Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Looking forward to seeing him next season.   

I think he's probably the Barkley replacement.

I don't think he is. I think Jack is or we buy an AM. 

Sanson will add to our depth more with mcginn and Luiz I'd imagine.

Hopefully he replaces mcginn.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

looked like such an innoquous injury at the time...strange one. shame for him, fingers crossed he'll be fine for the new season

Similar to Trezeguet, at first, I thought he just got a kick on the back of the leg and was fine.

9 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Its a shame that he just never got going, he might be the answer to improving our midfield but we never got the chance to find out, now its stick or twist on signing someone else in that area for next year,

It’s been said many times but he was a target for this summer that was executed in January because they needed fast cash - hence the discount. 

Whatever the plan for him is won’t have changed, but as his comments show the few games he’s had were valuable in adjusting mentally to the PL. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Awol said:

It’s been said many times but he was a target for this summer that was executed in January because they needed fast cash - hence the discount. 

Whatever the plan for him is won’t have changed, but as his comments show the few games he’s had were valuable in adjusting mentally to the PL. 

I'd love for us to help their financial situation even more by taking Kamara for a cash only discount. 

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

I'd love for us to help their financial situation even more by taking Kamara for a cash only discount. 

You’ll have to fight than one out with the Koopmeiners fans, but they both look like good prospects to me. 

If they were roughly the same price who would fans choose? ....I’m guessing Sanson would pick Kamara. /stillonthread

• Like 1

As we haven't really seen him much in the second half of the season. What position do you guys think he was brought in for? 

Competition for McGinn at No8? Or is he meant to be our new number 10 and keeping Jack wide? 

2 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

As we haven't really seen him much in the second half of the season. What position do you guys think he was brought in for? 

Competition for McGinn at No8? Or is he meant to be our new number 10 and keeping Jack wide? 

Definitely not been brought in as a 10 I don't think. Image below outlines his defensive stats relative to other midfielders in the top 5 leagues in Europe which read extremely well. He also played in a double-pivot at times for OM so can only imagine he'd be playing there for us in a 4-2-3-1 or as a box to box 8 in a 4-3-3.

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

Assume he was bought in on the grounds of being really good value and offering us insurance if Luiz went back to City.

Possibly also with the intention of pushing McGinn further forward in place of Barkley.

And the fact we play a double pivot and he's very good in that role. Gives us chance to freshen uo and rotate the players playing there.

Be interesting to see what midfield we start next season with.

29 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

We need him so McGinn doesn’t have to play every minute.

We need a squad we can rotate through the season and he will be a useful box to box midfielder.

Could also quite happily play SJM and Sanson as two 8’s with Dougie or Marv in a 4-3-3. Not having the personnel to switch formation during a game has been a problem, or go toe to toe with high energy and more physical teams, the Leeds and Burnley’s. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, LondonLax said:

We need him so McGinn doesn’t have to play every minute.

But Smith seems to want to play McGinn every single minute.

Not sure how Smith will manage the #8 position with  McGinn, Luiz, Sanson and Ramsey all pretty much fighting for that one spot

He came with a big reputation in France, so getting him in seems to be a positive, and at a reduced rate. its difficult for any player to come in mid-season into a new team/country/culture and be expected to hit the ground running. Not many achieve it, so will be excited to see what he can do next season. I saw enough from him to expect more and once he gets confidence in himself and gets used to the higher intensity I think he'll be an upgrade on McGinn.

Â