Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Not claiming to be any ITK.

I only ever stated what I knew.

Isn't that the same thing? Stating what you know is being ITK, is it not? 

I'm not criticising at all, I was with you, hoping, during the summer. No reason not to believe. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Isn't that the same thing? Stating what you know is being ITK, is it not? 

I'm not criticising at all, I was with you, hoping, during the summer. No reason not to believe. 

Yeah I guess so.

What I meant was that I was trying not to come across too much as some 'In the know' whopper, who had endless info all the time etc.

Just stating at the time the strong reliable info I was given about Rashica joining and also that Grealish was staying.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

Apparently Bordeaux have gone into administration. I wonder if they've got any players we could look at. Percy said recently that we will probably look to take advantage of the financial instability surrounding clubs in Ligue 1, like we did in January with Sanson.

8 minutes ago, useless said:

Apparently Bordeaux have gone into administration. I wonder if they've got any players we could look at. Percy said recently that we will probably look to take advantage of the financial instability surrounding clubs in Ligue 1, like we did in January with Sanson.

JOsh Maja has a decent enough record at Fulham since he arrived

Maja would make a degree of sense as a back up option to Watkins, or someone to bring off the bench if we need a goal. Ties in both with what Percy said about looking for Bargains from France, and what Smith said about looking for young English talent ~ with that in mind Stephy Mavididi is apparently doing well in Ligue 1.

• Like 1

There's the rub.

We've given out about the moves of the Wanky 6 this week being greed driven and immoral (which they were). 

But we'll be scoping the French and Spanish market for bargains owing to Covid and their lack of bloated TV deals. 

2 hours ago, paul514 said:

Anymore than 6 players and I think it is too diluted tbh

As I said I suggest most of our money is spent on 2 players.

And then go for some young players who shouldn't cost all that much for other positions. 

2 hours ago, useless said:

I didn't say that they are or aren't better players, just saying that Rashica has done more than all of them and at an higher level, that's just objectively true. I personally feel we should try and sign better than all of them, including Rashica, who I don't think we will be interested in anyway unless Grealish leaves because they play in the exact same position, and Rashica isn't coming here to sit on the bench.

Grealish should play CAM. That has been abundantly clear this season. Our best stretch of games came with him at CAM. And our worst stretch of games with him came when he was being man marked and doubled up on by rbs which can't happen when you are a midfielder otherwise it leaves a massive space in the middle of the park. 

There's no comparison with us looking for bargains at clubs that are struggling financially, and what those who had signed up the 'super league' have done, I don't think anyone has quite managed to put into words how dastardly the whole scheme was, for them to be conspiring behind closed doors to put themselves in a postion where they gain millions and others lose out on millions is surely bordering on criminal, the affects it could have had are farther reaching than at first might first be imagined, not only could it have had dire consequences even for clubs like ourselves, but for clubs further down the pyramid, affecting whole communities that those clubs serve.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

And then go for some young players who shouldn't cost all that much for other positions. 

Well someone still needs to tell us roughly how much we could spend for FFP this summer. I just assume it is the average of the last two seasons which is 120m ish

Wonder if these clubs that had signed to to the super League, I do wonder if Summer and beyond could have a negative effect for them and players refraining from signing in case they are lumbered in a break away league.

Do wonder if everyone else will benefit where as our sposedly big 6 struggle more to sign anyone.

3 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

You know I'd take one world class beater right now, but yeah two or three cominginwouldbe spot on. If it meant we could get one world class player into the club in the Summer then we know we are deffo able to get someone in who can at least help Grealish. I would buy two new wingers and have Grealish back as a cam myself, leaving just a CDM and another midfielder to buy. That four players tops with hopefully more than 140mill to spend from the Owners.

I've a feeling if fans get back in stadiums and it sticks before seasons out,then maybe just maybe the Owners will want to give fans something very special indeed. We could possibly see there greatest cash injection yet. They had already shown with there NBA team how willing they were to keep a player that cost them 248 million dollars, they will splash if they know there's a reasonable outcome.

