Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Were they sat in away end as surely difficult to tell what happened from there given where the benches are at Emirates compared to away end?

If they did the corporate tier then could've seen it better I guess.

No way Sanson will be feeling good about things currently. Gave up regular spot at Marseille (who are having a good season in France) to come and sit on bench at mid table English team. Of course injuries haven't helped but wonder if his off field relationship with DS isn't great and he gets the feeling the manager didn't really ever want him.

Don't think he'll be here in a years time, slowly going way of Engels and Gulibert.

Could never see why we brought him to be honest. It looked a strange move from day 1.  I think the 50% mark down on his asking price caught our eye and we jumped in without too much research. All that bollox how we brought him but he was for next season ! Wot a load of tosh 

I always thought he looked a fringe player at best - even that looks a way off now 

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Could never see why we brought him to be honest. It looked a strange move from day 1.  I think the 50% mark down on his asking price caught our eye and we jumped in without too much research. All that bollox how we brought him but he was for next season ! Wot a load of tosh 

I always thought he looked a fringe player at best - even that looks a way off now 

He had a good reputation at Marseille in fairness. Played regularly in CL so while not quite French international standard, sort of player we needed to sign.

I think it's a few things really. He's similar in style to McGinn who while DS remains will always be a certain starter and play every minute of every league game he's fit for. And DS probably had pressure above to play young players more so Ramsey obvious one given he featured regularly last season so that adds to midfield congestion.

DS also has a patchy record with some of our foreign picks. Really from take up in 2019 Luiz and Trez only two he's stuck with. Engels and Gulibert both looked fine at start, then lost form and were never given another chance and Sanson probably won't even get that.

Strange when he had this model at Brentford and largely worked with it for 3 years.

4 hours ago, hippo said:

Really? I thought you were his biggest fan? 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

From the fleeting appearances I've seen of Sanson he does look a quality player.

I just hope he can find some consistency, gets given a chance to play some games and show people what he's made of.

I just want him injury free at the moment for a few months, that for me would be a start.  I’m sure if he stays injury free he’ll get games.  I know he’s back on the bench but he’s only just back.

40 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

You spend more time talking about him than any other player so presume you really want him to do well for the club

Because of the ridiculous PR about him at the time. I just felt the need to redress the balance. All those experts who thought we brought him Jan for the following season.

In reality we brought a half fit player - who has yet to really show for us. And now seems to be frustrated he isn't getting selected.

As I've said more than once he's a fringe player....at best.

15 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

None of us know if he is good enough or a fringe player until he stays fit long enough to get a run in the team, on current form I would say he deserves match time as he can’t do any worse than the current midfield. He doesn’t deserve PR or praise as he hasn’t earnt any in a Villa shirt, but not really much point writing him off yet either.

Agreed. But it's only now we are getting realistic opinions on him. Rightly or wrongly I don't see him displacing either Mcginn or Luiz. He's vying with Ramsay for that 1st reserve slot imo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Because of the ridiculous PR about him at the time. I just felt the need to redress the balance. All those experts who thought we brought him Jan for the following season.

In reality we brought a half fit player - who has yet to really show for us. And now seems to be frustrated he isn't getting selected.

As I've said more than once he's a fringe player....at best.

So you want to constantly shout down a Villa player as shit because some people thought he was a bargain signing 

Strange way of supporting the club

• Like 4

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Agreed. But it's only now we are getting realistic opinions on him. Rightly or wrongly I don't see him displacing either Mcginn or Luiz. He's vying with Ramsay for that 1st reserve slot imo.

If we play a 433 with Buendia and Bailey wide I think it would be interesting to see Sanson play as the third midfielder, but would agree Ramsey is probably ahead of him for that role. To be honest I am so fed up of McGinn and Doug losing possession in critical areas I would be tempted to drop one or even both but that is unrealistic and reactionary.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Zatman said:

So you want to constantly shout down a Villa player as shit because some people thought he was a bargain signing 

Strange way of supporting the club

Just an alternative viewpoint giving a bit of context. 

I never saw him as a bargain. Always looked a tall order.

It hasn't altered the way I support the club. I still brought my season ticket and watch as many games as I can.

I'm sure there must be players we've signed that you've thought...".hmmmm can't see that working out. "

He was getting into his stride, running the show at Stamford Bridge the other week. Given how we tracked him and pounced early, I'd be expecting more than fringe-player status once he gets into the team.

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Just an alternative viewpoint giving a bit of context. 

I never saw him as a bargain. Always looked a tall order.

It hasn't altered the way I support the club. I still brought my season ticket and watch as many games as I can.

I'm sure there must be players we've signed that you've thought...".hmmmm can't see that working out. "

Why did you think “can’t see that working out” with this particular signing?

As for whether he’ll be any good for us I don’t see how anybody can tell. He’s hardly played any football so to form an opinion on him is pretty difficult other than to say it would be nice if he was fit once in a while.

1 minute ago, tom_avfc said:

Why did you think “can’t see that working out” with this particular signing?

As for whether he’ll be any good for us I don’t see how anybody can tell. He’s hardly played any football so to form an opinion on him is pretty difficult other than to say it would be nice if he was fit once in a while.

Well we signed him in Jan. Even then DS didn't play him right away. 

If he was so good, why were there no takers @ £30m ? 

he never looked robust enough for me. Seems ok if he had time on the ball. But the hurly burly of the prem never seemed to suit him.

with DS grappling to get a handle on things -hes going to get some game time soon. So we will see.

4 hours ago, hippo said:

Well we signed him in Jan. Even then DS didn't play him right away. 

If he was so good, why were there no takers @ £30m ? 

he never looked robust enough for me. Seems ok if he had time on the ball. But the hurly burly of the prem never seemed to suit him.

with DS grappling to get a handle on things -hes going to get some game time soon. So we will see.

Never seemed to suit him. Except he's been the best player in 2 of the games he started for us. Wolves last season and Chelsea this year.

You are embarrassing yourself stop it. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Never seemed to suit him. Except he's been the best player in 2 of the games he started for us. Wolves last season and Chelsea this year.

Ok.

I stand corrected then ! 

I might be being on harsh on the guy but I'm underwhelmed so far. He's obviously fit now if he's as good as you say - he should be starter from now on ????

Or maybe DSs sees Mcginn, Luiz, Ramsay, Buendia as better options right now despite Sanson s sterling 1.5  'best player' performances in 10 months. 

24 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

It is really embarrassing borderline vendetta, probably has posted 20 percent of the comments in this thread and mainly just bashing him. Including the weekly update that he is injured 

Â