Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Hope so. Can't get a gauge on him yet. I think McGinn could have his best PL season for us yet

I think so too, but I'd expect that could come from the increased competition from Sanson. In the small amount of minutes Sanson got this year he was an upgrade on McGinn who was in very poor form. 

McGinn improved a lot the last few games of the season and hopefully he kicks on again next year to nail down that spot, he had it nailed down this year more by need than desire to have him there, he wasn't playing well a lot of the time

Given his skill displayed prior to the move here, I saw him earning match day opportunities to impress, and from there, potentially commanding a regular starting role.

McGinn, Luiz, and Barkley would all undoubtedly see playing time when fit and able, but Sanson, I thought, would have pushed into the conversation to compete with them.

Ramsey will be given opportunities as priority over anyone who's not demanding minutes with their form, and Nakamba is also there, but as I said, I saw Sanson edging them.

Hope to see more of him because I think there's a very well-rounded and capable player here, skilled in most if not all aspects expected of a midfielder.

Edited by A'Villan

1 hour ago, TRO said:

sorry for going off topic

what a great interview with him on Claret & Blue with Mat Kendrick.....a real inside story. ( 2+ hrs mind)

Watched the Yorke one and also when he got the job so far, quality viewing 

• Like 2

On 04/06/2021 at 13:58, TRO said:

what a great interview with him on Claret & Blue with Mat Kendrick.....a real inside story. ( 2+ hrs mind)

Great interview , Doug wore him out then I got thinking no manager really recovered after working under Doug , From Ron Saunders to Big Ron, Brian Little , John Gregory , David O’Leary , not sure how Dr Venglos got on after his blip with us. 

• Like 1

On 05/06/2021 at 00:58, TRO said:

Still looking forward to listening. 

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Seems to be getting overlooked or forgotten…. personally looking forward to seeing what he can offer, could potentially be our best CM…

Dean Smith and Purslow both said we brought him in early, mainly for next season. 

Young man, young family, needs to time acclimatise, get used to the pace.

He was a 30m player we got for cheap, I have no doubt we will see the best of him next season. 

1 minute ago, pas5898 said:

Dean Smith and Purslow both said we brought him in early, mainly for next season. 

He was a 30m player we got for cheap, I have no doubt we will see the best of him next season. 

According to who? 

1 minute ago, pas5898 said:

Agreed… looking forward to it.

5 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

According to who? 

Birmingham Live

Was widely reported that us, Leicester, West ham were in for him the summer before, valued at 30 million. They kept him for another year. 

Covid hit, they needed to raise capital to sign another player (striker I think). We were the only club willing to basically give them cash up front. 

Edited by pas5898

12 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

He wasn't £30m - there were no takers at that price. combination of factors meant we got him for £15m.

TBF he has good stats. But by his own admission has struggled with the pace of the PL. Fringe/Squad player.......at best IMO.

Just now, hippo said:

He wasn't £30m - there were no takers at that price. combination of factors meant we got him for £15m.

TBF he has good stats. But by his own admission has struggled with the pace of the PL. Fringe/Squad player.......at best IMO.

He was 40 mil in Jan last 2020, 30 mil in summer 2020 and 15 mil in Jan 2021. It doesn't matter if there were takers. We clearly felt he was worth around that much because that's why we pretty much said so when Purslow was talking about his signing. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Birmingham Live

Was widely reported that us, Leicester, West ham were in for him the summer before, valued at 30 million. They kept him for another year. 

Covid hit, they needed to raise capital to sign another player (striker I think). We were the only club willing to basically give them cash up front. 

…and their manager quit as a result.

Â