Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Have we had a French player that actually worked out for us? 

I guess Amavi did - probably the closest.

We’ve had 11 French players in total.

The best was probably David Ginola.

The worst? Berson, Pires, Agathe

Didier Six was before my time but I imagine he did very little as I’ve rarely heard of him!

20 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Didier Six was before my time but I imagine he did very little as I’ve rarely heard of him!

Isn’t he famous for destroying Man Utd on his debut then never doing anything else?

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Isn’t he famous for destroying Man Utd on his debut then never doing anything else?

yep, he was sublime that day

Edited by Follyfoot

37 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

We’ve had 11 French players in total.

The best was probably David Ginola.

The worst? Berson, Pires, Agathe

Berson was the strangest. Apparently O'Leary had been tracking him for about a year- and then hardly played him.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Berson was the strangest. Apparently O'Leary had been tracking him for about a year- and then hardly played him.

Berson actually wasn't bad either.

Suffered from Ashley Westwood ( Villas version ) type syndrome if anything.

44 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I’m old enough to remember that game, he was magnificent! Probably the best debut I’ve witnessed.

• Like 1

"Topics were aplenty, though, from Smith addressing Morgan Sanson's water bottle-throwing frustrations (his quotes on that are embargoed until 10.30pm on Friday sadly)"

From Scum mail, why on Earth does Smith's response need to be embargoed???? Sure it is just:

'I won't tolerate the (bottle throwing) behaviour but we'll deal with that internally' (translated as: he's done just like Engels and Guilbert were, because i hold grudges)

or

'It's illness'

or

'It's Covid and I don't want to say it's Covid as a lot of players need to be tested and it could impact the team'

2 hours ago, Risso said:

Mystery "illness"! Naughtystepitis.

One I expect to last until January when he'll be sent on loan.

Feels like that yep.

Covid is the rumour.

Can't catch a break.

4 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

at least it's a good excuse to slag him off again

i actually think there's a lot of sympathy for him now. many wanted him to come on vs arsenal and can understand his frustration. now he's either injured or dropped. not seeing much slagging going on at all

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i actually think there's a lot of sympathy for him now. many wanted him to come on vs arsenal and can understand his frustration. now he's either injured or dropped. not seeing much slagging going on at all

Really? Go back a few pages from the moment someone said he was 'Ill' and you'll find one in 3 responses is saying 'told you so/he's done' in various not very cunning ways.

Not saying it's everyone, but the usual people who can't wait to jump on the negatives are doing just that.

Edited by VillanousOne

3 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Really? Go back a few pages from the moment someone said he was 'Ill' and you'll find one in 3 responses is saying 'told you so/he's done' in various not very cunning ways.

Not saying it's everyone, but the usual people who can't want to jump on the negatives are doing just that.

i interpreted it as him being done in as much as there's been a falling out with smith and there's no way back for him, rather than really slagging him

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/feb/02/andre-villas-boas-offers-to-resign-as-marseille-coach-over-signing-of-ntcham

AVB offered to quit because they sold Sanson behind his back, and we don't even play him. 

If he’s been sitting on the bench every game I’d get this comment but he’s always injured! 

• Like 1

Â