Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

If we can bring in Loftus-Cheek, and possibly Wilshere on a free, we could at least keep the medical team busy when our first teamers come back in the next few weeks.

Don't want them getting bored.

I'm sure Tuanzebe would join them at some point as well.

• Haha 2

I'm fairly sure we only have 21 or 22 players we need to register. To me it would be odd if we didn't utilise that extra room and bring in another player.

Emi/steer

Cash/guilbert/konsa/tuanzebe/mings/hause/targett/young

McGinn/Luiz/Sanson/Nakamba (don't need to register Ramsey or chuk)

Bailey/Buendia/El Ghazi/Traore/Trez

Watkins/Ings/Davis

22 With Davis and Trez who have serious injuries included and Trez who probably won't play until Jan. We should definitely bring in another to shore up our depth in midfield or out wide. 

Edited by MotoMkali

Deadline Day is usually panin signing day, better to sign nobody than the wrong person. For me a backup keeper will do but not sure who is available. Randolph might be an upgrade on Steer since he is 3rd choice at West Ham now

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Deadline Day is usually panin signing day, better to sign nobody than the wrong person. For me a backup keeper will do but not sure who is available. Randolph might be an upgrade on Steer since he is 3rd choice at West Ham now

He's too busy with Alexandra Burke these days.

It's a weird one though. He's not even in the Ireland squad these days.

Edited by sparrow1988

Why would we take a player on Loan in a position we don't need to strengthen short term like CB. Signing a Loftus Cheek on loan makes absolutely zero sense.

We won't be signing anyone because the right CDM player isn't available

• Like 1

I really don't want a loan unless there is some sort of obligation to buy or whatever these new fancy loans are nowadays.
We're either bringing through our youth, or not. I'd rather not improve a player for another team. I think we're past that now...?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, supermon said:

Lingard available after West Ham signed that player. Dunno if it's possible to get two loans off Utd but he'd certainly improve our left side of midfield, rotating with El Ghazi

Thankfully its not 🙂

14 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

My premise still stands that the "Transfer Net Spend" as Sky like to present it to an average punter is a meaningless figure to football clubs.

Clubs don't look at, or use this figure in their plans and calculations. We shouldn't be using it either if we want to accurately describe our situation.

What clubs are interested in is:

1. Total cost of ownership of the player (wages plus amortisation)

2. Actual cash flow behind the transfers (which can be very different to the Sky touted "net spend")

It's too simplistic to quote the "net spend" like the original poster did and complain that we have negative value.

I think there's a slight area where there's a tad more to it.

Yes, wages (including any sign on fee and pension and NI contributions), but rather than "amortisation" I'd put it as "transfer fee paid, timing of payments, agents fees, VAT and transfer levy - the amount and timing of outgoings to third parties, basically. Timing matters, not just for pure accounting purposes, but because for many clubs large chunks of income (mainly from TV, season ticket sales and sponsorship) are provided at specific times of the year, and this helps with payments out - the actual cashflow together with the date(s).   If the club doesn't have owners with lots of available cash, then they'd need to take out short term loans, which adds more cost.