Ross Barkley

LondonLax

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

The concern about him was his fitness record and he has shown this season that he's a sicknote. Just be glad we didn't sign him permanently. 

i honestly think its worse than that, his head's not in it, might be post corona, might be injury, might be knowing that we arent going to sign him, might be because we subbed him off and dont treat him as the player that he thinks he is

whatever it is his attitude, desire and determination, seems way off where it should be given his current standing in football - cant say shit or bust because he'll go back to his £100k+ a week chelsea deal but this was such an opportunity for him, especially given the start that he made, and he doesnt even seem interested any more

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Okonokos said:

Anyone got a live link to whatever this was? Seems to have been taken down.

It was a close cropped video of RB just before Liverpool scored their winner. It appeared to show him mooching around, throwing his arms up and complaining instead of pressing, running or tackling.

Some people argue that it was maybe out of context but personally I just thought it summed up what I see from him all the time.

But yes it appears to have been removed from twitter for copyright reasons so sorry bout that

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jimmygreaves said:

He made 4 appearances before the injury. He was his usual anonymous self in 2 and a half of them.

I've said it before... for some reason there's this myth that's been swallowed about this guy. It's like no-one had actually seen him play.

Nope. He made 5 appearances first of all, but you're being disingenuous if you're saying he was playing exactly how he is now. Even in his poorer game against Southampton for example, there were still flashes here and there. He had 2 goals and an assist in those 5 games. Just the 1 goal in the 13 games since. There's been a marked drop off in everything he does. His work rate was never the highest even in his pomp.

8 hours ago, Okonokos said:

Anyone got a live link to whatever this was? Seems to have been taken down.

6 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

It was a close cropped video of RB just before Liverpool scored their winner. It appeared to show him mooching around, throwing his arms up and complaining instead of pressing, running or tackling.

Some people argue that it was maybe out of context but personally I just thought it summed up what I see from him all the time.

But yes it appears to have been removed from twitter for copyright reasons so sorry bout that

As he says.

You missed sod all @Okonokos

Pretty much sums up Barkley's work effort every time he comes on the the pitch.

I've seen more enthusiasm from a tortoise!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Hard to believe but supposedly West Ham are interested in Barkley. Can Moyes jam a rocket up his arse ? Personally, I doubt it.

No rocket up the arse is going to give him his legs back unfortunately. It's kind of like people waiting for Rooney, Sheva and  Torres etc to get back into form back in the day when it was obvious they were shot to bits.

All notion of acceleration and sharpness is gone, and it does not come back.

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

No rocket up the arse is going to give him his legs back unfortunately. It's kind of like people waiting for Rooney, Sheva and  Torres etc to get back into form back in the day when it was obvious they were shot to bits.

All notion of acceleration and sharpness is gone, and it does not come back.

It's hard to believe he is physically done at 27 ! He really should be at his peak. 

Made some poor decisions when he came on in the last game. Didn't look on the pace, he's not going to get match fit by not playing but if he has a mare every time it's hard to see where he's going to get the minutes in and seeing as he's not our player and we're safe from relegation I'd promote from the youth instead if we're wanting to be generous with time on the pitch.

• Like 1

On 13/04/2021 at 15:24, TheMelvillan said:

You are right, instead of moving on and putting his mistake behind him he seemed to just give way to his opponent who dispossessed him. Even if he had of made attempt to of chased him down it would of been something but he just gave up it seems.

Gives in to easy when it goes wrong, struggling for passion and fire who knows with him but he's not the same player we had when he came in. He was creative, fast and to be totally honest a player that his teammates could rely on, I can't say that about him at the moment.

• Like 2

On 13/04/2021 at 13:32, villa4europe said:

i honestly think its worse than that, his head's not in it, might be post corona, might be injury, might be knowing that we arent going to sign him, might be because we subbed him off and dont treat him as the player that he thinks he is

whatever it is his attitude, desire and determination, seems way off where it should be given his current standing in football - cant say shit or bust because he'll go back to his £100k+ a week chelsea deal but this was such an opportunity for him, especially given the start that he made, and he doesnt even seem interested any more

Damp squib.

On 15/04/2021 at 03:44, gurru991 said:

Hard to believe but supposedly West Ham are interested in Barkley. Can Moyes jam a rocket up his arse ? Personally, I doubt it.

I sincerely hope so.

I'll drive him to their ground myself if it means we don't see the lazy bastard in a Villa shirt again.

Getting some proper shit on Facebook Barkley is.

I do feel for the bloke but he's got to want it here and make everyone see the real him.

11 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Getting some proper shit on Facebook Barkley is.

I do feel for the bloke but he's got to want it here and make everyone see the real him.

I'd love him to do that. that first few games when he came in playing alongside Grealish we played the best football I can remember us playing for years.  unfortunately the fans have given up on him and I don't think he's got the character to come back at Villa even if he gets match fit.  Shame as not sure we are yet in a place to attract players of his calibre.  can see him going to a decent footballing team and rediscovering his form.  must be hard trying to play proper football in this team without Grealish knowing no one wants him on the pitch.

14 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

I'd love him to do that. that first few games when he came in playing alongside Grealish we played the best football I can remember us playing for years.  unfortunately the fans have given up on him and I don't think he's got the character to come back at Villa even if he gets match fit.  Shame as not sure we are yet in a place to attract players of his calibre.  can see him going to a decent footballing team and rediscovering his form.  must be hard trying to play proper football in this team without Grealish knowing no one wants him on the pitch.

What is ‘his form’ though?

is it the hand full of stellar performances in his career, or the majority of lazy half arsed appearances?

on his day he’s brilliant - hence the england call ups. But his day comes around 2 times a year.

35 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Learn from the Barkley mistake and move on.

Then if that's the case we should of just learnt from the Drinkwater saga and never had a second cup of that bad tea.

Are we unable to learn from our mistakes, I'd like to think we have done yet at the same time it's always a tough one to predict the outcome of how a player is going to come in and be.

On 13/04/2021 at 13:32, villa4europe said:

100% this for me... What's the saying?...

BAD ATTITUDE.jpg

Edited by danceoftheshamen

Â