Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

12 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Realistically? £50-60m.

But that's how much some would value Grealish at.

So if you were to ask Arsenal, they would say £100m+

He's Arsenal's best prospect atm so would cost £Not for sale

10 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

That’s the big question. You’d like to think that the medical staff along with the coaches will have a much better idea than us, but even they won’t really know until he’s back on the pitch and involved in a few games. By which time the window will be closed. It’s probably a case of fingers crossed if he’s looking good. Any serious bids on serious players would suggest Wesley’s recovery isn’t going too well. Either way January isn’t a good time to buy when you’re desperate, as we all remember from last year. 

I think if an opportunity presented itself that offered real value we may go for it. 

It would surprise me if we didn't go for another big money striker in the summer.

I think the club view any impact from Wesley from this point onwards as a bonus.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

It would surprise me if we didn't go for another big money striker in the summer.

I think the club view any impact from Wesley from this point onwards as a bonus.

I don't think we will. Smith wants to play Watkins like Spurs play Kane and they've never really looked to rotate or properly cover him even after few serious injuries. Smith identified Traore as option when we signed him. AEG worst case would do lot better with players  behind we now have (pretty sure he was striker when Drunkwater was playing). Then there's Wesley, Davis, and Barry on the cusp

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

I don't think we will. Smith wants to play Watkins like Spurs play Kane and they've never really looked to rotate or properly cover him even after few serious injuries. Smith identified Traore as option when we signed him. AEG worst case would do lot better with players  behind we now have (pretty sure he was striker when Drunkwater was playing). Then there's Wesley, Davis, and Barry on the cusp

Fair point. Of those listed only Traore I think could make any impact as CF (But he's doing fine wide) 

14 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I don't disagree and neither do my 2 Arsenal supporting mates 

Yes but Arsenal did disagree. They don't however have Saka down as a back-up left back. 

I don't know why people keep suggesting Saka, have I missed a meme?

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Yes but Arsenal did disagree. They don't however have Saka down as a back-up left back. 

I think you are. He's playing Traore position in 4231 and has 4 goals 3 assists in last 6 games

27 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I should make my signature "Traore has excellent record at CF"

In a 2 up top though. He also has only played 13 games there over the last 3 seasons (including this one). The way we play he wouldn't offer us much there, as Watkins, as quoted by Smith, "is like two strikers" due to his work rate. Maybe a game or two but anything longer then I don't think we'll be effective.

So a question for you as I don't know where you stand do you think Traore can cover up front? 😜

• Like 1

It’s going to be interesting what direction Chelsea will now take under Tuchel in terms of youth development. Mount, Hudson-Odoi, Gilmore, Gallagher, Anjorin, Barkley & Loftus-Cheek would all improve our midfield options IMO and will be vying for places and not all will make it. cheeky bid for mount in the summer rather than Barkley? 

Edited by thabucks

38 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Yes, Saka wanted Grealish to join him at Arsenal (apparently) .... So instead we want Grealish to convince Saka to come to Villa 🙂 

52 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I don't think we will. Smith wants to play Watkins like Spurs play Kane and they've never really looked to rotate or properly cover him even after few serious injuries. 

Who replaces Kane in the team when he is out injured?

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

It’s going to be interesting what direction Chelsea will now take under Tuchel in terms of youth development. Mount, Hudson-Odoi, Gilmore, Gallagher, Anjorin, Barkley & Loftus-Cheek would all improve our midfield options IMO and will be vying for places and not all will make it. cheeky bid for mount in the summer rather than Barkley? 

I would say Mount is their crown jewel, which is precisely why we have a chance for Barkley. They would be fools to make Mount available.