Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

I’m going to use the phrase ‘he needs time’. I’ve stated in the match thread that I think this is an excuse we have rolled out too much with our signings in recent times but I really hope it’s the fact he isn’t up to speed with the Premier League just yet and not the fact that he isn’t cut out for it. 

His performance today was worrying. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I think he improves the squad slightly but I'm not sure he's the type of player we were desperate for. 

I’m with you on this. My main concern with the statement though is that he wasn’t cheap. 

We’ve bought a heck of a lot of players for decent amounts of money that just don’t look up to it..

• Like 1

I think he will become a bit of a Douglas Luiz in his second season where we start to see his quality come through after looking decidedly average in his first. 

There were a couple of moments today when he carried the ball where he looked really sharp and could actually beat a player and open space for a pass only to get flattened. 

He will come good I reckon.

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

I’m with you on this. My main concern with the statement though is that he wasn’t cheap. 

We’ve bought a heck of a lot of players for decent amounts of money that just don’t look up to it..

Have we though? All of the buys in the Smith era that are north of £10m which would qualify as a decent amount of money have looked very good overall this season, some of which this is their first season in England. 

The ones that don't look up to it long term for where we're going have actually been bought for comparatively **** all (AEG - 6.75m, Trez £9m etc...) 

• Like 2

Dare I say I thought he was ok today. The goal was from his blocked pass but fault was with Mings for sure. Made a few run forward with the ball when big John faded after 30mins or so. If there is a weak link in our midfield right now its not him, its Douglas Luiz

• Like 1

Surprised and disappointed to see him coming under fire today, thought he was our best centre mid. I think people might appreciate him more watching him play live, as they would be able to see how much ground he covers more clearly. The guy always offers an option, passes well, can defend well, can dribble - probably our best CM.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I think he improves the squad slightly but I'm not sure he's the type of player we were desperate for. 

I hope we give him time because I think there is a player in there.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Surprised and disappointed to see him coming under fire today, thought he was our best centre mid. I think people might appreciate him more watching him play live, as they would be able to see how much ground he covers more clearly. The guy always offers an option, passes well, can defend well, can dribble - probably our best CM.

I do like him, but he definitely needs time to acclimatize to the PL and the pace/strength of the game.

I like the fact that he is willing to make driving runs as well.

I think he will be fine, a pre season etc should see him grow both in confidence and strength.

Confidence isn't just about the play, it's about believing you are trusted by your team mates to freely play your game as well.

As myself and others have said, not the player we need immediately, but an incremental squad upgrade which will see us well in the longer term.

Bare in mind we have Cups, alot of games and potentially Europe if we can push on next season.

Enough games for everyone to play a valuable role.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

Â