Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

Gerrard tried to destroy this man's career and I stand by that. Plenty of games he should have been given a chance or came off the bench.

Gerrard actively went out of his way at times not to give him even junk minutes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

But then a new manager comes in… the one he wanted, Unai Emery… and instead of going for it to make up lost time, he tells the manager that him and Villa are over because something is wrong at the club. Hmmm.

I mean you can’t really fault the guy if it got so bad he felt he needed a change of scenery.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ender4 said:

But then a new manager comes in… the one he wanted, Unai Emery… and instead of going for it to make up lost time, he tells the manager that him and Villa are over because something is wrong at the club. Hmmm.

How long had he been here? 2 years, 2 and a half?

He needed to play football. The Villa journey was over. That's not sulking or giving up. He could not afford not to play every week.

• Like 1

I’m not defending Gerrard by any means but sanson’s first year with the club coincided with smith and he did barely anything in that time. And as others have pointed out, he could have stayed with Emery but decided not to.

Theres plenty of other players who have more of a right to complain about Gerrard- mings, Luiz, Buendia to name a couple 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I hate these aggregator pages. What Morgan actually said before that was that he was injured for 9 of the first 12 months when we signed him. He had Covid twice. Had other injuries. Nothing was working for him. Things went very wrong with Gerrard. He had enough by the time Unai arrived. So, he wanted to leave. Can anyone really blame him? I hate how these Twitter types take these quotes out of context to make it look like he had a bad attitude. After so many bad things, I would want to leave also. 

Yes. The Gerrard appointment made most of our assets appear worthless, imagine the money we'd have recovered for Bailey if Stevie had stayed... The only player that hasn't improved markedly since his departure is Cash.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dale said:

Yes. The Gerrard appointment made most of our assets appear worthless, imagine the money we'd have recovered for Bailey if Stevie had stayed... The only player that hasn't improved markedly since his departure is Cash.

The more I reflect and look back, it’s very clear that if you weren’t a favourite of his, Gerrard utterly ruined your confidence. This is especially true as McGinn recently told Amazon Sport that when Unai arrived, there was a huge cloud of negativity at the club. Little confidence. Unai had worked wonders to restore that. But, like Morgan and others, after all that, no matter how elite Unai is, you want to get away. Totally reasonable in my books. Nothing from those quotes he gave tells me he’s got a bad attitude. That's on Gerrard. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I hate these aggregator pages. What Morgan actually said before that was that he was injured for 9 of the first 12 months when we signed him. He had Covid twice. Had other injuries. Nothing was working for him. Things went very wrong with Gerrard. He had enough by the time Unai arrived. So, he wanted to leave. Can anyone really blame him? I hate how these Twitter types take these quotes out of context to make it look like he had a bad attitude. After so many bad things, I would want to leave also. 

In fairness those quotes didn't make me think he had a bad attitude...just made me think Gerrard was even more of a clown 😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

In fairness those quotes didn't make me think he had a bad attitude...just made me think Gerrard was even more of a clown 😂

Haha! Wasn’t aimed at you personally 😜 

Can agree on Gerrard though 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, grantholtgolazo said:

he may or may not have had the ability to play in the league, he certainly doesn't have the mentality. 

The ability is not in question imo - you may well be right about attitude 👍🏻

Â