Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

on loan to Nice????

another fupping pointless loan to wind down his contract and value further, unless there is a commitment to buy at the end....

The problem though is there has to be a buyer for him to be sold and I’m guessing both the player and Villa prefer that.  It seems that’s not the case that a club is willing to buy him even for a small fee so loan is the next best option.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

The problem though is there has to be a buyer for him to be sold and I’m guessing both the player and Villa prefer that.  It seems that’s not the case that a club is willing to buy him even for a small fee so loan is the next best option.

But that makes zero sense, I can understand it with Traore who didn't really do much of note in a lets face it not very good Turkish league.

But Sanson by all accounts did very well at Strasborg in the French league 1 - and Nice are no slouches yet.... another loan where you know we won't even see his full wages covered

Just now, VillanousOne said:

But that makes zero sense, I can understand it with Traore who didn't really do much of note in a lets face it not very good Turkish league.

But Sanson by all accounts did very well at Strasborg in the French league 1 - and Nice are no slouches yet.... another loan where you know we won't even see his full wages covered

But they can't afford his full wages. This is the problem when we buy someone from these leagues and it doesn't work out. He would have had a mssive salary jump that he can't just say goodbye to straight awa.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Why cant someone just bloody buy him. No more loans ffs

Might work financially to do it that way. I think if we do take a Loan with option to Buy it's probably a high loan fee and low buy option. Also he's probably on bigger salary here than he would get if he moved. 

Essentially he's most likely gone for good if he does well there.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Rodders said:

But they can't afford his full wages. This is the problem when we buy someone from these leagues and it doesn't work out. He would have had a massive salary jump that he can't just say goodbye to straight awa.

yep agreed

we have to go all in and offer stupid wages to get players we want, and if it doesn't work out there is nothing you can do. Hopefully we will get better at this thing they call transfers.

we are not the only ones though

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Also we need to sell him for over £7m to make a profit. He has PL wages for 2 years. I think for a club to buy him now for over £7m and pay him close to PL wages isn't going to happen. He's on ~£3m a year salary. 

So I think the right way is something like Loan fee of £4m (so we lose £2.5m on him this year in amortisation and wages). Then an option to buy for £6m at the end (we then book a 2.5m profit at end of season and save £3m wages the following season). 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Also we need to sell him for over £7m to make a profit. He has PL wages for 2 years. I think for a club to buy him now for over £7m and pay him close to PL wages isn't going to happen. He's on ~£3m a year salary. 

So I think the right way is something like Loan fee of £4m (so we lose £2.5m on him this year in amortisation and wages). Then an option to buy for £6m at the end (we then book a 2.5m profit at end of season and save £3m wages the following season). 

I’d be very surprised if the loan fee and transfer fee are anywhere near that 

42 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Probably they’ll just cover his wages and that’s it. Which is still a small win for us, £3m saved rather than him rotting in our third team. 

1 hour ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I didn't realise he was 28. Time to move on, Morgan.

Adds to our less than stellar reputation as a home for French players: barring Kamara, Digne and Diaby, we've had:

Didier Six

David Ginola

Mathieu Berson

Robert Pires

Didier Agathe

Charles N'Zogbia

Ali Cissokho

Jordan Veretout

Jordan Amavi

Fred Guilbert

Idrissa Gueye

Like Sanson, they were all good footballers, but it seems like we get the timing wrong with French players. 

At least Kamara makes up for it.

Senegal 🇸🇳 

• Like 1

Â