Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

A Friday night sky game.  If true, we'd have seen the footage by now. 

Why, do they routinely keep a camera trained on the benches?

The tweet came from somebody I know, respect and have followed for a long time. She's a regular at Villa games with her husband, another very reasonable person, not anti-Smith, and they're not the sort to make things up at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Risso said:

Various eye witness reports on Twitter from people at the game that he chucked a bottle of water at Smith and gave him the finger.

If true he will probably be out for 3 weeks with an injured finger.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Risso said:

The tweet came from somebody I know, respect and have followed for a long time. She's a regular at Villa games with her husband, another very reasonable person, not anti-Smith, and they're not the sort to make things up at all.

Were they sat in away end as surely difficult to tell what happened from there given where the benches are at Emirates compared to away end?

If they did the corporate tier then could've seen it better I guess.

No way Sanson will be feeling good about things currently. Gave up regular spot at Marseille (who are having a good season in France) to come and sit on bench at mid table English team. Of course injuries haven't helped but wonder if his off field relationship with DS isn't great and he gets the feeling the manager didn't really ever want him.

Don't think he'll be here in a years time, slowly going way of Engels and Gulibert.

4 minutes ago, Risso said:

There's lots of shades though without footage. He could just have thrown a water bottle in frustration. It may vaguely have gone the direction of DS + CS.

I cant believe a top pro - would directly aim a water bottle with intent of hitting the coaching staff.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

There's lots of shades though without footage. He could just have thrown a water bottle in frustration. It may vaguely have gone the direction of DS + CS.

I cant believe a top pro - would directly aim a water bottle with intent of hitting the coaching staff.

I find it hard to believe he would intentionally throw a bottle at the gaffer! Hopefully the angles the witnesses saw it from were just deceptive. I'm sure Sanson was pretty frustrated though at being on the bench having to watch that dogshite and not being able to do anything to help! 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Risso said:

I would imagine at least one camera would be aimed at the benches during the game. 

Fair enough if she's someone you know and respect but I'd be very surprised something like that happened on the bench and it wasn't captured somehow or more widely reported. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Quite rightfully should be disappointed.

Our midfield has been pathetic for the last three games; bar John McGinn.

Sanson should be getting a run of games now and a switchback to 4-3-3 will allow this. His injuries have set him back but he's now fit and looked good in the cup game. I would give him a run against West Ham next to McGinn in midfield with Luiz sitting in behind.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Risso said:

I thought you were taking the piss?! Hence the laughing reaction.

Just now, wilko154 said:

Quite rightfully should be disappointed.

Our midfield has been pathetic for the last three games; bar John McGinn.

Sanson should be getting a run of games now and a switchback to 4-3-3 will allow this. His injuries have set him back but he's now fit and looked good in the cup game. I would give him a run against West Ham next to McGinn in midfield with Luiz sitting in behind.

Ramsey will start ahead of him.

30 minutes ago, Risso said:

Kind of, yeah. There's something like 30+ cameras that film PL games from almost every conceivable angle, including one(s) focused on the dugout(s).

• Like 2

The reason they have a camera trained on the dugout at all times is to catch the managers reactions when a goal is scored/conceded (or a contentious decision), which you usually see after multiple replays of the goal has been shown from different angles. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Indigo said:

Kind of, yeah. There's something like 30+ cameras that film PL games from almost every conceivable angle, including one(s) focused on the dugout(s).

Yep...100% would've seen the footage.  No reason why they wouldn't have shown it

Sanson has a right to be pi55ed, the midfield again were pathetic.

And being a professional footballer he would have faith in himself to do a better job, consequently if he was happy to just be picking up his wages it would be far worse.

The water-bottle and middle-finger is hearsay as far as I'm concerned.

5 hours ago, Risso said:

Various eye witness reports on Twitter from people at the game that he chucked a bottle of water at Smith and gave him the finger.

Was it cabbage water? 

Edited by sidcow

4 hours ago, weedman said:

What is this talk about him "not being given a chance", he hasn't played 90 minutes in about a year and has spent every minute of his time here either injured or unfit, now he's meant to be straight into the team and first name on the team sheet? What's happening?! 

I was amazed he didn't come on for the last 20 minutes last night and went for Ramsay (yes, yes, I know he got a goal). I would have thought an experienced player would have made more sense.  Especially for only 20 minutes (or why is he even on the bench?) 

Radio WM commented last night that once Ramsey went on, Sanson went a bit mad in the dugout as they could see him gesticulating and flapping his arms. Cannot say or confirm that a bottle was thrown etc though. 

Don’t blame him being disgruntled but there is a time and place to show your unhappiness, and that is in private with Smith. 

Â