Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

To be honest, I haven't seen enough from his 15/20 min appearances to form an opinion on him.

Is he an attacking or holding midfielder; central or wide-ish ?

I'd say he's a good old box to box midfielder. 

• Thanks 1

Think we need him to start against Leeds. He seems to have a good engine and gets up and down the pitch. We've played them enough under Bielsa to know now that you can't have any passengers in your team against them. If we don't have energy and a bit of bite in midfield in particular, they'll swarm us. 

Morgan Sanson says he is ready to contribute for Aston Villa as and when he gets the opportunity.

A January signing from Marseille, the 26-year-old has come off the bench in three of the past four Premier League games.

With the team well placed in the top half of the table, Sanson is happy to bide his time but believes he can be relied on when he’s selected to make his first start for the club.

He said: “I’m ready. I was very happy with my entrance. I played five, 10 and 15 minutes but I gave everything to the team.

“I hope I will start as quick as possible. I can give my personality. I like to play, I like to score goals, I like to make assists, so I can bring something to the team.

“I played in a very big club in France at Marseille and I can bring something here.”

Sanson was a regular for Marseille in the first half of the campaign, featuring in all six of their Champions League group stage matches.

And despite making the move to England just over a month ago, the midfielder is already feeling settled in his new surroundings.

“I have watched the Premier League since I was a child, so it’s a dream come true. I’m happy to be part of this club,” he said.

“I want to play and improve myself here. I’m very happy. I’m trying to learn English quickly and be comfortable with my team-mates.

“I’m getting better and better every day. There are no fans in the stadium, and I want to meet them as soon as possible.”

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2021/february/Sanson-I-m-ready-if-called-upon/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think he starts today. McGinn, Luiz, Sanson as a 3, Barkley and Traore behind Watkins sort of as a narrow 4-3-2-1. As much as Barkley and McGinn are off form it's pointless play El Ghazi and Trez, they just aren't good enough to have an impact on the game.

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Nice cameo - really like the look of him. 

Me too. Looks tenacious and comfortable on the ball. 

Â