Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

There were ITK rumours of a 'Number 8' from the continent during our Summer window. 

I wonder if Sanson is the someone who we were working on during the Summer and we just finished the deal off this time now that his price was lower and we look a different sales pitch.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Can’t loan Gilmore and Barkley from Chelsea, can only have 1 from another Premier League club. I do think we could still loan Januzaj tho... :trollface:

So the $64,000 question is.....

Januzaj or Rashica?

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Amavi

Was linked with arsenal this morning

I'd obviously take him back but he'd be back up here with how well Targett is playing, he'd be back up at arsenal too with Tierney there, I'm sure he's another who's out of contract in the summer so if we could do a deal for less than £5m it would be a great signing

But I was joking about Kamara, that kids going places, CL teams will snap him up, caletta car would be our 3rd best CB maybe pushing for a start if we could get him, he's linked with West ham 

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'd obviously take him back but he'd be back up here with how well Targett is playing, he'd be back up at arsenal too with Tierney there, I'm sure he's another who's out of contract in the summer so if we could do a deal for less than £5m it would be a great signing

But I was joking about Kamara, that kids going places, CL teams will snap him up, caletta car would be our 3rd best CB maybe pushing for a start if we could get him, he's linked with West ham 

Yeah I’d just like us to have genuine competition (like the Sanson signing) in most, if not all, positions. I worry if/when Targett is missing now.

Really want us to continue to push on and maintain the momentum we’ve built up, we’ve done so well so far and need to keep it going. Hoping that injuries & suspensions don’t affect us too much.

We do need another goalscorer, to take the load off Watkins as backup/rotation.

Davis is useless in that regard and who knows when Wesley is back and what condition/form he will be in?

Can’t really see Traore being played there but he is looking good now... making that RW position his own.

31 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

who knows when Wesley is back and what condition/form he will be in?

That’s the big question. You’d like to think that the medical staff along with the coaches will have a much better idea than us, but even they won’t really know until he’s back on the pitch and involved in a few games. By which time the window will be closed. It’s probably a case of fingers crossed if he’s looking good. Any serious bids on serious players would suggest Wesley’s recovery isn’t going too well. Either way January isn’t a good time to buy when you’re desperate, as we all remember from last year. 

I think if an opportunity presented itself that offered real value we may go for it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, May-Z said:

There were ITK rumours of a 'Number 8' from the continent during our Summer window. 

I wonder if Sanson is the someone who we were working on during the Summer and we just finished the deal off this time now that his price was lower and we look a different sales pitch.

He said he started watching our games from early December once he knew of our interest so I think despite a few people claiming this, we didn't hold a firm enough interest in him for him and/or his representatives to know till last month. 

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

If he see this one more time!!

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Here we go again. Traore has near double goals and assists at CF in similar amount of appearances as King. King is absolute overrated junk. 

P.S. King has been injured but back and barely considered at Bournemouth

I would only take Brooks from them. 

14 hours ago, skarroki said:

Well you buried your cryptic "joke" in a bizarre list of people you hate for leaving Villa so you'll have to excuse me for not picking up on the niche humour 

It wasn't my list. I was poking fun at the person who made the list.

10 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

How much would Saka cost? 

Realistically? £50-60m.

But that's how much some would value Grealish at.

So if you were to ask Arsenal, they would say £100m+