Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

10 minutes ago, hippo said:

TBF he has good stats. But by his own admission has struggled with the pace of the PL. Fringe/Squad player.......at best IMO.

Nah can’t agree. I think he will be a really good player for us. Loved his cameos last season, lots of potential. Do I think he’ll start every game, no, but no-one should be as we build the squad. He’ll do well for us.

Just now, Adam2003 said:

Nah can’t agree. I think he will be a really good player for us. Loved his cameos last season, lots of potential. Do I think he’ll start every game, no, but no-one should be as we build the squad. He’ll do well for us.

I think he could potentially take McGinn’s place… could be even better. Good to have genuine competition for places, expect to see the best of Sanson next season.

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

Does that mean Grealish is worthless because no-one has paid anything for him? ;)

I think you know what I meant.

There were no takers at £30m - Villa purchased him for £15m. ergo he wasn't worth £30m.

The comparison with Grealish is flawed as no fee has ever been agreed for him

1 hour ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Player I am most excited about seeing next season--I expect the improvements to be huge. 

Excited to, If all goes to plan he'll be the first choice No 8 for the next couple of years whilst Chukwuemeka develops.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hippo said:

I think you know what I meant.

There were no takers at £30m - Villa purchased him for £15m. ergo he wasn't worth £30m.

The comparison with Grealish is flawed as no fee has ever been agreed for him

Because Marseille originally didn't wan  to sell. But they were **** financially in the season so had to sell for a lesser fee because the TV deal wasn't agreed. 

I'm just a bit concerned with this guy because frankly, I really wasn't impressed at all from his cameos so far but he's had hype in ligue 1 and his stats were decent. But I don't know, something doesn't feel right with him and I feel like he could just be a big flop.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Because Marseille originally didn't wan  to sell. But they were **** financially in the season so had to sell for a lesser fee because the TV deal wasn't agreed. 

Not sure of you're point.

They priced at £30m so no one would come in for him ? - then they wanted to sell him so lowered the price to £15m. ?

...that only reinforces what I'm saying. At £30m there were no takers.

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Not sure of you're point.

They priced at £30m so no one would come in for him ? - then they wanted to sell him so lowered the price to £15m. ?

...that only reinforces what I'm saying. At £30m there were no takers.

Teams value players at a higher value than the sell all the time. Ross barkley for instance 40 mil and 15 mil to Chelsea.

He was a 30-40 mil player. But they needed a sale. So whilst there may have been suitors at 30 mil they needed a quick move and didn't have time for negotiating a high fee. We were interested last summer at 30 mil. And when we realised his price had dipped we were all over it. 

Â