Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Zatman said:

He is injured

I know. And is likely to remain so for a few games yet.

Like I say it's early days to judge him. But it wouldn't surprise me if this is just one of those that all parties agree isn't going to work out.

22 minutes ago, hippo said:

I know. And is likely to remain so for a few games yet.

Like I say it's early days to judge him. But it wouldn't surprise me if this is just one of those that all parties agree isn't going to work out.

Could just as well turn into a class act. Too early to judge either way imo.

7 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Given our record of French players I am not exactly holding my breath for next season. He will need to massively work on his strength and conditioning in the summer.

You say that and then our 2 French lightweight midfielders went on to have careers far better than what villa have done, gueye in particular

Just need patience and to find the right role for him - which to be fair Smith and his team were doing with him, he'll be alright

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

You say that and then our 2 French lightweight midfielders went on to have careers far better than what villa have done, gueye in particular

Just need patience and to find the right role for him - which to be fair Smith and his team were doing with him, he'll be alright

It's often overlooked that veretout admitted that he was looking to leave villa shortly after he arrived. He admits his heart was never really in it - and that he gave up on his villa career to early.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hippo said:

It's often overlooked that veretout admitted that he was looking to leave villa shortly after he arrived. He admits his heart was never really in it - and that he gave up on his villa career to early.

I wonder why- a lack of good French bistros? 

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

I wonder why- a lack of good French bistros? 

He was probably too young. At had been at 1 club all his life before villa. He came didn't like and looked to move away pretty quickly. 

I seem to recall reading that Sherwood treated him pretty poorly, and in general I don't think the club were doing a good job helping foreign players settle at that point. Whether we're better at it now, I don't know.

On Sanson, my concern is that I don't really get what type of midfielder he's supposed to be, or what his best position is. Hopefully it becomes clear.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I seem to recall reading that Sherwood treated him pretty poorly, and in general I don't think the club were doing a good job helping foreign players settle at that point. Whether we're better at it now, I don't know.

On Sanson, my concern is that I don't really get what type of midfielder he's supposed to be, or what his best position is. Hopefully it becomes clear.

My concern with Sansom is that pundits and everyone were saying what a great player he is - but looking at his form and previous fan comments - the popular opinion seems to be that he is a "tidy" tick over sort of player.

I really think we jumped into early when his price suddenly dropped. 

Still time and Purley my opinion - but looks a fringe player......at best.

15 minutes ago, hippo said:

My concern with Sansom is that pundits and everyone were saying what a great player he is - but looking at his form and previous fan comments - the popular opinion seems to be that he is a "tidy" tick over sort of player.

I think we could do with more players who can do the simple things excellently.

Extreme examples but Kanye, Carrick, Pirlo, Modric are/were “tick over” players with their obvious other attributes.

We are a counter attack team that go down one side, that is a typical sign of a team that arnt good enough defensively or with the ball to control a game.

Not saying Sanson has played great or will be good enough, he’s shown enough to be tidy and deserving a whole season. And then hopefully he’s got a few other facets than just being tidy.

24 minutes ago, Nicho said:

I think we could do with more players who can do the simple things excellently.

Extreme examples but Kanye, Carrick, Pirlo, Modric are/were “tick over” players with their obvious other attributes.

We are a counter attack team that go down one side, that is a typical sign of a team that arnt good enough defensively or with the ball to control a game.

Not saying Sanson has played great or will be good enough, he’s shown enough to be tidy and deserving a whole season. And then hopefully he’s got a few other facets than just being tidy.

US-Rapper kündigt Kandidatur an: Kanye West schielt aufs Weiße Haus - mal  wieder - ZDFheute

Edited by Zatman
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, hippo said:

HE HAS MADE 3 STARTS

Â