Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

If you want to word it like that, that's your choice. Not what I said though.

Maybe we are just talking about semantics but I don't really see how offering a player a big pay rise to leave their club, behind their current clubs back, could not be considered 'tapping up' a player  🤔

Let’s relax a bit here - it’s called negotiating. They NEED to sell him especially with Milik incoming so we try our luck with a low ball offer. It gets rejected unsurprisingly but defo worth the punt. We will now come back with a counter offer(s) until we find a compromise probably around €12-15M. 

We have moaned for years about how we overpay for players but we now have savvy and successful businessmen in charge so let’s leave them to their negotiating 👍. I’m very confident that he will be a Villa player soon. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We would have agreed terms with his agency who would have been in touch with the club . The club would have given a nod in principle and then negotiations begin. 

Hence why the fishy one was widely reported to have agreed personal terms but then fees etc were not.

Sanson has most likely been informed and possibly agreed terms but now the transfer fee and possible agent fees etc are being discussed.

It's the easiest way to get deals done after the la Liga way.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, eholm said:

Let’s relax a bit here - it’s called negotiating. They NEED to sell him especially with Milik incoming so we try our luck with a low ball offer. It gets rejected unsurprisingly but defo worth the punt. We will now come back with a counter offer(s) until we find a compromise probably around €12-15M. 

We have moaned for years about how we overpay for players but we now have savvy and successful businessmen in charge so let’s leave them to their negotiating 👍. I’m very confident that he will be a Villa player soon. 

Don’t cry over spilled Milik

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Maybe we are just talking about semantics but I don't really see how offering a player a big pay rise to leave their club, behind their current clubs back, could not be considered 'tapping up' a player  🤔

It might be but it's been going on for years and not really a suprise to many.

Martin O'Neill arrived the flat of Neil Lennon (then Leicester City) and writing down on a Pizza box what he would earn if he leaves Leicester and signs for Celtic.

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

French football is in dire straits financially. I actually prefer the Spanish system where you go directly to la Liga pay the money (release clause) and be done with it. After agreeing with the player too.

You only do that if you dont mind paying the release clause built into their contracts. Most will choose to negotiate with the clubs.

Its looking like we are trying to bargain down the price here, so it wouldnt matter if we were dealing with a Spanish or any other countries club.

Edited by Nigel

9 minutes ago, Nigel said:

You only do that if you dont mind paying the release clause built into their contracts. Most will choose to negotiate with the clubs.

Its looking like we are trying to bargain down the price here, so it wouldnt matter if we were dealing with a Spanish or any other countries club.

Obviously depends on the release clause. I'm thinking of the Partey to Arsenal situation in the first window this season.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Now reporting that the milik deal is imminent 

The marseille guy on the villa podcast yesterday said that they need our money to pay for that deal 

Apparently the Milik deal is a loan with obligation to buy, so maybe they got around needing the money immediately from the Sanson saga.

.OM are demanding more for their player, a player we clearly want. However, with supposed incoming transfers and a Covid-fuelled hit to their income they are not in a strong bargaining position. The question is: Who's need is the greater? Villa's need for cover in midfield? Or OM's need for an income boost?

Each will have their price. It remains to be seen if we can make a deal or if this one goes - for want of a better term -  "fish over tits" like a certain transfer about 6 months ago.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I trust our board to do the right deal for us. OM are also well within their rights to demand what ever price they want  

Totally correct. This is the key point in any transfer. A player is always worth what the selling club say he is. I find it hilarious when people don't get this. If we think it's an acceptable price then great, let's get him in. If not, then we'll look elsewhere. Our people know what they're doing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Totally correct. This is the key point in any transfer. A player is always worth what the selling club say he is. I find it hilarious when people don't get this. If we think it's an acceptable price then great, let's get him in. If not, then we'll look elsewhere. Our people know what they're doing.

It always amazes me because the same people scoff at the idea we'd sell Jack for anything less than a billion. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

This so much!

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It always amazes me because the same people scoff at the idea we'd sell Jack for anything less than a billion. 

I've said countless times that Grealish in genuinely worth over £500m to us in today's market and been laughed at for it and told "He's not worth that. Nobody will pay that". Fine then, if nobody will pay it then great, he stays. It's quite simple really. Does my head in how people don't get it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There’s a chance that the bid AVB is talking about might have been an initial offer from a week or two ago, which was derisory, and rejected etc, and that our most recent offer(s) are close to being accepted. Could be that there’s a lost in translation element to what he said, and that he was referring to a much earlier bid. Who knows. Either way, hope we get this over the line as quick as possible. 

16 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I've said countless times that Grealish in genuinely worth over £500m to us in today's market and been laughed at for it and told "He's not worth that. Nobody will pay that". Fine then, if nobody will pay it then great, he stays. It's quite simple really. Does my head in how people don't get it.

I just don't get this.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

There’s a chance that the bid AVB is talking about might have been an initial offer from a week or two ago, which was derisory, and rejected etc, and that our most recent offer(s) are close to being accepted. Could be that there’s a lost in translation element to what he said, and that he was referring to a much earlier bid. Who knows. Either way, hope we get this over the line as quick as possible. 

Part of me feels like it's a small diversionary tactic to try to take focus away from the relatively shit job he's doing of late at Marseille.

This deal is probably not too far away, and I wouldn't be surprised if AVB is pissed off at us because we've not given them what they wanted straight away.

• Like 1

Â