Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

to be fair, this " tantrum " would indicate that he wants to be involved, and feels he could make a difference, in a desperate situation.

In Barkleys case, he wanted to stay on because " I'm Ross Barkley, from Chelsea , and i'm doing you a favour by even being here " whilst seemingly putting in minimal effort.

I do see how it could appear as double standards though. lol

Fair point but to be honest I never had a problem with Barkley being upset about being taken off. No player should want to be substituted when a team is struggling. What was more frustrating about him was he did **** all while he was on the pitch. 

• Haha 2

TBH, if I'm Sanson and feel like I'm ready and have watched McGinn's performance in that game, then I'd be very annoyed not to have been given the chance to prove myself. Especially if they'd made me warm up and given me a false sense of hope that I'd get some game time. 

22 minutes ago, lexicon said:

TBH, if I'm Sanson and feel like I'm ready and have watched McGinn's performance in that game, then I'd be very annoyed not to have been given the chance to prove myself. Especially if they'd made me warm up and given me a false sense of hope that I'd get some game time. 

Hadn't really considered it before but on top of this he's also previously been a near ever-present for a regular enough Champions League qualifying side that have been better than Villa for a long time. He's probably the most proven of all the midfielders at the club all things considered (outside of specifically the Premier League I suppose) so when he's fit to play it presumably adds to the frustration. I think we'll look a lot better when he's in the side for what it's worth.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Hadn't really considered it before but on top of this he's also previously been a near ever-present for a regular enough Champions League qualifying side that have been better than Villa for a long time. He's probably the most proven of all the midfielders at the club all things considered (outside of specifically the Premier League I suppose) so when he's fit to play it presumably adds to the frustration. I think we'll look a lot better when he's in the side for what it's worth.

I agree. I think we can be quite an exciting outfit when everyone's fit and we're gelling. 

1 hour ago, Indigo said:

They've only qualified for the Champions League once in Sanson's entire time at the club I believe.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

They've only qualified for the Champions League once in Sanson's entire time at the club I believe.

You're right, good shout! Think I must have conflated that with finishing top 4 which obviously isn't the same in Ligue 1 where the co-efficient is slightly different. Still and all though the point is essentially the same.

9 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Yeah, this very much feels like double standards. No way to know for sure what went on in Barkley's or Samson's heads and I thinks very harsh on Barkley to assume inwardly he had the mindset of an arrogant diva.

Yeah he just wanted to be playing too and seemed angry at himself more than anything. But fans are less charitable to players that aren't there's.

I’m glad he was angry, someone running around in CM looking to rip a few arms off is exactly what we need.

Hopefully he starts against West Ham, otherwise we could easily get bullied again in the middle. Also he can pass to his own players consistently, which helps.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Awol said:

I’m glad he was angry, someone running around in CM looking to rip a few arms off is exactly what we need.

Hopefully he starts against West Ham, otherwise we could easily get bullied again in the middle. Also he can pass to his own players consistently, which helps.

this. we definitely need some nastiness in the middle. he could be that man. i like luiz, marv, mcginn and ramsey all individually but any 3 of that 4 just seems a bit too 'nice'

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

McGinn, Mings and Watkins are Smith's favorites. He is never going to drop any of them. Never.

Unless Villa changes to a 3 man midfield Sanson has no chance getting in.

well 2 of those aren't midfielders so theres a chance isn't there?

15 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

well 2 of those aren't midfielders so theres a chance isn't there?

We're currently playing with a number 10 and he is no DM so there's only one spot for him and that's McGinns spot. 

Also I think Ramsey is ahead of him in the pecking order. 

Seem a long way for him into the team. 

• Like 2

I'd love to have been a fly on the wall at the training ground this week. Hopefully they've had a good clear the air meeting, as simmering resentment does no good to anybody.

• Like 1

Â