Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

And the exact same thing could have happened to Douglas Luiz. It's a miracle we got him to sign a new contract while Gerrard was still here. 

All while Mcginn was playing dreadful and a midfield that was getting walked through

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

And the exact same thing could have happened to Douglas Luiz. It's a miracle we got him to sign a new contract while Gerrard was still here. 

The treatment of Luiz was ridiculous from Slippy. I was amazed he didn't go on strike when Arsenal came in for him, loads of players would've done so credit to him and that's why if he wants to move on in the near future I'm o.k with it as he's probably given us a couple more seasons than we would expect given he was bench warming for long spells not so long ago.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

The treatment of Luiz was ridiculous from Slippy. I was amazed he didn't go on strike when Arsenal came in for him, loads of players would've done so credit to him and that's why if he wants to move on in the near future I'm o.k with it as he's probably given us a couple more seasons than we would expect given he was bench warming for long spells not so long ago.

End of the day he was a footballing criminal, he made Alex McLeish look like Arsene Wenger

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

There was a thing at Arsenal when Sanson was seen throwing a water bottle in anger at not coming on when we were 3-0 down. Just checked Soccerbase and he was absent from DS final two matches, 4-1 loss v West Ham and 1-0 v Southampton. Perhaps he picked up another injury but I'm sure it was debated a fair bit here (not going to go through 300 pages just now) he'd been left out for disciplinary reasons.

We lost DS final five games with some really poor midfield performances so that would've been a good time to give him a run but I think DS was a little too loyal to someone like McGinn in his final few months (given SJM generally in 2021 was nowhere near the standard he is at currently) and Ramsey was being played more as a central midfield when he broke through so perhaps the space just wasn't there.

2-0 up v Wolves aswell, DS put Nakamba on after 67 minutes and Sanson remained an unusued sub so pretty clear in that period that Nakamba was ahead in the pecking order.

He was just coming back from a lengthy injury so at least it was understandable. By the time Gerrard came in he'd been fit for a while so there really was no excuse anymore. He was at the very least a body in a position where we sorely needed them. When Nakamba got injured, that was supposed to be his chance, but he was nowhere to be seen.

It’s funny how so many fans jump on players backs without knowing all the facts, then down the track they hear all that occurred and they have sympathy for the player. 

The narrative on here was three managers had a look at him and didn’t rate him, when it wasn’t actually the case.

2 hours ago, QldVilla said:

It’s funny how so many fans jump on players backs without knowing all the facts, then down the track they hear all that occurred and they have sympathy for the player. 

The narrative on here was three managers had a look at him and didn’t rate him, when it wasn’t actually the case.

Not from me! Although I was definitely a voice in the minority. Gerrard was always a charlatan, and Smith never got the chance to play him.  By the time Emery came in, our ships were too far apart for him to come on board. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Not from me! Although I was definitely a voice in the minority. Gerrard was always a charlatan, and Smith never got the chance to play him.  By the time Emery came in, our ships were too far apart for him to come on board. 

Tbf it was always kinda split on here.

19 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Gerrard was a fraud but I can kind of understand this one. If a player has said they are open to leaving if the club accepts a bid in the summer should you be starting them over players that are going to be playing all season and are the future of the club?

As soon as the window closed and he signed a new deal he started every game. 

As for Sanson, I’m pretty sure he fell out with Smith as well as Gerrard. It’s a shame he didn’t want to stick around under Emery.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â