Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

46 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Only makes sense if we are getting a healthy loan fee and they are covering all his wages.

It looks like a few teams were interested in him, so hopefully that means we were able to negotiate decent loan terms. 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Only makes sense if we are getting a healthy loan fee and they are covering all his wages.

Nah, makes sense even if they just pay his wages.  That’s almost £3m a year for someone who won’t ever play for us again. 

• Like 2

We would have got a loan fee from the French club last year and will be getting one from Nice this time, as well as both clubs covering most/all of his wages so I think the club have done OK from a FFP point of view, especially if there are  no teams that want to buy him outright.

• Like 1

In last 12 months Nice signed all of Pepe, Ross Barkley, Aaron Ramsey and Kasper Schmeichel so with Sir Jim Ratcliffe behind their funds there's no way we should be paying a significant part of his salary.

It's a good move for him, surely there will be obligation to buy at some point aswell (perhaps January). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

In last 12 months Nice signed all of Pepe, Ross Barkley, Aaron Ramsey and Kasper Schmeichel so with Sir Jim Ratcliffe behind their funds there's no way we should be paying a significant part of his salary.

It's a good move for him, surely there will be obligation to buy at some point aswell (perhaps January). 

Reported as optional buy clause

• Like 1

I can't wait for the day we can actually sell players instead of loaning them out until their contracts end. 

He's more than good enough for a lower positioned/newly promoted PL side, and they're more than capable of affording his fee and wages. 

Edited by villarule123
  • Like 1

Good luck to him,I think was always inevitable that he would be leaving, despite being involved in Walsall game and initially going to US tour.

Edited by useless

1 minute ago, villan-scott said:

Just 23 appearances since signing in January 2021. Mental. 

Kinda surprised it's that many!

Hopefully he can have a successful loan at Nice and secure a permanent transfer. 

4 hours ago, villarule123 said:

I can't wait for the day we can actually sell players instead of loaning them out until their contracts end. 

He's more than good enough for a lower positioned/newly promoted PL side, and they're more than capable of affording his fee and wages. 

Be careful what you wish for.  We've done very well (so far) in terms of not having to sell our best players - i.e. those that other clubs will be most willing to spend money on and those most likely to earn us a good profit.  I'm quite happy if the only players leaving the club are those that are unlikely to play any part in our match day squad going forwards.  Means that we are keeping our bext players and that we are progressing well as a club so that our best players don't feel that they need to leave in order to achieve their footballing ambitions.  I'd be much more worried if we had to keep selling our best players - because eventually you'll get the replacements wrong and be in a whole heap of trouble. 

Â