Ross Barkley

LondonLax

Absolutely ducking awful again today. Jogging around and scared to put a foot in. I counted one forward pass that hit its mark, and a few safe passes that he dithered over. Added nothing to our attack and weakened us defensively. 

Sorry Ross, I wanted to like you but I can’t with displays like this. 

• Like 1

After a horrible five minutes where he was his usual self he was ok - hard to be too harsh given the whole team perfomance.

But then again he doesn't deserve to be on the pitch after his performances for the past months.

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I didnt think he was that bad today. Did some shit passing for first 5 minutes but then was running around passing the ball and trying to make things happen.

I'm not saying all his play was bad but his defensive work rate and desire to try and win the ball back is pretty shocking!

• Like 1

Like I said in the match thread he kept the ball well apart from that first pass. Our passing improved when he came on. Which has got me thinking maybe he can play as a deep lying playmaker who just sits in front of the defence. He won't have to do any running either.

Really disappointed that it hasn't worked for him.

• Like 3

Monaco are in absolutely stupendous form although Fabregas is mostly a bit part player for them these days.

They have some really interesting players but no chance getting them now if they get into the CL. Niko Kovač has done far better than I thought he would.

For whatever reason  - post covid symptoms lingering....mental health issues.....injury not cleared up....can't be arsed any more......it is pretty obvious even to an amateur like me that he is not worthy of a place in the squad and for that alone i am annoyed at Smith still selecting him especially as we have realistically little to play for now....wish he would give the nippers more of a chance instead.

2 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

And an even more confused one in the background thinking "these two are professional footballers?"

saying to himself "I really hope Messi, Xavi and Iniesta never see my current team mates"

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He doesn't want to be here.

No idea why Smith brings him on.

Genuinely wonder how the rest of the squad feels about Barkley.

head over to the mings thread and you'll get a taster 😂

it would be interesting to know what he's doing in training and how the squad are reacting to him, probably as disappointed and now angry as we all are

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

saying to himself "I really hope Messi, Xavi and Iniesta never see my current team mates"

A bit like when your ex is much more attractive than your current missus.

So the consensus is either that he was utter dogshit or that he was OK. 

Thing is OK isn't good enough, it's not what he was brought here for.  He was supposed to take the heat off Jack and be a second top dollar player who would help to take us places.  OK is just nowhere near what we wanted from him. 

We really have a terrible record with loan signings.  Abraham is a very rare example of where its worked for us. 

Edited by sidcow

It was about 3 or so years ago I was going through a very bad period in my life, I wasn't staying fit, I wasn't eating right, I wasn't drinking right and I wasn't exercising right. One constant though was I always played football, I always love to play football.

Well I was rocking up once a week, nowhere near the level, not physically able to play or impact the game how I want...and do you know what I did...

I moaned at everything and everyone. I was an arsehole. I didn't have the fitness to impact the game so I was going to spend 60 minutes shouting at less capable players than me for not doing my running, or not being at the level I was in the years prior.

Another goal conceded as the game passed me by? Shout at someone for not tracking back.

Nevermind the fact a year earlier I would have no qualms marking someone elses man for the team running myself in to the ground to win a game of football. Just shout instead at everyone else for your failures.

That's basically Ross Barkley.

Pull your head out your arse you absolute mug, take some responsibility, stop moaning at the world and sort your shit out.

You're the worst player in the team, on form. You are on the bench...on merit. It isn't less capable players. It isn't poor teammates.
It's you.

• Like 1

He really shouldn't even be in the squad for the remaining games because what would be the point.

No benefit for the club to give him minutes but all the incentive in the world to give our youngsters a couple cameos. Unless, god forbid the club has already decided to sign him on a permanent deal.

• Like 1

Â