Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

I just can’t ever see El Ghazi or Trez scoring goals like these for instance:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Anyway, I’ll move on from Milot for now (we seem to have been linked with him in the press/online again today).

I just hope we see some proper upgrades, mostly in attack this time. The GK and Defence are pretty much sorted (a back up or rotation LB is needed though).

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Anyway, I’ll move on from Milot for now (we seem to have been linked with him in the press/online again today).

I just hope we see some proper upgrades, mostly in attack this time. The GK and Defence are pretty much sorted (a back up or rotation LB is needed though).

And centre-half, surely.

4 minutes ago, est1874 said:

And centre-half, surely.

Sure, if we can shift Engels (never involved).

The priority for the first team is to strengthen in attack though, the bulk of our spending must go there and we need to get it right this time. We struggle to create without Jack and Ollie is too isolated.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I can if they were at there old clubs, but here in this league none of who you mentioned are doing it..

Edited by Dave-R

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

So this summer will be interesting. 

I'd probz sell Grealish to one of the super league teams, Arsenal or spurs so it gives us a few years to survive
Sign James Henry from oxford. quite a quick decent winger.
Rhys Healy from MKdons to compete with Watkins (If he don't move to the super league) 
Gill Taylor could be a exciting signing from Oldham. Technical winger.

That should be able to compete for the premier league next season depending on other teams signing. Maybe move our games from Villa park to Lichfield community stadium, There wont be much money for us to keep Villa park open. Maybe sell it off so they can build a giant Pac Supermarket.

Its going to be a tough decade for Villa with all the money staying in the closed european super league. 

Gordon Ramsay Reaction GIF

triple h fighting GIF by WWE

The Rock Sport GIF by WWE

kick in nuts GIF

look showcase GIF by Explosive Professional Wrestling

Arnold Schwarzenegger Christmas Movies GIF by filmeditor

Edited by Dave-R
  • Haha 2

Summer window is going to be well crazy given this super League shit is actually happening, what on earth does it mean for our players like Grealish? 

It's going to be a crazy summer, who knows what the landscape will look like at the start of the next season?!

1 hour ago, supermon said:

Summer window is going to be well crazy given this super League shit is actually happening, what on earth does it mean for our players like Grealish? 

It's going to be a crazy summer, who knows what the landscape will look like at the start of the next season?!

The same

12 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

I see we may well be back in the market for a Kosovan winger if football insider are to be believed 

Hopefully just paper talk like Watkins and Liverpool.

Edited by zab6359

8 hours ago, supermon said:

Oh god.

I tell you what it means for Grealish, he stays with us whether we are in the super League or not, we are not forced to sell, he is under contract.

Would have to be a crazy offer and the deal would have to suit our Owners and the club which would most likely mean they would have to exchange a player who is on Jack's level and cash, I can't imagine we would ask for anything less.

Our Owners are not going to let the so called big six intimidate them into selling any of our players we don't want to sell.

I'm not worried at all and neither should anyone else be, just because a league is born doesn't mean we're all of a sudden going to lose Jack.

4 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Another thing that's not happening, we've only had Watkins since Summer gone, why would we even sell a player who is working out for us. Our Owners don't need the money, this isn't a 90s Villa club where we would sell our players or be bullied by the likes of utd,city, spurs,pool, Chelsea.

We start down this road of selling our best then we won't be a progressive team we will be a demoted team. Wvde didn't rejoin this league to be one of the clubs that watches those further up the table be better than us each season, we came to try be better than them.

46 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Oh god.

I tell you what it means for Grealish, he stays with us whether we are in the super League or not, we are not forced to sell, he is under contract.

Would have to be a crazy offer and the deal would have to suit our Owners and the club which would most likely mean they would have to exchange a player who is on Jack's level and cash, I can't imagine we would ask for anything less.

Our Owners are not going to let the so called big six intimidate them into selling any of our players we don't want to sell.

I'm not worried at all and neither should anyone else be, just because a league is born doesn't mean we're all of a sudden going to lose Jack.

Lol 48 hours ago, we didn't even know about a super league, so it's feasible anything can happen, which includes Jack leaving.

That's great you're not worried, that's your opinion. I'm not trying to have a knee jerk reaction to all this. Just my opinion again, I think it changes dynamics of the summer window as big 6 and other ELS teams will have a significant kitty, so in turn there is a slight chance they may come in for Grealish.

5 hours ago, zab6359 said:

If we have paid 33m for the lad and they want him a year later there is going to be a serious mark up for him.....

We could buy Abraham and Eduoard for the price....

46 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Another thing that's not happening, we've only had Watkins since Summer gone, why would we even sell a player who is working out for us. Our Owners don't need the money, this isn't a 90s Villa club where we would sell our players or be bullied by the likes of utd,city, spurs,pool, Chelsea.

We start down this road of selling our best then we won't be a progressive team we will be a demoted team. Wvde didn't rejoin this league to be one of the clubs that watches those further up the table be better than us each season, we came to try be better than them.

Disagree selling replaceable players for big markups isn’t a terrible idea

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

Disagree selling replaceable players for big markups isn’t a terrible idea

The thing is, yes our owners are seriously wedged and don't necessarily need the cash....but they are successful businessmen for whatever reasons. They aren't really fans like us.

Also, i recall the words of Alan Shearer when signing for Blackburn - "every man has his price and they've just found mine". Players talk all the time; meeting up for internationals hearing about salary deals others are on, etc. This is what turned steve hodge's head after World Cup 86 and off he went to Spuds.

I don't know Jack Grealish from a crow. If money is all he is interested in then citeh or chelski could double his wages and he'd be off. Whether the owners are rich enough wouldn't come into it then.