Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

10 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Yeah I totally agree. One major injury and its career over in most cases, hope it’s not like that for Mings, Kamara and Buendia. Look at poor bloody Jores Okoro’s career

Yes, really keeping my fingers crossed for Kamara, Buendia and Mings. Jores Okore I really loved, I thought his performace against Chelsea was so promising, really liked him and such a pity that the injury ruined his career, so young as well.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Zidane would have handled it just fine.

Sorry minced my words wouldn’t have been nowhere near as effective. His vision and awareness was something I’ve never seen before in a player and most probably will never again but he got to showcase that talent more so in La Liga. 
we can agree to disagree. Lol

• Like 1

He was brought to replace Luiz who wasn't sold and never got look in ,fell out with Gerrard and wanted to leave before Emery came In.

1 hour ago, I Make Pies said:

I don't think I have disagreed with as many people on this forum as I do about Sanson. He has been a terrible signing, completely unsuited to the Premier League, and it's a relief to get him off the books. He is good at dribbling through midfield but has shown no end product with us. His passing wasn't great either and he got muscled off the ball too easily. Maybe he's one of these players who shines when he has more time on the ball like in France, but you don't get that luxury in this country. Not surprised he wan't picked by three managers.

Pretty much in line with my view and posts. Looking and stats and using these online scouting tools I understand why he caught the eye, looked agressive and good in Ligue 1 and even in Europe, and every player from other leagues are more or less a gamble. But also as said, I found the signing a bit odd. Didn't feel like a Dean Smith signing but one signed for him and that he didn't say no to. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Great!  I hope they paid us something for him!

Sure I saw somewhere last week it was 2.5 mill pounds or something?

Triggered by appearances etc

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Just now, Lord Willard said:

I hope it’s not an extended loan. 

Well one year left on his contract so a 1 year loan is basically the same thing.  They need to pay us a loan fee though!

On 12/05/2024 at 20:58, I Make Pies said:

I don't think I have disagreed with as many people on this forum as I do about Sanson. He has been a terrible signing, completely unsuited to the Premier League, and it's a relief to get him off the books. He is good at dribbling through midfield but has shown no end product with us. His passing wasn't great either and he got muscled off the ball too easily. Maybe he's one of these players who shines when he has more time on the ball like in France, but you don't get that luxury in this country. Not surprised he wan't picked by three managers.

Never got the chance to show it tbf. Tielemans looked miles off it until he got games under his belt. Sanson through injuries and Gerrard literally trying to ruin his career was never able to show anything what he can do. You need a run of games, 10 at least. He didn't even get 3 sub appearances under that Representative for North East Somerset.

Maybe he wouldn't have been good enough but your club pays 14m for someone, you give the bloody chance 

On 12/05/2024 at 20:58, I Make Pies said:

Yep - perhaps not 'terrible', but certainly the lack of game time made him better in too many peoples eyes. 

Ashely Westwood with an accent and a beard.

On 12/05/2024 at 15:58, I Make Pies said:

I still don't know what to think about him. On one hand, he never really got a long run in the side, which makes it hard to judge him. On the other hand, three straight managers didn't see fit to give him an extended run. Something must have been wrong.

Just now, TomC said:

I still don't know what to think about him. On one hand, he never really got a long run in the side, which makes it hard to judge him. On the other hand, three straight managers didn't see fit to give him an extended run. Something must have been wrong.

It was not three managers!!! For the millionth time.

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

It was not three managers!!! For the millionth time.

I guess I'm forgetting something? Sorry, I haven't been following the thread in a few years.

He was clearly signed while Deano was here...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TomC said:

I guess I'm forgetting something? Sorry, I haven't been following the thread in a few years.

He was clearly signed while Deano was here...

Yeah sorry the exclamations were a bit harsh then :D

I gave him a pass under Deano - injury issues and adjusting to a new league. Gerrard yeah obviously didn't fancy him. But he's said himself that his mind was made up to leave Villa before Emery came in. Emery has said that as well.

• Like 1

Â