Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Is any player not linked to West Ham? They seem to have a very good squad already but still always active in the transfer market. They must have spent a lot of money in recent years. 

They need another CF after selling Haller given Antonio's fitness can't be trusted.

Could move Jarred Bowen centrally but to me that's a bit like us moving Traore there, doing well out wide so why change it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, useless said:

We're being linked with a loan move for Billy Gilmour.

Seems doubtful though if Sanson signs.

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Lol. Why on earth would we do that? 

think you're looking at it wrong you should be looking from the perspective of his cousin Gary(possibly), you know,  if you're looking through Gary Gilmours ey.... no wait, hold it,  I'll get my coat😁😁

5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe. Only time will tell. Do you think he’s similar to Bertie with his flair and eye for the game?

Traore? No, I think he's more in the mould of Pogba or even Jack. I like what I have seen of Traore so far, but so far I feel he is guilding on our lily whereas I think Eze is going to be the complete player, multi dimensioned rather than just a flair player. Eze is young though a lot can go wrong in the next 3 years. I had Jack down as just a fancy-dan player but he is the real deal now and has physically grown into a strong, athletic, skillful player with great mental attributes (I think thats his biggest strength), I think Grealish can be better than Hazard if he wants it enough. I think Eze has enough natural talent and the genetics to be a first rate attacking midfield player but know nothing about his mental ability to develop and stay focused and keep developing.

9 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

You missed the joke - GIF on Imgur

How anybody could suggest Barry was shit after leaving us is beyond me. All the clubs he played outperformed us during this time apart from the last season with WBA in the championship. They theoretically also did over the standard 46 game season.

Well you buried your cryptic "joke" in a bizarre list of people you hate for leaving Villa so you'll have to excuse me for not picking up on the niche humour 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Dzeko being linked with Everton and West Ham. For short term until end of season that's the sort of signing to me that would nudge us into top 6. Scored nearly 50 goals over last two and a half seasons.

Love him....getting on a bit, but what a player, he was.

Just now, TRO said:

isn't this Michael Olise suppsed a bit special.....is he worth a punt?

100%, but i imagine he would cost a few mil.

are we even open to any more purchases do u think?, and do we have any money left to spend?

2 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

Do you think we are done this window with Sanson coming in or have we got any more irons in the fire ?

Unless something unexpected comes up in terms of player availability most likely done

14 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

Do you think we are done this window with Sanson coming in or have we got any more irons in the fire ?

Done though would like LB cover even though I don't think Taylor is half as bad as people make out 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Done though would like LB cover even though I don't think Taylor is half as bad as people make out 

I'd like striker cover so we could send Davis out on loan and ease wesley back in. Maybe we purchase josh king from Bournemouth and loan Davis to them. Although Solanke probably would keep him out the side given he has 16 goal contributions in 25 appearances. 

5 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I'd like striker cover so we could send Davis out on loan and ease wesley back in. Maybe we purchase josh king from Bournemouth and loan Davis to them. Although Solanke probably would keep him out the side given he has 16 goal contributions in 25 appearances. 

Here we go again. Traore has near double goals and assists at CF in similar amount of appearances as King. King is absolute overrated junk. 

P.S. King has been injured but back and barely considered at Bournemouth

Edited by Kiwivillan

41 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

With one week left I wonder if we wouldn't have heard any rumours or whispers by now if something was getting close, even if a lot of deals are made in the last day I guess the negotiations must have started earlier. Interesting that Sanson said he started to watch our games closely in December.

I may have missed something but have we heard any rumours about other players? Except the old ones Birmingham Mail use as click bait.