Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

The more i am reading about him the more i like the signing.

In contrast to Traore this guy doesn't seem to be a luxury player at all.

A grafter. But also got the ability to back it up.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

The more i am reading about him the more i like the signing.

In contrast to Traore this guy doesn't seem to be a luxury player at all.

A grafter. But also got the ability to back it up.

But what’s the point when he obviously isn’t better than our first team as only plays for Marseille?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Enda said:

Some fans feel the need to make their minds up on a player before they’ve actually set foot on the pitch for us. For some reason quick conclusions are very important to these fans.

Understanding this is crucial to enjoying VT, imo.

Me? I very rarely watch Ligue 1, I’ve barely ever heard of this lad and am not embarrassed to admit that. Hope he does well for us.

Agreed

4 minutes ago, Enda said:

Some fans feel the need to make their minds up on a player before they’ve actually set foot on the pitch for us. For some reason quick conclusions are very important to these fans.

Me? I very rarely watch Ligue 1, I’ve barely ever heard of this lad and am not embarrassed to admit that. Hope he does well for us.

The Traore early criticism was the worst I’ve ever seen. I think peoples opinions may have been swayed by a combination of a respected scouts opinion, people that watch Ligue 1’s opinion and also some feedback from Lyon fans. 

10 minutes ago, Enda said:

Agree but additionally players play differently for different clubs.  

Ings has been superb for Southampton and while always good, who would’ve though that.  

Fernando Torres was phenomenal for Liverpool but awful for Chelsea.  

Even our own Benteke was a beast for us but poor for Liverpool (we all said the way they played wouldn’t suit him but it was his choice).

So along with what you say there are even more reasons to wait and see how they play for us.  We just have to wait and see the qualities our scouting and management see will work out for us.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The Traore early criticism was the worst I’ve ever seen. I think peoples opinions may have been swayed by a combination of a respected scouts opinion, people that watch Ligue 1’s opinion and also some feedback from Lyon fans. 

I don't think it was the worst. There were obvious doubts from some but as normal the silent majority just waited to see him play. Traore didn't help himself that he looked like a newborn giraffe on the pitch until the end of November and hadn't been great the season before at Lyon, in a position we needed a step up in quality 

37 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I don't think it was the worst. There were obvious doubts from some but as normal the silent majority just waited to see him play. Traore didn't help himself that he looked like a newborn giraffe on the pitch until the end of November and hadn't been great the season before at Lyon, in a position we needed a step up in quality 

Maybe. It was more than doubts though. Many were genuinely upset by the signing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Agree but additionally players play differently for different clubs.  

Ings has been superb for Southampton and while always good, who would’ve though that.  

Fernando Torres was phenomenal for Liverpool but awful for Chelsea.  

Even our own Benteke was a beast for us but poor for Liverpool (we all said the way they played wouldn’t suit him but it was his choice).

So along with what you say there are even more reasons to wait and see how they play for us.  We just have to wait and see the qualities our scouting and management see will work out for us.

That Benteke thing was a myth. He still managed a goal every 2-3 games as a sub. Until he got his serious injury that is. 

Edited by MotoMkali

Â