Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

I don't think we've even begun to see what Sanson is capable of yet. Hopefully next season will give us a better picture. It's a bit too early to say we don't need him because we don't really know what he is yet. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure what role he will have for us next season, perhaps a squad player who can fill in at different positions. If we continue with 4-2-3-1 I don't see where he fits in really. In a 4-3-3 he could play to the left in the mid three, but that's about the only position I see him in.

I hope he takes this time out to bulk up. He was supposed to be a tough tackling warrior, but seemed quite slightly built and not that strong, seems to have problems adapting to the tempo and the physicallity of the PL.

I trust our recruitment team, and as a general rule I want someone from abroad to play at least half a season up to a full season, adapting to the country and the league, before I can make a judgement. But so far it is a bit of a Jordan Veretout about him.

Hopefully an upgrade on Hourihane, so far not much of that.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I'm not sure what role he will have for us next season, perhaps a squad player who can fill in at different positions. If we continue with 4-2-3-1 I don't see where he fits in really. In a 4-3-3 he could play to the left in the mid three, but that's about the only position I see him in.

I hope he takes this time out to bulk up. He was supposed to be a tough tackling warrior, but seemed quite slightly built and not that strong, seems to have problems adapting to the tempo and the physicallity of the PL.

I trust our recruitment team, and as a general rule I want someone from abroad to play at least half a season up to a full season, adapting to the country and the league, before I can make a judgement. But so far it is a bit of a Jordan Veretout about him.

he can comfortably play as the less defence minded of a double pivot, an 8 in a 433 or a 10 in a 3241 if required, he is pretty versatile.

Whether he will nail on a starting position i dont know, but he defo has something to offer the squad!

He said himself he was shocked by the speed of the PL apparently, so its good that he has some adjustment time etc.

Edited by MaVilla

On 27/05/2021 at 23:51, pete101 said:

Think he plays against the bigger tesms when he is fit , in a system of two 8s rather then playing a 10 against the lower sides

This was my instinct too.

Then I had a flash of what we did to Liverpool and Arsenal with a very good CAM. I would like to see that again 😏

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Agreed. Really smart that we got him in early.

Without going OT I think “smart” was a theme running through last seasons transfer window, and one I expect to continue during this one. 

We may not get the names some expect/want, but I’m confident we’ll be much stronger at the end of it. 

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Without going OT I think “smart” was a theme running through last seasons transfer window, and one I expect to continue during this one. 

We may not get the names some expect/want, but I’m confident we’ll be much stronger at the end of it. 

This is a very good point.

I would imagine there would have been some very underwhelmed Leicester City fan's when they signed Kante....

Edited by yayoboy

On 29/05/2021 at 00:06, Keener window-cleaner said:

Utility player.

• Like 1

On 30/05/2021 at 16:31, yayoboy said:

This is a very good point.

I would imagine there would have been some very underwhelmed Leicester City fan's when they signed Kante....

I would say that has every chance.

On 29/05/2021 at 00:06, Keener window-cleaner said:

So far it is a bit of a Jordan Veretout about him.

Another excellent player.

He'd have excelled under Smith.

Sanson is 500x the footballer of Hourihane.

58 minutes ago, useless said:

Morning Villans, I expect Sanson to emerge as one of our best players next season.

Hope so. Can't get a gauge on him yet. I think McGinn could have his best PL season for us yet

Â