Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Top of Ligue 1

Nice to see move is going really well for him. Nice have money when you look at some of the players who they've got in and he's obviously proved himself in the domestic league at Marseille so you'd like to think with just 12 months left on his deal next summer a permanent can be agreed (could happen in January I guess).

Just one of those signings here that never got a proper chance for many reasons. I do think a manager like Emery in charge when he signed and they'd have been a structured pathway to the first team.

I remain convinced he could have been a very capable PL midfielder. You only have to look at the ability being displayed by McGinn and  Luiz to see what proper coaching and proper formations bring to a player that has shown some promise. He looked fairly tidy, but not quite up to speed with the PL in his brief cameos. 

He missed the boat unfortunately, and we'll never know if he could have stepped up, but glad to we him doing well in France. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I remain convinced he could have been a very capable PL midfielder. You only have to look at the ability being displayed by McGinn and  Luiz to see what proper coaching and proper formations bring to a player that has shown some promise. He looked fairly tidy, but not quite up to speed with the PL in his brief cameos. 

He missed the boat unfortunately, and we'll never know if he could have stepped up, but glad to we him doing well in France

Hopefully they will pay the 5 million Euro and take up his buy option given that. 🤞

I just don’t get the Sanson saga, he looks a decent player to me, theoretically perfect for the PL, and in response the the point made on the previous page, better than Dendonker (but different types). There must be some other issue, either prickly/disruptive personality or maybe struggles with taking on field instructions/discipline?

18 hours ago, thunderball said:

I just don’t get the Sanson saga, he looks a decent player to me, theoretically perfect for the PL, and in response the the point made on the previous page, better than Dendonker (but different types). There must be some other issue, either prickly/disruptive personality or maybe struggles with taking on field instructions/discipline?

I just don't think he settled too well in the UK.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MrBlack said:

He missed the boat unfortunately, and we'll never know if he could have stepped up, but glad to we him doing well in France. 

I totally agree - it looked for a fleeting moment that his luck was about to change and then next minute, he was gone.

Given an extended run of games, I think he might have nailed a shirt, sadly this ship has sailed. 

• Like 1

Just now, Captain_Townsend said:

Surprised nobody picked up on Greg Evans article this week in which he says Villa were so convinced Man City would take up the buy back option on Luiz they got Sanson in as a ready made replacement.  Then he was sort of surplus once Man City declined to buy Luiz back.

Pretty sure he has little to no inside information at the club. Or at least people who know more than me seem to indicate that strongly on here.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, villa89 said:

Pretty sure he has little to no inside information at the club. Or at least people who know more than me seem to indicate that strongly on here.

With due respect - is this really so far wide of being plausible ? I can’t remember the timeline of events so I could be totally wide of the mark - it just kinda seems possible ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Nah mate, much easier to just kick a trained, established journalist isn't it rather than consider that there might be something in what he said!

He's an embarrassment.

Evans is dour as anything but the Luiz thing actually makes sense even though he ain't a 6,though maybe we were thinking single pivot.

What doesn't make sense is why he was completely ostracised under Gerrard and why Luiz and even Sanson weren't playing over Ramsay and a woeful McGInn.

Injuries didn't help but we really **** him here. 

I think 3m - 5m sounds about right. He's not got a huge contract to sit on and bully us with. It's over.

Â