Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

12 minutes ago, ender4 said:

After all the ESL nonsense... I get the feeling that NSWE will pull out all the stops this summer to give us a really good go at finishing 4th next season.

They have a great chance because there should be six clubs starting on -15.

9 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Is Tammy Abraham injured? Not in the Chelsea Squad.

He will be leaving in the Summer.

And it's either Leicester, West Ham or us I reckon.

I think the other two are more likely due to gaps in their squad. 

We won't be providing a spot for two £30m strikers I don't think.

• Like 1

Just watching Bissouma playing for Brighton. He is such a classy player. If we had a hope of getting him in the summer, which I think we do have, we should be making him our number 1 priority. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Just watching Bissouma playing for Brighton. He is such a classy player. If we had a hope of getting him in the summer, which I think we do have, we should be making him our number 1 priority. 

Have you seen a price/valuation quoted anywhere??

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

People seem to be chucking about  a valuation of £40 to £50m. That seems about right to me.

Upper end of that is a big spend for us when you look at the other areas we need to bring in.

Not sure where FFP is any more.  If its still around, I think we would struggle to spend £50m on one player this summer.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Remember the Arsenal fans were up in arms they were linked to him last summer. Bet they would want him now. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, supermon said:

Summer window is going to be well crazy given this super League shit is actually happening, what on earth does it mean for our players like Grealish? 

It's going to be a crazy summer, who knows what the landscape will look like at the start of the next season?!

Looks very unlikely.

39 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He will be leaving in the Summer.

And it's either Leicester, West Ham or us I reckon.

I think the other two are more likely due to gaps in their squad. 

We won't be providing a spot for two £30m strikers I don't think.

Can't help feeling though that sort of idea will stop us really pushing on in future.

I mean Antonio always starts for West Ham when fit due to the chaos he causes and he usually hits double figures in a season and Bowen can fill in as CF when required and chips in with goals plus they have loads of second forwards like Fornals, Benrahma, Lingard etc.

Other than London based why should be they be more likely to sign him given what's in their squad already? Same for Leicester with Vardy and Kelechi banging them in.

There's no law saying you can't have two top class strikers in the squad and well you just work it out like Liverpool do with Salah and Mane (none of whom actually play centrally), Chelsea with Giroud and Werner, Spurs with Son and Kane etc.

It's not something to be afraid of, just rejig things like having one of them a bit wider with licence to drift in centrally or play 3-5-2 or 4-3-1-2 on occasions.

What happens if Ollie can't play every single minute of every single game next season? I mean half this forum has gone toxic against Traore in recent weeks, Wes is still getting up to speed and has been out for so long and Davis still isn't trusted by the manager (I'd start him tomorrow but expect he won't) so those are the current options and two of them cost 40m combined.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Can't help feeling though that sort of idea will stop us really pushing on in future.

I mean Antonio always starts for West Ham when fit due to the chaos he causes and he usually hits double figures in a season and Bowen can fill in as CF when required and chips in with goals plus they have loads of second forwards like Fornals, Benrahma, Lingard etc.

Other than London based why should be they be more likely to sign him given what's in their squad already? Same for Leicester with Vardy and Kelechi banging them in.

There's no law saying you can't have two top class strikers in the squad and well you just work it out like Liverpool do with Salah and Mane (none of whom actually play centrally), Chelsea with Giroud and Werner, Spurs with Son and Kane etc.

It's not something to be afraid of, just rejig things like having one of them a bit wider with licence to drift in centrally or play 3-5-2 or 4-3-1-2 on occasions.

What happens if Ollie can't play every single minute of every single game next season? I mean half this forum has gone toxic against Traore in recent weeks, Wes is still getting up to speed and has been out for so long and Davis still isn't trusted by the manager (I'd start him tomorrow but expect he won't) so those are the current options and two of them cost 40m combined.

I will absolutely not be complaining if we buy Tammy for £30m. Would love to have him and Ollie as our options.

I'll be a bit confused if we buy him and don't sufficiently fill gaps in the squad at LB, RW, DM, LW, CB. Hopefully we fill all the gaps well.

Don't have to worry about 3-5-2 or anything with two up top with Dean Smith in charge. I'll eat my hat if he starts any games with two up top. It's been two and a bit years and it hasn't been done for more than 30 mins chasing a game, it's just not something he likes.

Not against Tammy at all. I think the money is needed elsewhere first.

• Like 1

We actually started Davis and Samatta v Wolves and in one other game after lockdown I'm pretty sure and the Fulham game was example of how getting Davis into the mix with Ollie on the pitch can get us winning games (and there hasn't been too much of that in last two months).

It's all about being flexible really. I mean Leicester for agessssss were Vardy upfront with endless midfielders like Barnes and Maddison floating off him.

Both these get injured so he sticks Kelechi up with Vardy and he scores plenty so It's been a bit disappointing Dean just sticking to watch we do with Jack in there without him as the end result has been far inferior.

Right winger is the must in the summer and that should be followed with another good striker in the squad. I think with full backs and CB we can afford to perhaps use a loan or two on emerging players with view to signing them in summer 2022 if they do well as given how the backline have done it wouldn't make a huge amount of sense to splash 30-40m on essentially back ups in that area.

56 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Antonio has scored 10 goals once ever including all competitions since he joined West Ham, he is also 31.

They need a new starting striker.

Edited by paul514

On 19/04/2021 at 14:08, Sam-AVFC said:

Forgive me for not being willing to take your word as gospel just because you believe it so passionately.

The problem is "literally everyone" isn't against it. The owners of the clubs that have proposed it are for it, and they are the only ones that matter.

Do you think they give 2 shits that a few million people in the UK are going mad on Twitter if Chinese/Indian social media shows support for the idea?

I agree the main issue is the automatic qualifications, but that's kind of a key reason for them to create it in the first place.

Anyway, bit OT, so sorry for that...

Hi Sam, can't resist 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, vreitti said:

I hear he has a drug problem :detect:

I can't see that sort of unsubstantiated rumour getting in the way of any deal. I suspect that the only pushing being done, is by Tammy for a move from Chelsea.  ;) 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Definitely up there in my top 3 Yves along with Saint Laurent and Christmas