Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

13 hours ago, skarroki said:

What are you talking about 

Screenshot_20210125-183604_Chrome.jpg

12 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Eh? He won trophies at City and then played on for about another 5 years with Everton and Albion.

10 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Thought he did quite well...

You missed the joke - GIF on Imgur

How anybody could suggest Barry was shit after leaving us is beyond me. All the clubs he played outperformed us during this time apart from the last season with WBA in the championship. They theoretically also did over the standard 46 game season.

Edited by sparrow1988

On 24/01/2021 at 20:29, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m probably the only one that thinks he is getting over hyped. He is a nice tidy player and doing well for his first year in the top flight. But I think he slows the game down way to much and if you watch him closely, there’s not that actually that much end product. I’m glad we didn’t sign him.

FWIW I think Eze has enough to be a very significant player of his generation: he is a big strong unit, very athletic, great control and balance and clearly an eye for the game. With the right coaching and experience I think he could be a very good player at a big club, I would have loved him to have come here. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Osirus said:

Anyone think Edin Dzeko might be a good pick up?

Been linked with a move to West Ham, could do a job on an 18 month contract 

I was thinking this when I saw he was available, would be decent bench option, even if it was just short term.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, thunderball said:

FWIW I think Eze has enough to be a very significant player of his generation: he is a big strong unit, very athletic, great control and balance and clearly an eye for the game. With the right coaching and experience I think he could be a very good player at a big club, I would have loved him to have come here. 

Maybe. Only time will tell. Do you think he’s similar to Bertie with his flair and eye for the game?

27 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Never even realised he was still playing.

How old is he?

34, mate.

Still managed 7 goals this season, admittedly I haven't watched Roma at all so not sure how he would fit our system  

Edited by Osirus
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Osirus said:

Anyone think Edin Dzeko might be a good pick up?

Been linked with a move to West Ham, could do a job on an 18 month contract 

Is any player not linked to West Ham? They seem to have a very good squad already but still always active in the transfer market. They must have spent a lot of money in recent years. 

7 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

He got 3 assists in one game. He has scored goals in that 9 game stretch just robbed by ridiculous VAR 

My point was that stats can be very misleading. Watkins could go 10 games for us with no goals or assists but we all know how much more than this he offers. Sometimes you just have to watch the player regularly to know what they offer, rather than going purely off their stats.

1 hour ago, useless said:

We're being linked with a loan move for Billy Gilmour.

Seems doubtful though if Sanson signs.

Can’t loan Gilmore and Barkley from Chelsea, can only have 1 from another Premier League club. I do think we could still loan Januzaj tho... :trollface:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I wouldn't take Ed over Tam, one hasPrem experience and a goal Tally in this league the other doesnt.

Fair enough, it is definitely a game of views.

I was just never fully convinced by Tammy.  I know he scored goals for us in the Championship but I didn't expect him to be as successful at Chelsea as he was last season.  He was, however, playing at the tip of a very decent side that was creating a lot of chances.  To me, Tammy just always looks a bit gangly and not really solid enough to compete with physical strong centre halves in the way that Ollie or, say, Calvert Lewin can.

I also think, if we did buy Tammy, he'd be a lot more expensive than Edouard who only has 12 months left on his contract.

Either would be great though in competition with Ollie - two proper no. 9's.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Osirus said:

34, mate.

Still managed 7 goals this season, admittedly I haven't watched Roma at all so not sure how he would fit our system  

Watched Roma a fair bit over the last few seasons and Dzeko is a no go for me.  Firstly he will want "guaranteed" CL football (so will see us as too big a gamble).  Second I imagine that he will want massive wages.  Thirdly there is no way he fits into our system - he always looks like he wants to be the centre of everything ("me first, team second" type attitude).  He's a pretty decent finisher (although I think that he should have scored more at Roma) but spends a lot of time walking around to conserve his energy.  If you need a talisman target man then he's a good bet and will score a fair few goals.  But we'd have to change our style a lot to get anything out of him.  I might be slightly biased against him - he did after all break several records a couple of seasons back.  But I don't think he'd fit in to what we seem to be building, we'd not get the best out of him and I am sure he thinks he is well out of our league.  So I'm not seeing much positive in this link.

• Like 2