Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

18 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

Great player, shame it didn't work out.

If he was actually a great player it would have worked out here. There's a reason he was never a regular in the team. 

41 minutes ago, villa89 said:

If he was actually a great player it would have worked out here. There's a reason he was never a regular in the team. 

This is via multiple managers as well.

I liked what I saw from him in bits as well, but there must be a reason for this.

31 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I liked what I saw from him in bits as well, but there must be a reason for this.

There is, the French league is his level. He's not good enough to make the step up. 

8 minutes ago, villa89 said:

There is, the French league is his level. He's not good enough to make the step up. 

Which is largely due to his approach to the game IMO. He doesn't seemingly follow instructions but rather just does whatever he thinks is best at any given time, which is immensely frustrating for managers. The technical ability is undoubtedly there but you can't have a CM in the prem that you don't really trust or can rely on. 

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

Thats not how football works though. Better players than Sanson have failed at different clubs and not been a regular

58 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Which is largely due to his approach to the game IMO. He doesn't seemingly follow instructions but rather just does whatever he thinks is best at any given time, which is immensely frustrating for managers. The technical ability is undoubtedly there but you can't have a CM in the prem that you don't really trust or can rely on. 

What evidence do you have of this?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Was injured a lot under Smith and still adjusting to the league.

Gerrard clearly didn't like him, even though he said something like 'I know about Sanson, he'll be a big player for us'.

By the time Emery came in he was crying out for some game time and confidence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

I don't know, he'd have done well at somewhere like Brentford or Brighton imo.

The issue back then is we were so welded to McGinn-Luiz it was difficult for him to break through. Of course both are doing brilliantly now but back then we were finishing bottom half so there should've been an opportunity for him to get more game time than he did.

Ramsey also started breaking around that time and was a CM when that happened so that also bumped Morgan down the pecking order.

8 hours ago, lexicon said:

His villa performances under several different managers who all found him seemingly frustrating. 

He started what 4-5 games for us?

A couple under Smith in the lockdown season. Then those two for Slippy against Chelsea and Man. United. Emery gave him the sentimental last few minutes v Man. United and that was it so no idea how he can really be judged as to how good his all round game was or wasn't.

Ultimately all the managers just preferred McGinn. If we'd signed him a year earlier when SJM was out injured long term he would've had a run of starts to impose himself.

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He started what 4-5 games for us?

A couple under Smith in the lockdown season. Then those two for Slippy against Chelsea and Man. United. Emery gave him the sentimental last few minutes v Man. United and that was it so no idea how he can really be judged as to how good his all round game was or wasn't.

Ultimately all the managers just preferred McGinn. If we'd signed him a year earlier when SJM was out injured long term he would've had a run of starts to impose himself.

There had to be a reason why he didn't play much and in the times we did see him, he was all over the place positionally IMO. Emery is an expert on spotting a player he can work with a develop and Sanson obviously did not feature in that category. 

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

There had to be a reason why he didn't play much and in the times we did see him, he was all over the place positionally IMO. Emery is an expert on spotting a player he can work with a develop and Sanson obviously did not feature in that category. 

i remember seeing an interview with Emery, where he said something like, i like Sanson, he has the ability to play how i like, but it is hard for him to get in the starting 11 with how they are performing, but Morgan wanted first team football, so we let him go on loan.

or something like that.

he prob could be a decent squad player tbh, but, it prob suits both parties to get 5m for him, and get his wages off the books so Emery can reinvest it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

i remember seeing an interview with Emery, where he said something like, i like Sanson, he has the ability to play how i like, but it is hard for him to get in the starting 11 with how they are performing, but Morgan wanted first team football, so we let him go on loan.

or something like that.

he prob could be a decent squad player tbh, but, it prob suits both parties to get 5m for him, and get his wages off the books so Emery can reinvest it.

He's not going to say 'he's a useless shite that boy' now, is he? 😅

Â