Someone will buy into it all, there is always someone and once one does then we would be able to get more to follow suit. It all just means we may have to sweeten the deal more than they would of got at the likes of UTD or Liverpool.

6 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Grealish should play CAM. That has been abundantly clear this season. Our best stretch of games came with him at CAM. And our worst stretch of games with him came when he was being man marked and doubled up on by rbs which can't happen when you are a midfielder otherwise it leaves a massive space in the middle of the park. 

He started 5 games at ACM we won 2 (Brom & Palace) draw 2 (Burnley & Chelsea) and lost 1 Manure. Not our best stretch of results or our best performances.

The issue will be the same wherever we play him and it will be solved by bringing better players in so that out opponents cant focus on just Grealish. If we play him centrally then our opponents are going to close him down there instead. As long as Grealish is our only creative outlet the problem will remain the same.

3 hours ago, Dave-R said:

You know I'd take one world class beater right now, but yeah two or three cominginwouldbe spot on. If it meant we could get one world class player into the club in the Summer then we know we are deffo able to get someone in who can at least help Grealish. I would buy two new wingers and have Grealish back as a cam myself, leaving just a CDM and another midfielder to buy. That four players tops with hopefully more than 140mill to spend from the Owners.

I've a feeling if fans get back in stadiums and it sticks before seasons out,then maybe just maybe the Owners will want to give fans something very special indeed. We could possibly see there greatest cash injection yet. They had already shown with there NBA team how willing they were to keep a player that cost them 248 million dollars, they will splash if they know there's a reasonable outcome.

Someone will buy into it all, there is always someone and once one does then we would be able to get more to follow suit. It all just means we may have to sweeten the deal more than they would of got at the likes of UTD or Liverpool.

This is pretty much how Man City started thier revolution .. I think it might have been Barry in the first wave of players they offered big contracts to.. 

The following year it was milner... Then they progressed from there, gradually increasing quality each time. 

Its easier to attract better players when some have already come. But at the end of the day you need the money to offer them - there's no getting away from that. 

Edited by richp999
  • Like 1

If he gets over his hip injury before the end of the season I wonder if Clinton Mola from Stuttgart would be any good. I don't know much about him besides he is left footed, came through Chelsea's academy playing left back but his main position is defensive midfield. Only 20 years old he had some good stats in the Bundesliga 2 last season in the few games he played. However, I would guess he hasn't had a great time at Stuttgart since signing in January 2020 because presumably moving to a completely new country just before the start of a pandemic wasn't great. In August last year he got a hip stress injury and he hasn't played at all this season so it is really important that he shows some fitness and that the hip injury isn't chronic. What made me think he might be a possibility for Villa is that he could be left back cover plus a DM, he is young, I'd imagine relatively cheap (although Chelsea do have a sell on clause), has been well regarded, and fits the profile of being English now we are post Brexit. 

I have never seen him play - is he any good - anybody on here rate him? 

Other vague thoughts for the summer would be Yves Bissouma from Brighton as DM or possibly Billy Gilmour from Chelsea. 

Marcus Edwards as a left footed RW/CAM/LW option to challenge Traore, provide cover for Jack and replace El Ghazi in the squad. I would sell El Ghazi as I don't think he is going to get any better and he doesn't contribute enough.

Pedro Neto would be nice as he would provide that explosive pace we lack but I can't see why he would leave his Portuguese friends for what the league table shows is a sideways move.

Surely we'll be sniffing around the Eredivisie this summer as there's plenty of exciting, young players there who would improve us.

Koopmeiners/Sangare (DM), Stengs/Madueke/Neres (winger), Ihattaren (CAM), Malen/Boadu (striker), Wijndal (LB), Schuurs (CB) - quite a few players there in the positions we need to strengthen.

• Like 3