Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

In my very short time to see him, he is not a quintessential ball winner.....but is not afraid to get his shorts dirty either...not a 6 more of an 8, but not really a 10 either.

I think he has gained his combative tag, for getting stuck in...his industry will be a welcome addition.

Trez is like that too, forages and rats and creates an irritation to the opposition, it has been missing IMV....if we keep winning the ball, we secure the inititative in the game, do that and the goals start coming, it lights the fire in everyone.

Edited by TRO

15 hours ago, TRO said:

In my very short time to see him, he is not a quintessential ball winner.....but is not afraid to get his shorts dirty either...not a 6 more of an 8, but not really a 10 either.

I think he has gained his combative tag, for getting stuck in...his industry will be a welcome addition.

Trez is like that too, forages and rats and creates an irritation to the opposition, it has been missing IMV....if we keep winning the ball, we secure the inititative in the game, do that and the goals start coming, it lights the fire in everyone.

It feels like he could add some quality at 6,8 or 10 but maybe not the starter in those positions. I've seen no where near enough to be sure.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

It feels like he could add some quality at 6,8 or 10 but maybe not the starter in those positions. I've seen no where near enough to be sure.

me too....just having a stab at it.

Edited by TRO

18 hours ago, TRO said:

3 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

If you look at the analysis of all his performances at Marseille, he is as follows:

• Not a primary 6. (at all, seriously, not a primary 6)
  • Can play as the second 6 as part of a two man DM (the more roaming of the 2 x DMs)
  • Can play 8.
  • Can play 10. (combative no 10)
  • His best performances on paper are as a 10 (marginally), but his best position seems to be labelled as an 8 or second 6 by pundits.

Basically, hes capable in a few roles as long as he's used correctly, which will be really nice, he seems to have some ability on the ball, and although not a "bruiser", he is noted to work hard, press and cover ground.

In fact, if you read his OM thread, there are a few complaints that he runs, presses and chases too much! :P (ye, i read the entire thread)

Edited by MaVilla
  • Thanks 1

Forming an opinion on what type of player he is or is not after watching 24 minutes of PL is like listening to the first 24 seconds of Song 2 and thinking BLUR is a metal band :D 

@MaVilla is spot on with his take from what I've seen of him at Montpellier and Marseille

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

If you look at the analysis of all his performances at Marseille, he is as follows:

• Not a primary 6. (at all, seriously, not a primary 6)
  • Can play as the second 6 as part of a two man DM (the more roaming of the 2 x DMs)
  • Can play 8.
  • Can play 10. (combative no 10)
  • His best performances on paper are as a 10 (marginally), but his best position seems to be labelled as an 8 or second 6 by pundits.

Basically, hes capable in a few roles as long as he's used correctly, which will be really nice, he seems to have some ability on the ball, and although not a "bruiser", he is noted to work hard, press and cover ground.

In fact, if you read his OM thread, there are a few complaints that he runs, presses and chases too much! :P (ye, i read the entire thread)

He can also play as a rm or LM. For montpellier he played there very often. So if we decide we need some more graft outwide we could play him there without sacrificing the quality in the ball like we have to with trez. 

Just now, VillaChris said:

Is it too much to ask for him to start at Leeds as imo we're more likely to get a result with him in from the start.

He's been here training with us for weeks. If he doesn't start ahead of Barkley next week something is seriously wrong, and I'm really hoping it's not the contractual rumour we keep hearing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

He's been here training with us for weeks. If he doesn't start ahead of Barkley next week something is seriously wrong, and I'm really hoping it's not the contractual rumour we keep hearing.

Yeah it can't be a fitness thing as he was starting every week for Marseille, what's the rumour?

I was hoping Sanson would start today (and that Barkley and McGinn would be dropped) and was then disappointed again that he was sent on with only nine mins of normal time left. I wonder if Dean Smith hasn't been impressed with his effort and performance overall in training. Otherwise I don't see why Barkley and McGinn have stayed ahead in the pecking order every week.

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Barkley's alleged must-play-if-fit clause I assume?

Oh right, I thought it was something to do with having to pay Marseille extra if we started Sanson for set number of games this season.

I would be disappointed if there's anything like that in Barkley's deal given the loan fee we paid Chelsea and we're paying decent amount of his wages so Chelsea been well compensated for him already and I doubt they have plans for him long term so we should have flexibility to choose if he hits a run of bad games like he is now.

I know it is superficial gibberish but Sanson looks like he wants to be here and play his part every bit as much as Barkley doesn't. Much rather start Sanson than Barkley but, in truth, would put Ramsey ahead of both for now !

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Oh right, I thought it was something to do with having to pay Marseille extra if we started Sanson for set number of games this season.

I would be disappointed if there's anything like that in Barkley's deal given the loan fee we paid Chelsea and we're paying decent amount of his wages so Chelsea been well compensated for him already and I doubt they have plans for him long term so we should have flexibility to choose if he hits a run of bad games like he is now.

Yes, agreed, it would be very poor business if we allow such a clause to be inserted. As far as I know, it's nothing more than speculation.

I'm very ready to be shown it doesn't exist by him being dropped for the next match.

• Like 2

Â