Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

35 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Hopefully we can find some buyer for the likes of AEG, Trezeguet, etc. They're probably our most expendable but saleable assets. If we can recoup what we paid it'll be a fantastic result.

Doubt Trez will be going anywhere given his injury, perhaps a departure next January.

Yeah need to move on AEG now. He's played his part but very expendable now with where we should be going next 2-3 years.

I think the likes of Nakamba, Hourihane, El Ghazi, Davis and Engels will move on this summer, with Elmo and Taylor leaving on free transfers.

We’ve already replaced Hourihane with Sanson, but we have to bring in a powerful DM in this window as Luiz and Nakamba were walked through tonight. At least 1 pacey winger is essential, as is a forward. I would then look at potentially another CM and a LB. 5 or 6 players but it’s going to have to be the best part of £120m-£150m again to add enough quality to the team.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I think the likes of Nakamba, Hourihane, El Ghazi, Davis and Engels will move on this summer, with Elmo and Taylor leaving on free transfers.

We’ve already replaced Hourihane with Sanson, but we have to bring in a powerful DM in this window as Luiz and Nakamba were walked through tonight. At least 1 pacey winger is essential, as is a forward. I would then look at potentially another CM and a LB. 5 or 6 players but it’s going to have to be the best part of £120m-£150m again to add enough quality to the team.

We're getting to the stage where one big departure will be needed every season to fund incoming transfers. If we get a decent offer McGinn I'd consider it.

6 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

We're getting to the stage where one big departure will be needed every season to fund incoming transfers. If we get a decent offer McGinn I'd consider it.

I think as big departures go it's more likely to be Watkins, which would open the door for Tammy.

Watkins needs wingers who provide better crosses from better angles - the opposite of the slow, floaty heading practice we currently serve up.

Traore will get another season, AEG will be gone and Trez would’ve been but still needs replacing in the squad. Two wingers, a DM, a LB, a CF and a CB. At least 3 or 4 of those 6 need to be better than what we have in current first XI.

Going to be an expensive summer.

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Doubt Trez will be going anywhere given his injury, perhaps a departure next January.

Yeah need to move on AEG now. He's played his part but very expendable now with where we should be going next 2-3 years.

I could see him in a West brom or a Fulham

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

Watkins needs wingers who provide better crosses from better angles - the opposite of the slow, floaty heading practice we currently serve up.

Traore will get another season, AEG will be gone and Trez would’ve been but still needs replacing in the squad. Two wingers, a DM, a LB, a CF and a CB. At least 3 or 4 of those 6 need to be better than what we have in current first XI.

Can you really see us bringing in that many new faces?

I think some fans are maybe a little unrealistic in there expectations, I reckon we'll need 2 summer windows before we start seeing a side that can seriously challenge for a European place.

We will definately need a new back up LB & RB with Taylor and Elmo going as I think Guilbert will also be moved on. A pacy left winger & decent DM would be my prorities.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Hopefully we can find some buyer for the likes of AEG, Trezeguet, etc. They're probably our most expendable but saleable assets. If we can recoup what we paid it'll be a fantastic result.

Doubt we would recoup what we paid but even at a loss I'd move AEG on without a doubt, along with a few others.

58 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Can you really see us bringing in that many new faces?

I think some fans are maybe a little unrealistic in there expectations, I reckon we'll need 2 summer windows before we start seeing a side that can seriously challenge for a European place.

We will definately need a new back up LB & RB with Taylor and Elmo going as I think Guilbert will also be moved on. A pacy left winger & decent DM would be my prorities.

I think we’ll make the additions to compete for Europe this summer or Jack will leave next year. I think our owners are ambitious men in a hurry. I’m expecting 5-6 incoming, whatever Deano is currently saying.

1 minute ago, Awol said:

I think we’ll make the additions to compete for Europe this summer or Jack will leave next year. I think our owners are ambitious men in a hurry. I’m expecting 5-6 incoming, whatever Deano is currently saying.

5-6 first teamers? I don't feel there's a cat in hells chance of that happening I can see 2 first teamers at most we have Wesley coming back which will be like a new signing. I agree the owners are ambitious but don't think they will rush things for the sake of it, besides we can't just spend as we have to consider FFP.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Buy that many players then we simply won't compete any higher than what were doing right now.  We need really quality now so we can compete better against teams that we lost to last night. Buy a big quantity like what you suggest and it would certainly be 10 to 20 mill signings again with more of the same performances like last night.

In order for us to keep Grealish happy and rid ourselves of this one man army motion, we simply have to go and spend 40 mill an upwards on a player. It's that bracket where we have to aim for, we know a much more capable player would raise our bar and help us gain a better league position as well as put us in contention for Europe.

Can't be dangling round quantity at low cost any longer, that would us be saying to ourselves that we have given up and are accepting where we are in the league.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

5-6 first teamers? I don't feel there's a cat in hells chance of that happening I can see 2 first teamers at most we have Wesley coming back which will be like a new signing. I agree the owners are ambitious but don't think they will rush things for the sake of it, besides we can't just spend as we have to consider FFP.

We do, yet FFP during Covid was said to be not taken into account by UEFA and the Leagues was it not?

As for our accounts we seem to be in good health and still debt free despite posting a 99 mill loss because the season before we had made that much.

It would be wise for our Owners to spend what they can...

We have gaps of quality in our squad, but I'd be surprised if we get more than 2 as what we need now is real quality.

The most obvious places are defensive midfielder and winger. Or perhaps a striker if Ollie is pushed wide.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

No, I wrote at least 3-4 need to better than what we have. That’s the wingers and a DM for certain, a CF better than Watkins is probably not on the cards, but not impossible. Back ups at LB and CB

Its obvious that we need to take pressure off Jack if he's here next season.  That was the point in getting Barkley in. Wrong player but right idea.  As to who we bring in I've no idea.  I don't watch enough football anymore to say who we should be after.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Awol said:

No, I wrote at least 3-4 need to better than what we have. That’s the wingers and a DM for certain, a CF better than Watkins is probably not on the cards, but not impossible. Back ups at LB and CB

Fair enough have to disagree though don't see any more than 2 'better than we have' type players coming in.

12 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Its obvious that we need to take pressure off Jack if he's here next season.  That was the point in getting Barkley in. Wrong player but right idea.  As to who we bring in I've no idea.  I don't watch enough football anymore to say who we should be after.  

There are no players out there available that is anywhere near Jack's level.

Fact is Smith needs to do like Bielsa and get a lot out of mediocre players.