Ross Barkley

LondonLax

On 17/04/2021 at 02:49, tezzaleed said:

its unbelievable how quickly villa fans rewrite history.  it wasn't a couple of games at the start of the season it was every game until he got injured.  that was him in good form playing in a good team with a player on his wavelength.  equally I'm not going to forget the woeful 6 games after covid but I won't forget what he's capable of fit in form in a good team. however I'm not saying we should sign him.  I think the main issue is his injury problems.  when he's fit and playing well he appears to pull a hamstring and then takes far too long to recover, regain fitness and then as we've seen form.

he was ok in every game and great in some pre injury IMO, never went below say a 6/10

since he's been back i dont think he's been above a 6/10

we'll never know obviously but i really wouldn't be surprised if towards the end of his injury or during his injury or even during the corona period something happened between him and the club, maybe he was unhappy with our medical staff taking so long to get him back to fitness, maybe we tried to cancel the loan, maybe we informed his agent that we had no interest in signing him after the loan, maybe after his birthday we slapped him on the wrist behind the scenes and he didnt like it but something somewhere has happened and he's got his ass in his hands like a moody teenager, i think something has happened that has shot him mentally and now he's done at villa and going through the motions

There has been a few lines in various articles during his stay here that the club has been unhappy about his professionalism and off field stuff. No real details thou other than that birthday dinner with Grealish.

9 minutes ago, sne said:

There has been a few lines in various articles during his stay here that the club has been unhappy about his professionalism and off field stuff. No real details thou other than that birthday dinner with Grealish.

yeah thats what i mean, maybe behind the scenes we've pulled him to one side for a conversation with him hoping he bucks his ideas up and he's gone the other way

either way i think this a mental problem that he has and we'll never know the trigger

35 minutes ago, sne said:

It will be drinking and fitness always had been with him.

The guy is as thick as anything.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Only Liverpool and Arsenal games. Leicester he wasn’t good and we asked for him to get subbed but fair enough scored by then.

Leeds and Southampton were bad. Then the injury. 

This^. He was good in both Arsenal games, and may explain why Dean tried him again against Liverpool.

Otherwise he has been average or poor.

• Like 1

On 18/04/2021 at 13:23, AvfcRigo82 said:

Unfortunately, no.

He's still here stealing a wage.

I'm more concerned about him stealing a place on the bench whereas we could've been integrating a youth player and progressing with their personal development, would of been an Idea situation once we were safe. 

Surely having this waster on the bench is setting a poor example to the youth with his piss poor attitude and work ethics. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kingman said:

I'm more concerned about him stealing a place on the bench whereas we could've been integrating a youth player and progressing with their personal development, would of been an Idea situation once we were safe. 

Surely having this waster on the bench is setting a poor example to the youth with his piss poor attitude and work ethics. 

I agree. Six weeks cannot pass quick enough until we see the back of him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

That half was so boring I just watched Barkley for the craic kept the ball when he received it but honestly didn't break into a mild sprint once.

Keeping the ball is a step up from the performances we've seen of late tbf

2 minutes ago, birdman said:

He's giving Hourihane a run for his money in terms of a fair weather player. Absolute sloth! 

I'd have Hourihane over him 100/100 times

• Like 4

Â