Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

18 hours ago, daggy_333 said:

Jedinak?

I liked Jedi for many reasons, but unfortunately at the time in his career that he was with us, he had the mobility of a supertanker.

• Like 4

On 26/04/2021 at 10:08, HanoiVillan said:

On Sanson, my concern is that I don't really get what type of midfielder he's supposed to be, or what his best position is. Hopefully it becomes clear.

might have been done before  but

Sanson's versatility in midfield should prove a real asset to Villa. Across 187 Ligue 1 starts he's split his time between central (93), defensive (40) and attacking (33) midfield, and even started 21 games from wide (15 right, six left). His WhoScored rating when split into those different positions certainly highlights that he has been solid wherever he has played - most notably through the middle of the pitch - but interestingly his highest score, predominantly came in defensive midfield (7.27). It's also interesting that his rating in attacking midfield (7.09) slightly outperforms that in the middle of the park (7.03), highlighting that Sanson has qualities both in and out of possession.

It is, however, his defensive contribution wherever he is positioned that often stands out above his solid output in the final third. A combative player wherever he plays, during his time with Marseille he ranked among the top ten Ligue 1 players for possession won in both the midfield (376) and attacking third (66). That ability to press will certainly fit the mould at Villa, and Sanson tends to break up play by hook or by crook...

seems to be a bit of a swiss army knife midfielder , but i wonder if we have an eye on him as Barkleys replacement for next season

Can't wait to see what he can do next season. With a fit Jack, a proper pre season, having had exposure to the league and with further reinforcements he could really shine.

I'm really optimistic on his ability, but do think we need a bit more variety to our central midfield options. A better Nakamba to supplement what we have would leave me confident going into next season.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Would be a huge upgrade on Ramsey and McGinn me think.

Just his pressing stats alone is such a great asset.

To quote ..... you “stats alone don’t paint the whole picture”  but no Im looking forward to see what he offers next season 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Still taking the piss out of the guy and he is injured after writing him off as a flop last week when he was also injured. Embarrassing 

Was about to say, has probably done himself a favor being out for this season.

By next season there will be alot more exciting things to moan about, and he can go under the radar with a solid preseason.

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

Still taking the piss out of the guy and he is injured after writing him off as a flop last week when he was also injured. Embarrassing 

He said it not me. Probably spur of the moment - sure he won't be too embarrassed about it.

Its a shame that he just never got going, he might be the answer to improving our midfield but we never got the chance to find out, now its stick or twist on signing someone else in that area for next year,

Â