, and maybe I’m being too optimistic/naive, but I think with better attacking options to put us on the front foot more often, our central midfield options of Luiz/ Nakamba/ McGinn/ Sanson/ Ramsay will be fine.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

- RB & LB backups: In the mould of James Justin. Lower league, potential, young enough to improve, but not bank-breaking. Probably £5-10m each.

- Winger: Top quality, £40m+ price tag, someone to add really quality to our front line.

- Creative attacking mid: Top quality, another £30-40m+ player. Someone to rotate with Jack or play alongside him/ out wide or deeper against weaker opposition.

That’s what I’d be going for. I see a lot of people are asking for a new DM, and maybe I’m being too optimistic/naive, but I think with better attacking options to put us on the front foot more often, our central midfield options of Luiz/ Nakamba/ McGinn/ Sanson/ Ramsay will be fine.

I don't care about the price tags, but this yeah is needed. And another striker.

If we hypothetically signed Abraham, we could rotate Watkins wide if needed, thus we have even less need to use players like Trez and AEG.

It's annoying how shite we are without Grealish and it's even more annoying what a big **** up it was gambling on Ross Barkley.

• Like 1

Be interesting to see where the likes of Moussa Diaby (Leverkusen) and Amine Gouiri (Nice) ends up. Really talented young players but perhaps just under the level that the biggest clubs out there will go for them.

Shame Silas Wamangituka (Stuttgart) got that nasty injury because he also looked really interesting and plays on the right where we need an upgrade. And he also has one of the best names out there. Silas Wamangituka, top stuff.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Be interesting to see where the likes of Moussa Diaby (Leverkusen) and Amine Gouiri (Nice) ends up. Really talented young players but perhaps just under the level that the biggest clubs out there will go for them.

Shame Silas Wamangituka (Stuttgart) got that nasty injury because he also looked really interesting and plays on the right where we need an upgrade. And he also has one of the best names out there. Silas Wamangituka, top stuff.

that name sure has power to it.

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

There are no players out there available that is anywhere near Jack's level.

Fact is Smith needs to do like Bielsa and get a lot out of mediocre players.

Plenty available at a level higher than Barkley though I'm sure. 

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

I can almost guarantee that was the plan this season, it worked early in the season, it works when everyone is fully fit and on top form. It works against certain opposition. ( And of course when Jack is there ). It's extremely easy for opposition to figure out, and once they have, it's as if we have absolutely nothing else to offer. This is when being able to play through the middle is important.

We could have Prime Ronaldo up front ( Attacking talent ) and it wouldn't matter with the current midfield, so I think it i think it is definitely naive.

The midfield are supposed to be the " glue ", helping out both the defence and attack, currently they put the defence under pressure, and mostly supply absolutely nothing to the forwards.

As I said last night, it would be the absolute definition of insanity to try the exact same thing, but a slightly improved version.

The players you mentioned above who will be " fine " are the same players who have often failed to pass to a team mate, passed to the opposition or simply been brushed off the ball/passed through on multiple occasions. Bar Nakamba, they are pretty much all the same type of player.

It's a huge testament to Ollie that he manages to get anything at all with that cast behind him.

Ramsay/Sanson are probably the two with the highest ceilings, the others have " peaked " at average or below IMO.

EDIT: Can't know if Luiz has peaked yet.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

There are no players out there available that is anywhere near Jack's level.

Fact is Smith needs to do like Bielsa and get a lot out of mediocre players.

That Foden kid looks alright if i'm honest...

In the eleven games that Grealish has missed this season we've only scored more than one goal once. That's the biggest thing that needs to be addressed, and not with players who aren't much better than Trezeguet and El Ghazi, we need a massive upgrade in quality in the creative areas.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Plenty available at a level higher than Barkley though I'm sure. 

Sure. That wasn't my point. 

The point is we won't sign players who are much better than what we already have. That's the reality. Those players who are a level above what we have would be the likes of Haaland, Sancho and Foden. We're not signing those. 

Unless we are able to find some hidden gems Smith will have to do like Bielsa and get a lot out of little. 

We need to have a system like Leeds which can cover over some of the flaws in the squad. I promise you it's much easier to build that system than it is to find another Jack Grealish. Much easier. 

We're not playing with any plan or purpose. We have no identity. We are playing like individuals not like a team. We are heavily relying on individual brilliance. It is so evident to see without Jack in the team. 

Unpopular opinion but I think player personell is the least of our problems. 

Drop the majority on a defensive mid and a right winger. That'll immediately improve our first eleven and help improve those around them. 

A young left back, a CB capable of playing RB and some one like Olise would be good.

The difficult position is up front. Do we have the money to sign a player on Watkins level and then leave either that player(or Ollie) on the bench? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Sure. That wasn't my point. 

The point is we won't sign players who are much better than what we already have. That's the reality. Those players who are a level above what we have would be the likes of Haaland, Sancho and Foden. We're not signing those. 

Unpopular opinion but I think player personell is the least of our problems. 

What, you think the next step up from Trezeguet and Watkins is Haaland and Sancho type players.

There is a fair few levels in between, players like Neto and Neves, Maddison and Ndidi, Saint Maxim. We can hopefully go out and find our own versions of these.

and if your blaming the manager then Jesus.

2 minutes ago, picicata said:

Drop the majority on a defensive mid and a right winger. That'll immediately improve our first eleven and help improve those around them. 

A young left back, a CB capable of playing RB and some one like Olise would be good.

The difficult position is up front. Do we have the money to sign a player on Watkins level and then leave either that player(or Ollie) on the bench? 

Agreed. 

19 minutes ago, picicata said:

Don't agree - the absolute priority is a top quality CAM.

• Like 1

I would be delighted if we can sign 3 better quality players rather than 6/7 of lower quality. One centre mid and two wingers. Play Jack as a 10. All of a sudden the quality of the whole team would be raised.

We also need to start trusting some of our better youngsters. It will be easier for them to play amongst better players where the pressure is off a bit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That Foden kid looks alright if i'm honest...

Wow, has the ESL failure hurt Citeh so badly they are looking to sell Foden? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

In the eleven games that Grealish has missed this season we've only scored more than one goal once. That's the biggest thing that needs to be addressed, and not with players who aren't much better than Trezeguet and El Ghazi, we need a massive upgrade in quality in the creative areas.

I wouldn't keep any of our wingers including Bert if I'm honest. 

Elghazi will definitely go I would think, probably can't sell Trezeguet with his injury now. Would be unusual to sell Bert after just 1 season so probably only shipping one out. 

We will need big improvements on the wing though, it's been a massive problem for us without Jack out wide.