Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

I'm going to make a comprehensive post of the moves that I think we should do. First let's assess the squad. 

Keep - Martinez, Steer, Cash, Konsa, Mings, Hause, Targett, Luiz, Nakamba (been useful this year and good off the bench defensively), Ramsey, Sanson, Grealish, Traore, Trez, El Ghazi, Watkins, Wesley

Sell-Heaton either promote a youth keeper or sign a cheap young backup (5), McGinn probably the player we can get the most for and each game I become less and less happy with him (25), Hourihane a promoted team might purchase him for a couple of mil he guarantees a few shit houses over the course of a season (3), Engels can't stay fit and our of smiths plans move him on for a couple mil (5), Guilbert I would prefer to keep but it is likely smith wants to dump him off so oh well (7). Ideally we cna get about 40-50 mil in sales to help fund moves this summer. 

Loans - Davis, Most of our young players, could also see wesley. Also maybe Ramsey. 

That leaves us with 15 men (Ramsey counts as youth) in a 23 man squad. That means we need another GK, another CB, another Lb, Another RB, another striker, another Right winger . And then key for me are CM and LW. 

The key signings for me are the CM and the LW. Defensively we are very sturdy but we lose games when it comes to attacking. When we do attack we are quite potent but these days we just sit back more and more with no-one showing for the ball. Getting a LW will allow us to play Jack centrally. That combined with another better CM than McGinn and we should have the making of a side that can keep the ball. I think they should equate to about 75% of our transfer budget this season. Ideally doing that will add enough quality elsewhere in the team to guve jack some more freedom and get us to top 6 next season.

Suggestion for the CM - Bissouma, Zakaria, Sabitzer

For the LW- Oyarzabal, Ocampos, Lozano and a far out one Ousmane Dembele (yeah he's struggled for Barca but if he can stay fit I think he is still one hell of a player) 

Buendia, Bissouma & de Paul would be good signings but I imagine they would be about £120m for the 3 of them.

And, with Norwich promoted their incentive to sell is much lower and the price much higher. For De Paul we'll be fighting with bigger clubs like Inter, Juve, Napoli (and Leeds :D) for his signature, wages will be near the €200k/week mark. Also doubtful if the Udinese/Watford owners are willing to sell to mid table or lower PL club should Watford get promoted. And same with Bissouma where I think bigger fish will be circling with the price being a bit too high unless they are relegated. 

All of them would be interesting signings thou.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Fair enough! I’m probably wrong then, that’s some good company.  As I said I thought he was really good just wasn’t convinced top notch but some additional really good stats from @Rich192 and yourself means I need to reassess my view.

People noting he has no pace are right, and that’s something we lack. What I take from the last 3 months is creativity being an even bigger problem.

I wouldn’t be against Buendia playing more centrally with a new, more rapid right wing either (like Sarr for example). Difficult to know what the coaching team are wanting to do with the team/style of play next season. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

I seriously would have another look at Rashica 

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Bremen are in hopeless form while likes of Mainz and Koln are picking up wins so big chance they get relegated now so he could be 10m cheaper than whatever we were being quoted last summer.

He will be in the last year of his contract this summer.

I would like to see who Baumann will try to hold over a barrel this time with trying move goalposts on transfer fees.

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He will be in the last year of his contract this summer.

I would like to see who Baumann will try to hold over a barrel this time with trying move goalposts on transfer fees.

Eh Bremen accepted the offer, Rashica wanted to go Leverkusen or Leipzig 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Eh Bremen accepted the offer, Rashica wanted to go Leverkusen or Leipzig 

They didn't.

Leipzig was apparantly so in around May/June, but never followed up..

Leverkusen fell through as he had no interest going there.

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

They didn't.

Leipzig was apparantly so in around May/June, but never followed up..

Leverkusen fell through as he had no interest going there.

He wanted to go to Leverkusen but they didnt get it done on time 

No surprise only one team went for him in January the shitty Hertha so his stock has crashed to go with the burnt  bridges

10 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Rashica isn't some kind of next level player methinks. He might have been someone we scouted the same window we also signed wild cards like Traore, but now we will look at better players most likely. 

