Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

6 hours ago, lexicon said:

Barkley offers an attacking threat through the middle, which currently none of our other CMs are doing - except perhaps Sanson, but he's not really had enough time to show that yet. If we put Luiz and Nakamba in with Barkley, they could make up for Ross' defensive shortcomings. 

But why would you want to let the opposition attack? 

25 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Take it you didn't watch the Newcastle game then. 

Yes I did.... Barkley played the ball forward on several occasions. We scored with him on the pitch.... also conceded with him on the pitch... For him it was an above average performance.

However based on previous experience, if afforded the opportunity, he'll now go on a run of 10 games, start every one and contribute next to nothing.... more than likely the opposition will subsequently overrun the midfield due to his now infamous lack of application.

This is what he does... The evidence is there, the counts are in. He does not offer an attacking threat any more than other players in our squad who are labelled as not good enough.

Hopefully Grealish will be fit for our next match. He should play the 10 role. If not I'd bring Sanson in. We had our best spell this season when Barkley was out injured. I don't think he should be anywhere near the starting 11.

He doesn't deserve the chances he's afforded.

Edited by jimmygreaves
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, jimmygreaves said:

Yes I did.... Barkley played the ball forward on several occasions. We scored with him on the pitch.... also conceded with him on the pitch... For him it was an above average performance.

However based on previous experience, if afforded the opportunity, he'll now go on a run of 10 games, start every one and contribute next to nothing.... more than likely the opposition will subsequently overrun the midfield due to his now infamous lack of application.

This is what he does... The evidence is there, the counts are in. He does not offer an attacking threat any more than other players in our squad who are labelled as not good enough.

Hopefully Grealish will be fit for our next match. He should play the 10 role. If not I'd bring Sanson in. We had our best spell this season when Barkley was out injured. I don't think he should be anywhere near the starting 11.

He doesn't deserve the chances he's afforded.

Stop The Count GIFs | Tenor

14 hours ago, lexicon said:

Take it you didn't watch the Newcastle game then. 

He had two good passes coming on a tired defence for the first time in 15 matches. Still he lost possession horribly in our own half twice which they should have made a goal scoring chance on.

The man is a total and utter liability. He has consistently shown he's not up for it, both here and former clubs. Why anyone thinks he will come good baffles me.

He's also on massive wages, turning 28 (so what you see is what you get), and has a pretty shite injury history.

We'd be crazy not to use all that money, both wages and fee, and find a better option for us.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 4

On 13/03/2021 at 09:35, AVTuco said:

Tidy little squad player. There's a reason why they sold him to us and why he's not starting games even in our poor midfield.

Don't you think there's a small chance, a tiny one, that's got more to do with him only being at the club for 2 months? Having moved to another country, learning his new team mates, new language, new tactics, new food, new culture, new home?

See I'd understand your argument if he played a fair bit and he was completely out of depth, but he has looked quite good. So lack of further minutes on the pitch just might be anchored in something else than him not being good enough to start regularly in our midfield.

Easing players in is normally what clubs do.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 13/03/2021 at 08:35, AVTuco said:

Tidy little squad player. There's a reason why they sold him to us and why he's not starting games even in our poor midfield.

They sold him to us cause the club needed the money desperately. The manager didn't want him to go... he walked a few days later, didn't he?

Sanson looks decent so far and I think we have reason to be excited.

If we can get him and Grealish in the team for the last nine to ten games i think that will really improve our chances of a top ten finish.

After a good pre-season I'd expect Sanson to really show some quality next season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

He had two good passes coming on a tired defence for the first time in 15 matches. Still he lost possession horribly in our own half twice which they should have made a goal scoring chance on.

The man is a total and utter liability. He has consistently shown he's not up for it, both here and former clubs. Why anyone thinks he will come good baffles me.

He's also on massive wages, turning 28 (so what you see is what you get), and has a pretty shite injury history.

We'd be crazy not to use all that money, both wages and fee, and find a better option for us.

I don't think he's done enough to justify us spending a wedge on him, but he's clearly one of the most talented footballers we have available to us. He's going through a very bad patch, sure, but we don't have anyone who can play CAM and he may well get out of this slump and back to what he showed us at the beginning of the season. 

5 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Don't you think there's a small chance, a tiny one, that's got more to do with him only being at the club for 2 months? Having moved to another country, learning his new team mates, new language, new tactics, new food, new culture, new home?

See I'd understand your argument if he played a fair bit and he was completely out of depth, but he has looked quite good. So lack of further minutes on the pitch just might be anchored in something else than him not being good enough to start regularly in our midfield.

Easing players in is normally what clubs do.

Ummm... yes, and if he continues to ease in, he'll become a tidy squad player for us.

On 16/03/2021 at 09:54, jimmygreaves said:

They sold him to us cause the club needed the money desperately. The manager didn't want him to go... he walked a few days later, didn't he?

Yeah they sold him and bought another player. When AVB found out he quit in the middle of a press conference (the player that they bough that is) 

On 16/03/2021 at 11:29, lexicon said:

I don't think he's done enough to justify us spending a wedge on him, but he's clearly one of the most talented footballers we have available to us. He's going through a very bad patch, sure, but we don't have anyone who can play CAM and he may well get out of this slump and back to what he showed us at the beginning of the season. 

The form he showed at the beginning of the season. Being Pretty Good in 3 games fair enough but then he was the worst player on the pitch in the other 2 before he was injured. We conceded 7 in 2 games because he offered no cover in midfield. We concede over 1.5 goals a game when he is on the pitch and our increase in goals is like 0.2. He isn't worth the cost. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Tbf it would be good to have a lot more tidy squad players. At the moment we have shit squad players. 

Haha, yes, agreed mate! I mean, he's okay just like all our midfielders, but that's it. Our midfield is distinctly average.

• Like 1

Â