Ross Barkley

LondonLax

7 minutes ago, sne said:

He really shouldn't even be in the squad for the remaining games because what would be the point.

No benefit for the club to give him minutes but all the incentive in the world to give our youngsters a couple cameos. Unless, god forbid the club has already decided to sign him on a permanent deal.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

You have to think we would be better off giving the likes of Ramsey (both brothers), Carney, etc. some game time for the rest of the season rather than playing someone who's not going to be here next season. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Herman22 said:

You have to think we would be better off giving the likes of Ramsey (both brothers), Carney, etc. some game time for the rest of the season rather than playing someone who's not going to be here next season. 

Agreed, I think we should stop playing Ross altogether now because there really is no point at this stage. We're not going to buy him (I HOPE!) anyways so wasteful playing him imo.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, sidcow said:

So the consensus is either that he was utter dogshit or that he was OK. 

Thing is OK isn't good enough, it's not what he was brought here for.  He was supposed to take the heat off Jack and be a second top dollar player who would help to take us places.  OK is just nowhere near what we wanted from him. 

We really have a terrible record with loan signings.  Abraham is a very rare example of where its worked for us. 

Absolutely, but OK is a move in the right direction, as it's better than shit. 

There's absolutely no way we'll buy him, and obviously Chelsea won't want him back. You can't help but the think the die has been cast here, and he'll turn up somewhere like a Brighton or Norwich, be brilliant for a few games before fading moodily back to the bench. It's pretty sad really. His career looks finished.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, sne said:

He really shouldn't even be in the squad for the remaining games because what would be the point.

No benefit for the club to give him minutes but all the incentive in the world to give our youngsters a couple cameos. Unless, god forbid the club has already decided to sign him on a permanent deal.

Completely agree. We'll most likely fall down to 12th and finish the season poorly.  Might as well give that time to develop our own players.

52 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Each game I think he can't possibly fall off further but he does. I was so hopeful for what he'd become this season after the Liverpool game, basically exactly what Lingard has been for West Ham.

Same here. I was quite excited when he signed on loan and thought he was a next level signing, but he has been a massive disappointment unfortunately. I wouldn't want us to sign him in the summer now as it would be a big risk and waste of our budget.

45 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Who would’ve thought after what felt like the longest wait for him to regain fitness after his injury in November that we would be left with Danny Drinkwater Mk II.......

It's a strange thing. Remember thinking when he went out injured before Christmas that we lost a key player.

When Smith said that he would get Ross into the England team, he must've thought that signing the loan contract would be enough and not that he'd actually have to play football. This guy is a waste of minutes that any of our own players who actually want to be here and perform, especially from the youth team, could be having instead. Just send him back now.

Oh, I didn't see him try to directly assist an opponent yesterday though, so well done for that. An improvement.

Edited by fightoffyour

I look at his demeanour and the way he is playing and honestly, I reckon the lad has some pyschological issues both off and on the pitch. He looks disinterested, lethargic and I don't think I've ever seen the bloke smile. 
I don't think he has that fight in him any longer to play at this level. Whatever has happened to his mindset, he's not committed and he isn't fit enough to compete in the PL. 

I echo what others have said on here. He absolutely should not be getting minutes for us any longer. I know we've got a few injuries but we're nowhere near depleted enough for him to be getting game time. We obviously can't terminate the loan early but we should be leaving him at home for the remaining games and a youngster should make the squad in his place.

No way are we signing him. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I look at his demeanour and the way he is playing and honestly, I reckon the lad has some pyschological issues both off and on the pitch. He looks disinterested, lethargic and I don't think I've ever seen the bloke smile. 
I don't think he has that fight in him any longer to play at this level. Whatever has happened to his mindset, he's not committed and he isn't fit enough to compete in the PL. 

I echo what others have said on here. He absolutely should not be getting minutes for us any longer. I know we've got a few injuries but we're nowhere near depleted enough for him to be getting game time. We obviously can't terminate the loan early but we should be leaving him at home for the remaining games and a youngster should make the squad in his place.

No way are we signing him. 

I believe the issues are upstairs as well. The majority of them at least. He's not fit at all but that can be worked on, but not without sorting out the rest first.

Remember the same was being said about Lingard not too long back that he was finished and what not. Look at the praise that he is getting now. Nobody saw that turnaround coming either. The turnaround for Ross won't come this season or may never come but it is just one example of someone rediscovering form.

He'll probably turn up somewhere like Southampton and be superb. 

If we sign him he will be diabolical and we'll end up paying him for not playing till he retires. 

1 hour ago, Woody1000 said:

Who would’ve thought after what felt like the longest wait for him to regain fitness after his injury in November that we would be left with Danny Drinkwater Mk II.......

U cant seriously say he was a disaster like drinkwater was. Thats OTT.

Hasnt worked out for him here but scored the winner against leicetser amd was brilliant on his debut. Had some good games for is before his injury.

Drinkwater was just shit period and beat up jota

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Hasnt worked out for him here but scored the winner against leicetser amd was brilliant on his debut. Had some good games for is before his injury.

The comparison was more to it being another loan disaster from Chelsea, but fair enough I guess.

And to be accused of being OTT by someone like yourself is the most ironic thing I’ve read all day! 😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sne said:

I agree he doesn't look fit to me. 

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yes hes done a lot more than Drinkwater. 

Â