Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Repeating myself from the post match thread but in hindsight maybe should have used this money in January to bring in a forward? Hourihane is more than good enough as back up this season. We only bought him because all french clubs are skint because of the tv deal collapse, he wasn't bought to actually improve the squad this season.

He was signed now rather than in the summer as the club were open to doing the deal now. Villa thought it would be good to get him here for 6 months to settle ready for next season.

Clearly needs to get up to speed with our game but the fact he's here now helps us for next season. We aren't going to sign another striker for 20m when we have Wesley who is almost back, can't have 3 strikers that cost 20-30m.

Part of me wonders if we decided to take the option on him now as City have told us they are going to buy Luiz back in the summer. The fact he's coming on instead of him at the moment is surprising.

36 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

We can forget about giving him a start for a while.

Needs a bit more time to settle in imo.

He’s had  3 subs appearances for a total of about half an hour. That should be more than enough. I can’t believe he didn’t score a couple tonight at least.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

i think that's the problem though. Many have said this was a summer transfer brought forward because of the TV deal. 

Also imo it's hard to say bring in another forward because Watkins has played every minute for us I believe and not sure where that forward would've gotten minutes. (I do want one in the summer though) 

Well tonight for starters!  2 up top and if that got us a win and into Europe, would have paid the transfer fee. Speculate to accumulate. Well that is what I tell my bank manager.

I think he was wondering why we were no longer interested in playing football.

Why was no one in their position?

Why was everyone just lashing it into the box?

Why was everyone giving it to McGinn and Targett for them to then pass it to the keeper?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

He was signed now rather than in the summer as the club were open to doing the deal now. Villa thought it would be good to get him here for 6 months to settle ready for next season.

Clearly needs to get up to speed with our game but the fact he's here now helps us for next season. We aren't going to sign another striker for 20m when we have Wesley who is almost back, can't have 3 strikers that cost 20-30m.

Part of me wonders if we decided to take the option on him now as City have told us they are going to buy Luiz back in the summer. The fact he's coming on instead of him at the moment is surprising.

I don't think it has anything to do with Luiz. Sanson and Luiz has never come on for each other, they straight up don't play the same roles in our midfield.

He'll be competing with Ramsey in that midfield especially if we don't purchase Barkley and time will tell if he wins that battle. But I could easily see a scenario where he continues to play only in a bit part manner, not being able to get in for Mcginn, Ramsey or any other midfielder we choose to purchase.

20 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Repeating myself from the post match thread but in hindsight maybe should have used this money in January to bring in a forward? Hourihane is more than good enough as back up this season. We only bought him because all french clubs are skint because of the tv deal collapse, he wasn't bought to actually improve the squad this season.

No, he's not. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Bad performance from him tonight. Veey slow eith the ball and was carelessly losing it alot

Think he lost it once maybe. 

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Watch it again. He lostvthe ball 3 or 4 times.  Some misplaced passes. 

But he got hardly support his team mates either

15 passes, 93.3% pass accuracy, one bad touch - according to whoscored. So that's like twice?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Legit saw someone say he was shite on the match thread , within about 5 mins of him coming on. Lol

Shower of idiots mate. 

On 03/03/2021 at 22:05, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Legit saw someone say he was shite on the match thread , within about 5 mins of him coming on. Lol

The match thread seems to be people waiting to moan. Wouldn't surprise me if someone moaned they kicked off wrong.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

The match thread seems to be people waiting to moan. Wouldn't surprise me if someone moaned they kicked off wrong.

To be fair... I hate the fact that our first kick off move is usually booting it out. Lol

Â