We should be. I have watched Rashica this whole season. He would not make it into our starting 11. he is a good signing for maybe one of the promoted sides or a top championship club. But he would not improve us based on this season on what I have seen.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

We should be. I have watched Rashica this whole season. He would not make it into our starting 11. he is a good signing for maybe one the promoted sides or a top championship club. But he would not improve us based on this season on what I have seen.

Wonder how much his market value has fallen tbh. Must be a shit situation for Bremen. Assuming they could have gotten £ 20 million for him last summer and over the next season covid hits, he turns shit and voila a £ 5 million player. 

Not saying that we should buy him, but Rashica has done a lot more and at higher level than pretty much every other winger mentioned on here in glowingly postive terms. If he's not good enough, then that would also rule out the likes of Buendia, Sarr, Lookman, Brooks, and even Neto and Saint-Maximin, because he's achieved more than all of them.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He wanted to go to Leverkusen but they didnt get it done on time 

No surprise only one team went for him in January the shitty Hertha so his stock has crashed to go with the burnt  bridges

Paper talk.

10 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Wonder how much his market value has fallen tbh. Must be a shit situation for Bremen. Assuming they could have gotten £ 20 million for him last summer and over the next season covid hits, he turns shit and voila a £ 5 million player. 

As I mentioned a few posts up, I would like to see who Baumann will try to hold over a barrel this time with trying move goalposts on transfer fees.

9 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

I'm going to make a comprehensive post of the moves that I think we should do. First let's assess the squad. 

Keep - Martinez, Steer, Cash, Konsa, Mings, Hause, Targett, Luiz, Nakamba (been useful this year and good off the bench defensively), Ramsey, Sanson, Grealish, Traore, Trez, El Ghazi, Watkins, Wesley

Sell-Heaton either promote a youth keeper or sign a cheap young backup (5), McGinn probably the player we can get the most for and each game I become less and less happy with him (25), Hourihane a promoted team might purchase him for a couple of mil he guarantees a few shit houses over the course of a season (3), Engels can't stay fit and our of smiths plans move him on for a couple mil (5), Guilbert I would prefer to keep but it is likely smith wants to dump him off so oh well (7). Ideally we cna get about 40-50 mil in sales to help fund moves this summer. 

Loans - Davis, Most of our young players, could also see wesley. Also maybe Ramsey. 

That leaves us with 15 men (Ramsey counts as youth) in a 23 man squad. That means we need another GK, another CB, another Lb, Another RB, another striker, another Right winger . And then key for me are CM and LW. 

The key signings for me are the CM and the LW. Defensively we are very sturdy but we lose games when it comes to attacking. When we do attack we are quite potent but these days we just sit back more and more with no-one showing for the ball. Getting a LW will allow us to play Jack centrally. That combined with another better CM than McGinn and we should have the making of a side that can keep the ball. I think they should equate to about 75% of our transfer budget this season. Ideally doing that will add enough quality elsewhere in the team to guve jack some more freedom and get us to top 6 next season.

Suggestion for the CM - Bissouma, Zakaria, Sabitzer

For the LW- Oyarzabal, Ocampos, Lozano and a far out one Ousmane Dembele (yeah he's struggled for Barca but if he can stay fit I think he is still one hell of a player) 

Anymore than 6 players and I think it is too diluted tbh

9 hours ago, Awol said:

People noting he has no pace are right, and that’s something we lack. What I take from the last 3 months is creativity being an even bigger problem.

I wouldn’t be against Buendia playing more centrally with a new, more rapid right wing either (like Sarr for example). Difficult to know what the coaching team are wanting to do with the team/style of play next season. 

Problem is both players are being promoted this year which makes them unattractive when you compare with other players of the same price range.

1 hour ago, useless said:

Not saying that we should buy him, but Rashica has done a lot more and at higher level than pretty much every other winger mentioned on here in glowingly postive terms. If he's not good enough, then that would also rule out the likes of Buendia, Sarr, Lookman, Brooks, and even Neto and Saint-Maximin, because he's achieved more than all of them.

Sod off pretty much all of them are better players than him.

I didn't say that they are or aren't better players, just saying that Rashica has done more than all of them and at an higher level, that's just objectively true. I personally feel we should try and sign better than all of them, including Rashica, who I don't think we will be interested in anyway unless Grealish leaves because they play in the exact same position, and Rashica isn't coming here to sit on the bench.