Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

11 minutes ago, Muzzvill 1965 said:

Hojiberg a class act wasted at spuds 

56 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Holjberg. 

The question, ladies and gentlemen, is who will actually spell his name correctly first??

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate even if I knew nothing about football, I can't believe you lot would think, I don't know our players nationalities ...🤣

I'll get my coat, as the attempt was obviously a total flop haha.

Gutted.

Nah I knew you were messing mate. I just also knew you’d get corrected ! 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

It's all been said of course, but I'm at my lowest ebb with Villa since *that* disgraceful season. We were on the very cusp of excellence with absolutely everything in place including the manager and captain as Villa fans! What glory it could have been. Now? JWP, Todd Cantwell, some midfielder they've barely heard of in the league he plies his trade.... who cares anymore.

Jesus wept

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Yep, I don't want JWP. I would like a good free kick taker but not at the expense of getting just a 'good' player. I don't think JWP would add anything to Villa other than set pieces. 

Bailey and Young say hi

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I also think we will look up upgrade Mings at some point. He's a great stopper, but the next step would be someone comfortable on the ball, the ability to bring it out with confidence and with a better passing range.

McGinn is already at risk from Sanson, but in all likelihood they’ll need to rotate anyway. I think high energy and high tempo will be part of our new style this season. Quality subs are key to avoid a drop in standards. 

On Mings, I think his decision making and temperament on the pitch have advanced a great deal over the last 12 months. Hopefully he progresses even further now and I wouldn’t dream of changing him unless something went seriously wrong this season. 

That said, I could see Axel as Ming’s long term replacement next to Ezri if things go well. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate even if I knew nothing about football, I can't believe you lot would think, I don't know our players nationalities ...🤣

I'll get my coat, as the attempt was obviously a total flop haha.

Gutted.

I was thinking you were still high from celebrating the Bailey transfer ;)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I can't see El Ghazi starting even with Bailey and Buendia out. If someone offers £17m for El Ghazi, which they won't, he'd be gone in an instant. 

Doubling our money on a player who isn't good enough to make our starting XI and where we want to be is a no brainer. 

He was our second top scorer last season surely he deserves a bit of credit, does way better in the prem than championship however i do understand that he isnt the most consistent but definitely a great player to have as a back up option as for Trez he should certainly not be involved any further.

Ive also come to the conclusion that we may just sign a new DM and that will be it and stop fantasising over a super AM Player and accept that we may have enough quality without Grealish, i think J.Ramsey isn't good enough to be starting, Sanson many question marks but Carney certainly should be soon but not yet, so Sanson and Carney should be coming on in games, and if we dont get a DM then Marv will be stepping in for Luiz. Traore, Bidace and El Ghazi are our sub options for the flanks, is everyone happy with that or do we really need more , i think Buendia is best suited as a AMC, so in which case who do we play at LW ? 

Edited by RicRic
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

Yep, I don't want JWP. I would like a good free kick taker but not at the expense of getting just a 'good' player. I don't think JWP would add anything to Villa other than set pieces. 

I feel the same way hes not going to advance us to a different level, he doesn’t have that fizz which will carry us to dizzy heights, we now have bailey and young who are better than any free kick taker we have had other than Hourihane who is the best we have had at VP maybe since Youngs first stint 

• Like 1