Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

• 3 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If we are trying to be serious, Dendonker would be the one to recall for Kamara, not Sanson.

Who’s the better looking out of the two? 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I remember people making excuses for Gerrard like "well Smith didn't play him either, he must be crap", meanwhile he was injured for 95% of his time with Smith.

This quote was circling like a month or two ago

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I remember people making excuses for Gerrard like "well Smith didn't play him either, he must be crap", meanwhile he was injured for 95% of his time with Smith.

Has a manager ever been so universally disliked by players and fans alike as Gerrard? Even our worst managers have had redeemable qualities but Gerrard just seems to be an utterly unpleasant arrogant idiot. We've had managers in the past who were well out of their depth at Villa Park but still were still likeable to some degree even though everyone wanted them replaced (I'm thinking Lambert/McLeish/DiMatteo/Bruce). It's one thing to be aloof and ignorant toward the players if you can actually achieve results. Capello was that type of manager - Gerrard definitely not. Sherwood was way out of his depth and his ego was off the charts but he seemed to have a good relationship with most of his players and I don't remember him throwing them under the bus like Gerrard. Not one of our players has had a good word to say about Stevie G.

5 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Has a manager ever been so universally disliked by players and fans alike as Gerrard?

Beale. Sunderland. 
See any connection? :ph34r:

Edited by choffer
Typo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, choffer said:

Beal. Sunderland. 
See any connection? :ph34r:

Lol - I remember him doing the media rounds after SG was sacked saying how badly the players had let him down and that the squad lacked any real quality.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, El-Reacho said:

Has a manager ever been so universally disliked by players and fans alike as Gerrard? Even our worst managers have had redeemable qualities but Gerrard just seems to be an utterly unpleasant arrogant idiot. We've had managers in the past who were well out of their depth at Villa Park but still were still likeable to some degree even though everyone wanted them replaced (I'm thinking Lambert/McLeish/DiMatteo/Bruce). It's one thing to be aloof and ignorant toward the players if you can actually achieve results. Capello was that type of manager - Gerrard definitely not. Sherwood was way out of his depth and his ego was off the charts but he seemed to have a good relationship with most of his players and I don't remember him throwing them under the bus like Gerrard. Not one of our players has had a good word to say about Stevie G.

Probably Lambert? When guys like Darren Bent say you're his worst manager (and he's had the likes of Bruce, Pardew etc), I can't imagine too many other people at the club liked him very much.

But yeah, Gerrard's unlikeability is made more perplexing by the fact that he is very bad at his job. I imagine he struts around the place like he's Jose, with nothing to back it up. Was probably for the better for Morgan, he wouldn't have wanted to get back up to speed in the PL covering Lucas Digne for 90 minutes every game.

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

DS didn't rate him either but Gerrard just gave up on him after the Man. United error which was disappointing.

Based on zero evidence or quotes from Dean. As was stated earlier by @Keyblade Sanson was being played by Deano after he joined, then got injured and was just coming back fit when Dean was sacked.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Based on zero evidence or quotes from Dean. As was stated earlier by @Keyblade Sanson was being played by Deano after he joined, then got injured and was just coming back fit when Dean was sacked.

All while adjusting to a new league/country.

Gerrard destroyed a man's career and tanked about a £8m valuation off a player just to prove some garbage point or show he was the man.

Sanson could have got minutes. Could have tried to get him up to speed around that time off the bench. He'd go months without a fair crack.

word removed of a man. I hope they meet one day in a masters game and he snaps Gerrard in two. Horrific human being.

23 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Gerrard destroyed a man's career and tanked about a £8m valuation off a player just to prove some garbage point or show he was the man.

Sanson could have got minutes. Could have tried to get him up to speed around that time off the bench. He'd go months without a fair crack.

word removed of a man. I hope they meet one day in a masters game and he snaps Gerrard in two. Horrific human being.

And the exact same thing could have happened to Douglas Luiz. It's a miracle we got him to sign a new contract while Gerrard was still here. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

So would you say that the sacking of Dean and the appointment of SG was  big factor in Morgan leaving? Or does it go further than that? If so are the club ultimately to blame? 

4 hours ago, CVByrne said:

There was a thing at Arsenal when Sanson was seen throwing a water bottle in anger at not coming on when we were 3-0 down. Just checked Soccerbase and he was absent from DS final two matches, 4-1 loss v West Ham and 1-0 v Southampton. Perhaps he picked up another injury but I'm sure it was debated a fair bit here (not going to go through 300 pages just now) he'd been left out for disciplinary reasons.

We lost DS final five games with some really poor midfield performances so that would've been a good time to give him a run but I think DS was a little too loyal to someone like McGinn in his final few months (given SJM generally in 2021 was nowhere near the standard he is at currently) and Ramsey was being played more as a central midfield when he broke through so perhaps the space just wasn't there.

2-0 up v Wolves aswell, DS put Nakamba on after 67 minutes and Sanson remained an unusued sub so pretty clear in that period that Nakamba was ahead in the pecking order.

• Like 1

Â