Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

I can't link it on here but The Villa Together Podcast had the head of UK Marseille fan club on. He gave a good overview of Sanson as a player.

He was sound

Basically good player, not as good as they thought he could have been, changed his game over the last couple of years, number 8 work horse with a good engine, more mcginn than Barkley, dont judge him on stats cos that's not his game, price is good

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

That Benteke thing was a myth. He still managed a goal every 2-3 games as a sub. Until he got his serious injury that is. 

Yeah maybe, but I remember watching him for Liverpool and he wasn’t that beast he was for us.  

Defenders couldn’t handle him for us, it didn’t matter what their defence did he bullied them, he stretched them, he turned them inside out and he was never that at Liverpool.  

So maybe while his goal ratio was good at 9 goals in 29 games for the Plop he wasn’t the Villa Benteke and not the player Liverpool thought they brought.

6 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I'm watching it now and the guy from OM is a complete idiot.

Says he doesn't know anything about Villa, refers to Sanson as 'deadwood' and asserts Villa are counter attackers! Cheers fella, you really don't know s***.

Tbf we are counter attackers. Our longest passing maneuver to end in a goal is 12 passes and that was by our under 23s against liverpool.

23 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Tbf we are counter attackers. Our longest passing maneuver to end in a goal is 12 passes and that was by our under 23s against liverpool.

I think we are evolving from that particularly this season, Villa are taking the game to teams much more.

The reason we do not have long passing moments is because we are so direct.

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Yeah maybe, but I remember watching him for Liverpool and he wasn’t that beast he was for us.  

Defenders couldn’t handle him for us, it didn’t matter what their defence did he bullied them, he stretched them, he turned them inside out and he was never that at Liverpool.  

So maybe while his goal ratio was good at 9 goals in 29 games for the Plop he wasn’t the Villa Benteke and not the player Liverpool thought they brought.

That’s because we played to his strengths and often just looked to him to pull something miraculous out of the bag.

I think we all unanimously agreed on here that Liverpool was the wrong move for him, the football they played then (and now) wouldn’t/doesn’t suit him.

He needs to be the focal point of the team, why he hasn’t been able to rediscover himself at Palace is the big mystery.

3 minutes ago, dappadan said:

He is playing tonight for Marseille

Very strange, unless that is his goodbye?

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

It’s Rashica all over again isn’t it 

I hope not, we need some strength to the squad.

19 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Very strange, unless that is his goodbye?

I hope not, we need some strength to the squad.

on the OM forum they are saying a transfer fee isnt yet agreed, obviously still in negotiation??, dunno.

Seems strange we let Hourihane go before having Sanson effectively wrapped up, personally i would have said "Conor, you can do all the detail/contracts etc with Swansea, but you will only sign when we know Sanson is over the line".

Â