Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

Just now, hippo said:

Since Jan

he was brought in for next season and has made 3 starts so cant be judging players on 3 starts unless this is still the French agenda like Guilbert and Veretout previously

He has only been available for 11 games and was involved in 9 including the last 2 he was fit that he started

52 minutes ago, hippo said:

My concern with Sansom is that pundits and everyone were saying what a great player he is - but looking at his form and previous fan comments - the popular opinion seems to be that he is a "tidy" tick over sort of player.

I really think we jumped into early when his price suddenly dropped. 

Still time and Purley my opinion - but looks a fringe player......at best.

a "tidy tick over sort of player" is already an upgrade on mcginn and luiz based on current form...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

he was brought in for next season and has made 3 starts so cant be judging players on 3 starts unless this is still the French agenda like Guilbert and Veretout previously

He has only been available for 11 games and was involved in 9 including the last 2 he was fit that he started

If he takes the place by storm next season - great. Like I say I see him as a fringe players at the most  - and a swift exit wouldn't totally surprise me. Agreed that a judgement based on not much - other than his fleeting appearances - but at this stage that's all we have.

Nothing to do with nationality - (I don't think Davis\Ramsey will make it here and they aren't French). If someone comes in from France and bangs in 20 goals great. As another poster has pointed out - our French players (and managers !!!!)  thus far haven't been great . Just to repeat that's another poster not me.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

a "tidy tick over sort of player" is already an upgrade on mcginn and luiz based on current form...

Well when fit those two were getting picked by the head coach ahead of him.

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Well when fit those two were getting picked by the head coach ahead of him.

yes and many were questioning why and didn't agree with the decision

11 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Hippo is just hunching here no need to twist them knickers. Bottomline is we'll see how it turns out next season. I'm moderately optimistic.

Agreed - Just expressing an opinion on what I have seen so far. The longer he is here the more validity those judgements have. 

Typical of our luck, with regards to player availability.

I feel he would have been brilliant in a game like yesterday, where we actually had some control and movement.

As he is technically very good with the ball.

So far, has only had a chance when we have been under the cosh, against better opposition.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, hippo said:

I know. And is likely to remain so for a few games yet.

Like I say it's early days to judge him. But it wouldn't surprise me if this is just one of those that all parties agree isn't going to work out.

He seems to have settled in o.k off the pitch, commenting on a few of the others players instagrams (a very 2021 way of seeing how players get on) so it's nothing like 2015 and how toxic things were in the squad.

He'll be playing at the start of next season. Douglas Luiz will likely be called up by the Brazil Olympic squad so will be very disrupted pre season and doubt we'll see him for the opening few weeks so suggests Sanson will be starting as I think we'll cash in on Nakamba aswell.

Only question is it does feel a little like DS isn't too keen. Kalinic, Gulibert and Engels all played games straight after joining and all have faded out of favour, difference is this one cost 15m so DS needs to show he can handle these sort of signings from outside the UK otherwise owners won't be impressed.

• Like 2

We have seen so little of Samson, I don’t think anyone can have formed a realistic opinion yet about whether he is any good.

Certainly I don’t remember thinking “Wow!” about anything he has done on the pitch but we shall see when (if) he gets more game time.

On 26/04/2021 at 12:59, HanoiVillan said:

I wouldn't bet too much money on the Olympics actually going ahead . . .

There is too much broadcasting money on it for it not to go ahead.

It will be with no crowds which will make it sterile and pointless.

They might as well build a giant tv studio and host all Olympics in the future there. It would save a lot of money for all concerned.

Back to Sanson think we need to judge after a pre season and 2-3 months of next season.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

We have seen so little of Samson, I don’t think anyone can have formed a realistic opinion yet about whether he is any good.

I know, and we've literally not even set eyes on Delilah yet. Getting weird now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 26/04/2021 at 12:52, VillaChris said:

Only question is it does feel a little like DS isn't too keen. Kalinic, Gulibert and Engels all played games straight after joining and all have faded out of favour, difference is this one cost 15m so DS needs to show he can handle these sort of signings from outside the UK otherwise owners won't be impressed.

We’re starting to build a squad and so new players now don’t need to be rushed into playing.   They can slowly be integrated and brought on at the right time.

Sanson should be a good player for us next season.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ender4 said:

We’re starting to build a squad and so new players now don’t need to be rushed into playing.   They can slowly be integrated and brought on at the right time.

Sanson should be a good player for us next season.  

Yep. A benefit of not being worried about relegation. Sanson hasn't had to come in and being a saviour for us. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looking through his ligue 1 stats before joining us. Seems like he was a very attacking oriented midfielder. Very high goals and assists rate for a CM in ligue 1 this season and last season. Very concerning weakness in passing though. Not really a neat and tidy player at all. In that sense he really does feel quite similar to Mcginn, but I'm not sure I can stomach watching these 2 constantly lose the ball with every pass if they play together.

Edit: Just checked whoscored and as expected, they have his passing as a weakness but key passes as a strength.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

Â