Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

On 19/04/2021 at 14:22, Sam-AVFC said:

As Florentino Perez said, they'd just have their own world cup if banned.

I don't see stadium licences being an issue either as cities will be willing to give huge incentives for what will become non localised franchises to move. Bring on the Mumbai Red Devils. I also don't think local or central government would be able to revoke licences out of spite without facing (and likely losing) big legal challenges.

One way countries could potentially try and stop it happening is by insisting certain taxes get counted over more than one country, when in the past they would have waved these requirements in the interest of competitions running.

Player power is a big one, but I'm not convinced there are that many players that would be willing to stand together and speak out against tripling their salaries.

I get people want a couple of top stars to come in for the budget but by enlarge they don't want to come to us! 50 million pound players aren't falling over themselves to go to none champions league clubs and neither are there loads of them.
We also have the problem that there will be a few leaving at the end of the season anyway because they are out of contract or crap (Engels), they need replacing.

In short we need to buy half a dozen players and get a bit more progress before taking the step to spend on 1-3 players a year.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

With fulham looking relegated i think we really should tey bring lookman here. He looks quite a player. A proper winger

Not a Fulham player regardless if they stay up or go down 

42 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Not a Fulham player regardless if they stay up or go down 

I still think he's a player we should look at. How much do you think Leipzig would want and is he a realistic signing? My European football knowledge is limited I have to be honest. 

1 minute ago, Mjvilla said:

I still think he's a player we should look at. How much do you think Leipzig would want and is he a realistic signing? My European football knowledge is limited I have to be honest. 

They dont play him and will probably sell for about 20 million or so. Is he an upgrade on Traore or do we need to sign a better quality wide player

Has to be quality over quantity for me. I would spend all the money on a right winger, a centre midfielder (whether that be a holding midfielder, or box to box is up for debate), and an attacking midfielder or left winger, depending on where we see Jack’s future. 

My preference for those three positions would be Buendia, Bissouma and de Paul. However I can’t claim to watch anywhere near as much other leagues as some people.

If we were in Europe, I can understand the want for more numbers, however realistically we don’t need a 25 man squad, we’ve only used 21 players this season, and one of those has left, and another played for 16 minutes. 

Bringing in top quality (or as good a quality as we possibly can at our level) is the most important thing, and if that means having to use Hause or Guilbert as back up left back, so be it. 

Once again though, the most important thing this summer is keeping hold of Jack. 

I have full confidence in the club to get this summer right, and I for one can’t wait. 

Edited by Rich192
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

They dont play him and will probably sell for about 20 million or so. Is he an upgrade on Traore or do we need to sign a better quality wide player

1 hour ago, Mjvilla said:

I would say they would be happy to recoup what they paid for him, so around the £16m-£20m figure would also be my estimation.

27 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Has to be quality over quantity for me. I would spend all the money on a right winger, a centre midfielder (whether that be a holding midfielder, or box to box is up for debate), and an attacking midfielder or left winger, depending on where we see Jack’s future. 

My preference for those three positions would be Buendia, Bissouma and de Paul. However I can’t claim to watch anywhere near as much other leagues as some people.

If we were in Europe, I can understand the want for more numbers, however realistically we don’t need a 25 man squad, we’ve only used 21 players this season, and one of those has left, and another played for 16 minutes. 

Bringing in top quality (or as good a quality as we possibly can at our level) is the most important thing, and if that means having to use Hause or Guilbert as back up left back, so be it. 

Once again though, the most important thing this summer is keeping hold of Jack. 

I have full confidence in the club to get this summer right, and I for one can’t wait. 

Buendia is really good but is he top quality?  I’m not convinced, we need another top quality creative player

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Buendia is really good but is he top quality?  I’m not convinced, we need another top quality creative player

I think that’s exactly what he is though, creative. He’s got 34 assists in three seasons for Norwich, and created 290 chances in that time. My only issue with him is a slight lack of pace, and poor discipline. He’s brilliant. 

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I had always thought he played centrally from what I had seen but, having looked in more depth, he seems to start on the right wing and drift in.  He certainly looks a creative player but doesn't have pace.  Sarr, another who will probably be promoted this year, has that raw pace that we don't really have anywhere else.  Both of these will be expensive and potentially hard to get given they are with promoted sides.  David Brooks appears to me to be a mix of the two - pacey'ish and tricky'ish - and more of a wide player than Buendia and should be easier to get, assuming that Bournemouth don't get up via the play offs.

34 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

My preference for those three positions would be Buendia, Bissouma and de Paul.

Those three players this summer would do for our attack and midfield what last summer did for our defence. 

Means gambling that if Ollie gets injured either Wes or Barry can fill his boots for a while, but I’d take that bet to get those players in. 

We’ll still need a back up LB and CB too. 

14 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

I think that’s exactly what he is though, creative. He’s got 34 assists in three seasons for Norwich, and created 290 chances in that time. My only issue with him is a slight lack of pace, and poor discipline. He’s brilliant. 

Hmmm not convinced. Almost all that was in the Championship but his time in the PL was 7 assists which is good don’t get me wrong especially in that Norwich team but is it the level we need especially as he has no pace.  Traore has 5 goals and 4 assists so far, is Buendia going to be much better than that.  Our next purchase needs to be top notch, I’m not sure Buendia is going to be that but that’s just my opinion but I’d love to be proved wrong.  As I’ve said I think he’s a really good player but we need more than that.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He has a bit more energy and fire in him that Traore but i have only watched him a couple of times. one game he was brilliant and the other against us he was decent before getting injured. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I seriously would have another look at Rashica 

Bremen are in hopeless form while likes of Mainz and Koln are picking up wins so big chance they get relegated now so he could be 10m cheaper than whatever we were being quoted last summer.

With Trez injury it perhaps opens up to sign him as sort of Jack back up and someone who can play elsewhere while still going really big on a pure right winger and sell El Ghazi to balance the books a bit.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Hmmm not convinced. Almost all that was in the Championship but his time in the PL was 7 assists which is good don’t get me wrong especially in that Norwich team but is it the level we need especially as he has no pace...

Chances created more of an important number than assists - imo 

04B1D509-2A1C-471B-B078-98AAAA45042A.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think he is a upgrade to what we have to be honest. Young hungey and had pl experience. 

I like him

13 minutes ago, Awol said:

Chances created more of an important number than assists - imo 

04B1D509-2A1C-471B-B078-98AAAA45042A.png

Fair enough! I’m probably wrong then, that’s some good company.  As I said I thought he was really good just wasn’t convinced top notch but some additional really good stats from @Rich192 and yourself means I need to reassess my view.

Just now, nick76 said:

Fair enough! I’m probably wrong then, that’s some good company.  As I said I thought he was really good just wasn’t convinced top notch but some additional really good stats from @Rich192 and yourself means I need to reassess my view.

I'm sure at one point before Xmas only messi and neymar had more chances created in open play in europe

Even that table I think is all chances, so includes set pieces which grealish doesn't always take (and we're shit at) 

• Like 1