Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

On 04/04/2021 at 14:53, villalad21 said:

He has already openly said he was shocked by the tempo of the league.

Give it time.

This. 100%. Bonkers how we are continually surprised by it with new players. This is basically an extended preseason for him for next year, and I actually still think he’s looked better than our other midfielders in a couple of games.

Time to judge him will be around Christmas I think. If he hasn't had any good games by then, perhaps it isn't coming. I see flashes in games already, though, where he seems to be playing well. I think he'll find that consistency and kick on.

I don’t see anything exciting in him.

However we are in an enviable position of allowing him a couple months of no pressure premier league experience (i know...is their such a thing???).

At present if we had must win game Ramsey would get in the team ahead of him I’m sure.

2 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

However we are in an enviable position of allowing him a couple months of no pressure premier league experience (i know...is their such a thing???).

At present if we had must win game Ramsey would get in the team ahead of him I’m sure.

Not every player has to make you excited. What we need from him is to be a box-to-box supporting player and that's what he looks like so far - I think the performances from him have been very encouraging so far.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My only main is his lack of physicality, something we already lack in midfield. Not every player needs it to be effective and hopefully he learns how to work around it soon enough. So far he has looked tidy, but it doesn't feel like he adds anything we didn't already have. Not yet, at least. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

Not every player has to make you excited. What we need from him is to be a box-to-box supporting player and that's what he looks like so far - I think the performances from him have been very encouraging so far.

I agree totally.Exciting is probably not the correct term to use here.

Lets just say that I think Ramsey is further along when it comes to being a reliable choice in the type of box to box player you describe.

We are having to watch him now because Dean needs to give him minutes.

1 hour ago, MarkLillis said:

I agree totally.Exciting is probably not the correct term to use here.

Lets just say that I think Ramsey is further along when it comes to being a reliable choice in the type of box to box player you describe.

We are having to watch him now because Dean needs to give him minutes.

Ramsey for me is more of an attacking player - I don't see his strengths as tracking back and defending, rather I'd like to see him use his skill/technique in and around the box to make things happen in attack. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MarkLillis said:

Ian Taylor wasn't an exciting player, god how I would love sansom to be our next Ian Taylor. Hard working none stop running, pops up with the odd goal or two and pops up with crucial tackles and interceptions. Every good team needs an Ian Taylor.

• Like 2

I think he's looked pretty good to be honest.

His English is shaky and he's come into a side performing very badly. He signed the day before we lost to Burnley, and that first 45 feels like the last time we really played well.

I think the fact he looks keen to get on the ball is really good and shows the right sort of mindset we need. He's not hiding when it's difficult or tough.

Imagine him in the side when we're flying and Grealish is present, he, just like everyone else does, will look five times the player.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

His English is shaky and he's come into a side performing very badly. I think the fact he looks keen to get on the ball is really good and shows the right sort of mindset we need. He's not hiding when it's difficult or tough.

Imagine him in the side when we're flying and Grealish is present, he, just like everyone else does, will look five times the player.

Yeah he's been pretty decent. Certainly better than Luiz and Nakamba at this stage in their Villa careers.

10 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

His English is shaky and he's come into a side performing very badly. He signed the day before we lost to Burnley, and that first 45 feels like the last time we really played well.

I think the fact he looks keen to get on the ball is really good and shows the right sort of mindset we need. He's not hiding when it's difficult or tough.

I tend to agree with most things you say on here and I hope you're right on this one. 

• Like 2

You can see the potential is there. Fingers crossed he improves, seems like a likable character. Also appreciated his honesty in the need to get used to the tempo in PL, he knows where he needs to focus his game at the moment!

I suspect we got a great signing, who will shine next season.

judging him after literally 290 minutes in the PL is pure madness.

Time will tell if he proves to be the player we wanted, but considering how little he has played i think he has done pretty well overall, nothing spectacular, but nothing terrible.

come on people, it will be next season before we can realistically judge him!, why cant we just give players a little time to settle!!!

• Like 1

On 07/04/2021 at 12:52, Dante_Lockhart said:

I don't want it to become another Veretout situation.

I dont think he will... Its a completely different situation...
We havent signed him and 3-4 other French lads all at the same time in an emergency patch up job orchestrated by charlatains after they sold the spine of the team...

21 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

judging him after literally 290 minutes in the PL is pure madness.

Time will tell if he proves to be the player we wanted, but considering how little he has played i think he has done pretty well overall, nothing spectacular, but nothing terrible.

come on people, it will be next season before we can realistically judge him!, why cant we just give players a little time to settle!!!

Not read the whole thread but I think 95% on here are saying this??

45 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

At home in an inflatable cast thing - anyone know what he's done?

He was in the wars v Fulham second half last week, was down a couple of times and was limping off when subbed so looks like whatever knock he had hasn't improved with week's rest.

I agree with some of the posts above, he is neat and tidy on the ball and can run forward with it but a little bit lightweight so far in the 50/50s. Time to judge next season of course.

Â